Samsung Galaxy S7 Rumors thread

bitslizer

3600 mah battery for the S7E sounds very, very good.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspence/2016/02/10/samsung-galaxy-s7-amoled-ambient-display/#6c829aa48ca1

Unlike an LCD panel which has a full screen backlight behind the pixels (even the black ones) drawing heavily on the battery, an AMOLED screen can illuminate individual pixels. If you have a black screen, there’s no actual power being drawn. Trigger a few pixels to put information on the screen and while it still draws power, it draws significantly less power than an LCD screen showing the same information.

This could be real useful on both models but I could see it being a main feature for the edge.

So, it looks pretty but it is the same design as the S6/Note 5.  Actually, it is the Note 5, just smaller.  I'm going to hold out and see what HTC has in store for its M10.  Although I've seen the leaks it may not be what it actually looks like and I'm open to any device that has the Snapdragon 820.

So, it looks pretty but it is the same design as the S6/Note 5. Actually, it is the Note 5, just smaller. I'm going to hold out and see what HTC has in store for its M10. Although I've seen the leaks it may not be what it actually looks like and I'm open to any device that has the Snapdragon 820.

Qualify that. Same general external design. If you're hung up on that and looking no further, you get what you deserve.

The guts are very different. Just the external format is similar. That format wasn't broke so there was nothing to fix there. Electrically, HUGE difference, so your statement as written is entirely incorrect.

New radios, weather resistant, sd card, new computing architecture, talk of a new display technology, newest OS compatibility, newest gorilla glass, about the only thing likely missing is USB-c.

The lack of a user replaceable battery may not be a big deal if they have the latest battery and charging tech incorporated for durability.

What else did I forget?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Qualify that. Same general external design. If you're hung up on that and looking no further, you get what you deserve.

The guts are very different. Just the external format is similar. That format wasn't broke so there was nothing to fix there. Electrically, HUGE difference, so your statement as written is entirely incorrect.

New radios, weather resistant, sd card, new computing architecture, talk of a new display technology, newest OS compatibility, newest gorilla glass, about the only thing likely missing is USB-c.

The lack of a user replaceable battery may not be a big deal if they have the latest battery and charging tech incorporated for durability.

What else did I forget?

All I have to go on is looks for now. Until the specs are announced, I don't believe we can base assumptions off the rumors.

4 colors white black gold silver

Always on display

Water resistant ip68, not 67

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_Code#Code_breakdown

Micro sd tray (128 card shown)

(No mention of internal memory or variants)

Night camera f 1.7

faster night autofocus

Motion panorama

Other external lenses available built into cases

Edge sdk and new uses

Edited by SturgeonGeneral

30 % more cpu

64 % more gpu

Liquid assisted cooling - mean it runs hot?

Prevent use of external cases that may insulate cooling system?

Battery

3000 mah standard

3600 mah edge

As prev reported

Vulkan api?

(Gaming enhancement)

Game pack plus gaming currency to get you addicted.

Demo of new graphics improvements that rival top gaming systems.

Gear VR for pre order confirmed.

Samsung pay reiterated

Knox reiterated

Connect automotive

Gear VR goggles oculus

gear 360 camera f2.0 2 lens

S7 as processor

Facebook zuckb presentation

FB VR scene sharing as part of a new social platform use for gear VR made possible by

360 deg sounds fast enough video rates

99$ oculus store talk up

Live broadcast 360 coming next gen social apps and games