BlackBerry Priv

kg4icg

Well looks like I'm waking up the BlackBerry part of device's. BlackBerry L6ARHM180LW has appeared on the FCC OET. So the usual analyst might want to go take a look. https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=BmDugNYTp5U9mtbkNAFFZg%3D%3D&fcc_id=L6ARHM180LW

If this thing wasn't $750, i might think about it.  Is Blackberry going for the high end market or trying to fail to dump the hardware side of the company?

My mom and wife love physical keyboards, but damn...

I see Band 41 in the tests, but no Band 25 or 26

No CDMA testing either.  Is there another model that will include CDMA support?  This appears to be a GSM phone for Blue/Magenta

If this thing wasn't $750, i might think about it.  Is Blackberry going for the high end market or trying to fail to dump the hardware side of the company?

No CDMA testing either.  Is there another model that will include CDMA support?  This appears to be a GSM phone for Blue/Magenta

yeah it's a big bummer they just couldn't add bands 25/26 and do what google/moto do.

It's an interesting phone, that's for sure.

if I can scoop one up off eBay for cheap, I might test it out.

This is when I will get one.  Like I did with my BB Z30.  I've had a lot of fun with that device.

On my invitation from BlackBerry, it says it is $899!!!

BlackBerry Priv $899:  http://shop.blackberry.com/store/bbrryus/en_CA/pd/productID.328095700/categoryID.70449700

The specs are pretty impressive, and this model will be a solid device for AT&T and T-Mobile customers.  No mention of Carrier Aggregation, but it must be present in some form since B29 is listed and it can only be used aggregated with another band.  I would like to know the particulars.  Like, does it do B17+B4 and B12+B4 and B17+B5?  Etc.

$899 in Canada. $699 in the US per this link. http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/10/priv-pre-order-begins-today/

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the clarification. The $200 premium in Canada is about right given the current exchange rate.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Verizon says the Priv is "coming soon". Does this mean a Sprint variant is also coming?

No, but there are some that hope it will. Someone asked Sprint on Twitter, but they aren't talking yet.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6s Plus 128GB using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...