Google Nexus 5X by LG User Thread (LG H790)

WiWavelength

Flashing the newest software and being unrooted and such did nto fix my camera.

Also, I found something sweet...the Voicemail tab within the native dialer now works for those who use google voice to handle voicemail!  FINALLY decent visual voicemail works again.  You just have to enable it within the google voice app to show voicemails in the dialer tab.  This is huge to me.

Also, I found something sweet...the Voicemail tab within the native dialer now works for those who use google voice to handle voicemail!  FINALLY decent visual voicemail works again.  You just have to enable it within the google voice app to show voicemails in the dialer tab.  This is huge to me.

That is big, amazing it took sprint/google this long to get VM working properly.

Really considering picking one of these up at $350. Has the hangouts/SMS integration been trouble free for everyone?

What issues have you guys been encountering that you have been disappointed with?

That is big, amazing it took sprint/google this long to get VM working properly.

I think this is all googles doing.  i dont see a way to integrate with sprint voicemail directly so you would have to have google voice handle voicemails.

I think this is all googles doing.  i dont see a way to integrate with sprint voicemail directly so you would have to have google voice handle voicemails.

Previously, integrating google voice with your sprint number was a disaster.

Previously, integrating google voice with your sprint number was a disaster.

That's an interesting opinion. Google Voice has worked pretty much flawlessly for me since I started using it since integration was first offered with Sprint. However, I have not moved to Hangouts, I still use the GV app. 

• Like 1

That's an interesting opinion. Google Voice has worked pretty much flawlessly for me since I started using it since integration was first offered with Sprint. However, I have not moved to Hangouts, I still use the GV app

is it possible I am forgetting a detail? Hmmm.

A couple years ago when everyone was using the N5 I remember the discussions about GV Integration with your Sprint number being a complete problem. I had tried it on my phone to use Google Voicemail and it sent my phone into a tailspin of not getting texts and missing calls. Pretty sure it was discussed here quite a bit.

To clarify, do you mean you are now able to use the native dialer to check visual voicemail?  I have a Nexus 6 and the only reason why I use the GV app is because the Sprint VVM app wouldn't work with it.

I may have to try using the native dialer on the N6 and see if it works there as well.  That would be nice.  I cannot stand the archaic look of the GV app.

Didn't realize it was this easy!  Just checked for the N6 and it works flawlessly.  I wonder if there is a way to setup a shortcut to open that tab directly.  I'm glad you posted about this, I cannot STAND the look of the Google Voice app.

I went back to the first radio and I have not dropped to 3G in strong LTE areas since.  On the 6.0.1 radio, I got 3G a lot more often.  Not sure what the deal is but I'm satisfied with the older radio.

Are you on the 2.6.22.0.56 Radio or the 2.6.28.0.65 radio? 

Didn't realize it was this easy!  Just checked for the N6 and it works flawlessly.  I wonder if there is a way to setup a shortcut to open that tab directly.  I'm glad you posted about this, I cannot STAND the look of the Google Voice app.

Tapping a new voicemail notification will bring you right to that tab.  Whats strange is that if I delete the message within the dialer it is still sitting in the inbox of the google voice app.  not a huge deal but i hope they expire off after 30 days like they do in the trash can.

• Like 1

is it possible I am forgetting a detail? Hmmm.

A couple years ago when everyone was using the N5 I remember the discussions about GV Integration with your Sprint number being a complete problem. I had tried it on my phone to use Google Voicemail and it sent my phone into a tailspin of not getting texts and missing calls. Pretty sure it was discussed here quite a bit.

I don't recall any issues. I used an N5 for quite a while and didn't have any problems. There were issues when GV was integrated with Hangouts, but I never moved to Hangouts so I never saw any problems.

• Like 1

Tapping a new voicemail notification will bring you right to that tab. Whats strange is that if I delete the message within the dialer it is still sitting in the inbox of the google voice app. not a huge deal but i hope they expire off after 30 days like they do in the trash can.

For me they're very delayed. A new voicemail won't appear for several hours to a day after the fact. Sometimes even after marking it as read in Google voice and hangouts it still shows up hours later and I have to mark it read there as well.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

• 2 weeks later...

I woke up this morning with a notification in the app drawer (with a white triangle) that said "Network Upgrade (may have said update) Complete"

Anyone else get it?  Dont really know what changed.  Was this just a network initiated profile update?

I woke up this morning with a notification in the app drawer (with a white triangle) that said "Network Upgrade (may have said update) Complete"

Anyone else get it? Dont really know what changed. Was this just a network initiated profile update?

I got it also at 4:59 am CST. It was a profile update my PRL is still 55030 it has not updated yet. I am waiting for the PRL to update it self (if it does).

Anyone else get it?  Dont really know what changed.  Was this just a network initiated profile update?

Ditto here.... hoping for something exciting....

The notification looks like this:

sl216r.png

AJ

It's also happening on the 6P's. My friend got hers last night on and I got mine this morning as well.

EDIT: Just checked my PRL, its on 55050. Not sure if that's what is was on before or if the 5X and 6P use the same.

Edited by HTCandroid

Has anyone confirmed the 5X will be able to use the LTE roaming and LTE Roaming+ coverage? Since it's an unlocked device, I'd expect to be able to use all LTE roaming bands for carriers Sprint has agreements with (assuming device support.. I haven't spent much time reviewing the non-Sprint bands supported)

Edited by Grabber5.0

Has anyone confirmed the 5X will be able to use the LTE roaming and LTE Roaming+ coverage? Since it's an unlocked device, I'd expect to be able to use all LTE roaming bands for carriers Sprint has agreements with (assuming device support.. I haven't spent much time reviewing the non-Sprint bands supported)

No confirmation yet.  Others using Sprint branded devices have reported LTE Roaming+, but no one has with a Nexus 5X.

AJ

No confirmation yet. Others using Sprint branded devices have reported LTE Roaming+, but no one has with a Nexus 5X.

AJ

Thanks. I may have to take a drive sometime to try to find out. Any negative replies of inability to roam on LTE in a particular location? I don't recall seeing any when I read through this thread.

Thanks. I may have to take a drive sometime to try to find out. Any negative replies of inability to roam on LTE in a particular location? I don't recall seeing any when I read through this thread.

There have been some USCC LTE Roaming reports in Missouri, I was able to get LTE roaming in Kansas.

• Like 2

I seem to recall that there have been some negative reports.  At the very least, I can report that I have driven through USCC roaming in Kansas within the last month with my Nexus 5X and have acquired EV-DO but not LTE.

AJ