HTC A9 (FCC)

transitwatch889

So I preordered my A9 directly from HTC today. Hoping they ship earlier than 11/6! Added Next Day AM service, too. Will let you all know what I think as soon as I get it!

What color are you getting? As I see they added the Deep Garnet and Topaz options as well for the Sprint variant. I am tempted also due to audio aspects I have the Nexus 6p coming but feel I may need a basic amp or full dac for decent headphone quality.

What color are you getting? As I see they added the Deep Garnet and Topaz options as well for the Sprint variant. I am tempted also due to audio aspects I have the Nexus 6p coming but feel I may need a basic amp or full dac for decent headphone quality.

Carbon Grey. Based on initial reviews, this device seems like it just might be HTC's savior. Having been a dedicated fan since the days of the OG HTC Evo 4G, I am anxious to get my hands on a fresh, new HTC device. My M7 was ok, LOVED my M8, and my M9 was meh. I am probably as excited for the A9 as I was for the iPhone 4S. It looks and sounds as though maybe, just maybe, HTC has finally listened to the feedback from their faithful fans and produced the perfect smartphone. :D We shall see!

http://sprint.m.delivery.net/w/webView?cid=17817688276&mid=1788229483&pid=2140868&vid=1053&ee=ZGF2aWQuYS53cmlnaHRAZ21haWwuY29t&si=&mv=H&bv=H&oc=H&sc=&k=1gbZTh

With the arrival of the HTC One® A9, there really is no better time to upgrade your phone. Pre-order the new HTC One® A9 for $20/month with Sprint Lease, and get two payments on us.

What’s new on the HTC One® A9:

• 13MP camera with optical image stabilization that captures sharper, brighter pictures
  • Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system puts simplicity and control back in your hands
  • 24-bit Hi-Definition sound for the ultimate listening experience
$20/mo. for 24 months for well-qualified customer with new-line activation or eligible upgrade. Discount applied after a monthly service credit of $20/mo. for two months. Service credit applies within 3 invoices.

http://sprint.m.delivery.net/w/webView?cid=17817688276&mid=1788229483&pid=2140868&vid=1053&ee=ZGF2aWQuYS53cmlnaHRAZ21haWwuY29t&si=&mv=H&bv=H&oc=H&sc=&k=1gbZTh

With the arrival of the HTC One® A9, there really is no better time to upgrade your phone. Pre-order the new HTC One® A9 for $20/month with Sprint Lease, and get two payments on us.

What’s new on the HTC One® A9:

• 13MP camera with optical image stabilization that captures sharper, brighter pictures
  • Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system puts simplicity and control back in your hands
  • 24-bit Hi-Definition sound for the ultimate listening experience
$20/mo. for 24 months for well-qualified customer with new-line activation or eligible upgrade. Discount applied after a monthly service credit of $20/mo. for two months. Service credit applies within 3 invoices.

Sadly, Sprint's Lease price is still $80 more than the price to buy the phone from HTC out right!

• Like 1

Sadly, Sprint's Lease price is still $80 more than the price to buy the phone from HTC out right!

With the service credit of $20/mo for two months, that would make the total lease cost $40 more than the price to buy the phone from HTC outright.  And a purchase from HTC likely incurs sales tax, making the cost/price difference basically a wash.

AJ

With the service credit of $20/mo for two months, that would make the total lease cost $40 more than the price to buy the phone from HTC outright. And a purchase from HTC likely incurs sales tax, making the cost/price difference basically a wash.

AJ

You still pay the sales tax on the lease. It is added into the monthly payment. They take the tax and divide it by 24 months and add it to the lease payments.

For example, the $20 iPhone lease is actually $21.60 (in Indiana) per month.

Sent from my Sprint LG G4

• Like 1

With the service credit of $20/mo for two months, that would make the total lease cost $40 more than the price to buy the phone from HTC outright.  And a purchase from HTC likely incurs sales tax, making the cost/price difference basically a wash.

AJ

Fair point on that service credit. I can't believe Sprint is charging $29/month for Easy Pay....well, not Sprint. Driven by HTC, I am sure. That's why I am surprised to hear the M line will also continue - at $29/month, this is priced above or on par with M series!

• Like 1

Anyone know if the Sprint variant will come unlocked if purchased from HTC at full price?

I think it will (at which point it can be used on T-Mobile, too), however I haven't yet received direct confirmation of this. FWIW, I was told by someone that all purchases directly from HTC.com are unlocked.

I think it will (at which point it can be used on T-Mobile, too), however I haven't yet received direct confirmation of this. FWIW, I was told by someone that all purchases directly from HTC.com are unlocked.

So does this sku qualify for the direct updates then. Compared to the one Sprint is selling! That would be intriguing in upon itself!

I hope so. Should work pretty well on AT&T too if so (I believe at this point AT&T is supposed to have MFBI deployed throughout their network).

Edited by GoWireless

So does this sku qualify for the direct updates then. Compared to the one Sprint is selling! That would be intriguing in upon itself!

Wish I could answer with certainty, but I am afraid I do not know for sure. I do hope so. Have to be honest, I am getting cold feet on this one and thinking of cancelling my preorder....HTC hasn't been as forthcoming with information on this one as I'd like for them to be. Might just wait until it's in the store and I can go hands on.

I tried to ask HTC if the phone comes unlocked and as hard as I tried to explain to them what I was asking they weren't really getting it but from what I can tell it appears that the phone does indeed ship locked from them. Will want to get confirmation when folks get the actual units from HTC. Given that the device is good for T-Mobile and AT&T (read: higher resale value), personally I wouldn't buy it if it was locked since it's basically impossible to get Sprint to unlock a device even if purchased at full price while one (like myself) is still under contract for another device (which is a shame I think).

I didn't see a write up on the wall for this phone yet. Realizing it hasn't been released, are there any early indications of the radio performance on the sprint network? 

For those wondering about the A9 being unlocked when ordered from HTC, I just received this. And yes I ordered the Sprint version.

745086d9163e0d69eaf8c6f4f218fbc4.jpg

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

• Like 1

For those wondering about the A9 being unlocked when ordered from HTC, I just received this. And yes I ordered the Sprint version. 745086d9163e0d69eaf8c6f4f218fbc4.jpg

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Sucks that shipping is delayed, but nice that it's unlocked. Post impressions when you get the phone. I was between the Nexus 5x and A9 and ultimately went with the Nexus because the battery size of the A9 was a concern. I do like the size, build quality, and uh oh protection that the A9 offers.

Sucks that shipping is delayed, but nice that it's unlocked. Post impressions when you get the phone. I was between the Nexus 5x and A9 and ultimately went with the Nexus because the battery size of the A9 was a concern. I do like the size, build quality, and uh oh protection that the A9 offers.

I wouldn't hold it past HTC to use a generic confirmation page and for the phone to actually still be delivered locked. I would be interested to recieve confirmation of the unlocked status by someone who's been delivered the Sprint variant by HTC just in case.

BTW, I saw the phone at a store yesterday. Seems pretty nice in the hand. A bit bothered by the tiny battery though.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered a Carbon Gray version over a month ago and its still delayed from HTC. No word on a shipping date.

I ordered mine on 11/4 and got the shipped email this past Saturday. Didn't leave the warehouse until Sunday and scheduled to arrive on Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk