LG V10

smooth25

Eh, look at the source:  Sprint Community.  I would take that report with a heavy grain of salt.  Sprint Community is not a reliable source of information.

What S4GRU can say is that no Sprint compatible LG handset has passed through the FCC OET in the past two months.  Unless or until that happens, an LG V10 variant is not coming to Sprint.

AJ

• Like 2

Eh, look at the source:  Sprint Community.  I would take that report with a heavy grain of salt.  Sprint Community is not a reliable source of information.

What S4GRU can say is that no Sprint compatible LG handset has passed through the FCC OET in the past two months.  Unless or until that happens, an LG V10 variant is not coming to Sprint.

AJ

My damn son. He's been watching this for some time. Sent me the link and was beside himself. I never read the tread and never noticed how "old" it was.

Anyhoo, nevermind.

I'm beginning to really dislike smartphones, as I keep getting defective ones I have to return. Last night, the LG V10 arrived, and the sim card would not fit in the slot in the back of the device in the battery compartment area behind the backplate where the sim card is suppose to slide in. My mother and I tried for over a hour to get the sim card in behind the backplate on the sim card slot, but there just was no room for it at all. The only slot available for the Micro SD card on the top part of the backplate, but no room behind it for anything.

So now likely another week until we can get a new device, unless T-Mobile sends one overnight for Saturday delivery. Sadly, T-Mobile does not use FedEx, only UPS, which likely means waiting until after 8pm for it and I miss out on going to the wellness center then if they do this. I'm very disappointed. 

I'm beginning to really dislike smartphones, as I keep getting defective ones I have to return. Last night, the LG V10 arrived, and the sim card would not fit in the slot in the back of the device in the battery compartment area behind the backplate where the sim card is suppose to slide in. My mother and I tried for over a hour to get the sim card in behind the backplate on the sim card slot, but there just was no room for it at all. The only slot available for the Micro SD card on the top part of the backplate, but no room behind it for anything.

So now likely another week until we can get a new device, unless T-Mobile sends one overnight for Saturday delivery. Sadly, T-Mobile does not use FedEx, only UPS, which likely means waiting until after 8pm for it and I miss out on going to the wellness center then if they do this. I'm very disappointed. 

LG needs to tighten up their quality control..

• Like 1

I had the same problem. Turns out you have to snap it out of the plastic plate twice. I was so mad cuz I thought got the wrong sim but I called customer service and he said that he's done the same thing. Look at it again and see if there is another spot to push the sim out of the card. There should be a small border around the actuall sim that comes off. You don't want to have any plastic surrounding The yellowish metal part of the sim.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'll try taking another look at it if I'm still awake when my mother gets up in a few hours from now.

I really like the overall look of the device, and I think of it as the closest matching device to the Sony Xperia Z5 sold at T-Mobile, other than the waterproofing. I watched a few support videos on YouTube about it. In one of the videos, a guy was putting the sim card in while concealing the space behind the backplate with his finger, but made inserting the sim card look very easy. The other video, a guy was a bit more honest, showing him removing, then reinserting the sim card without concealing the same space behind the backplate, which while I could tell a noticeable amount of difference between the space on his device ad the one my mother received, he did have to push a bit to get the sim card in initially, to which he acknowledged it could be a bit of work to do.

I definitely can tell that in order to have any chance at getting the sim card back there, the plate will have to be removed first. There is no space back behind it at all. Just the Micro SD card slot is available. So, if we can't get the plate off, or if I end up missing out on talking with my mother this morning, I'll have to find out later what she has done regarding it today. Neither of us expected this, and I've learned now the importance of watching unboxing videos on YouTube prior to getting a device can be quite valuable. It is a shame this defect exists on certain units though, and I was more worried about making sure the onscreen keyboard was responsive,than thinking about the possibility of there being an issue with the sim card slot, as the only main complaint I had heard about the V10 was regarding the onscreen keyboard's responsiveness. Now thinking of these two issues, it does seem LG has some work to do with their quality control. On a premium device such as this, it isn't acceptable.

Ah well, I'll report back here later...

Guys, I am sorry to say it, but you are being dumb about this.  This is neither LG's nor T-Mobile's fault.  If you have a TrioSIM, you need to snap it out all the way to the 4FF nano SIM size.  If it will not fit because you have snapped it out to the 3FF micro SIM size, that is on you.

b4urkn.png

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-24131

AJ

• Like 2

Guys, I am sorry to say it, but you are being dumb about this. This is neither LG's nor T-Mobile's fault. If you have a TrioSIM, you need to snap it out all the way to the 4FF nano SIM size. If it will not fit because you have snapped it out to the 3FF micro SIM size, that is on you.

b4urkn.png

AJ

Thays what I was trying to say I just sucked at explaining it. That graphic is a very nice representation of the two ways it snaps out. I have to imagine the average consumer could easily be confused about y it wouldn't fit. If only tmobile would include that graphic in the box

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Thays what I was trying to say I just sucked at explaining it. That graphic is a very nice representation of the two ways it snaps out. I have to imagine the average consumer could easily be confused about y it wouldn't fit. If only tmobile would include that graphic in the box

Actually, it snaps out three different ways -- that is why T-Mobile calls it the TrioSIM.  The largest is the 2FF mini SIM, which basically no current nor recent devices use.  The middle is the 3FF micro SIM, which many current or recent devices use.  And the smallest is the 4FF nano SIM, which many recent or future devices use.

AJ

Guys, I am sorry to say it, but you are being dumb about this.  This is neither LG's nor T-Mobile's fault.  If you have a TrioSIM, you need to snap it out all the way to the 4FF nano SIM size.  If it will not fit because you have snapped it out to the 3FF micro SIM size, that is on you.

b4urkn.png

AJ

AJ, we snapped the sim card out to its smallest size, based on the innermost line. The problem isn't with the sim card itself, which is why I'm not blaming T-Mobile for it, but rather the backplate of the sim card slot itself not providing enough space in depth behind it, not from one side to the next, but in front to back, almost as if the sim card could be "too thick", if it wasn't so evident that the backplate of the sim card slot wasn't so overly "pushed back" in appearence.

My mother is trying to resolve the issue with T-Mobile, according to when I spoke with her a bit ago, before she left to go back to her sister's to call back T-Mobile. Something just doesn't seem right about this, but its her decision. I do like the V10 though, just wish the sim card slot wasn't defective. I'd much prefer if the issue were with the sim card, or if we hadn't taken it out of the casing properly, but again, its definitely the device.  

Well, some good news, I think.

My mother took the device in to the T-Mobile store nearby and they helped her through the process of getting the backplate lifted up enough to get the sim card in. I think she may have got a different sim card too that was able to get back there, though apparently it still was challenging.

Anyways, everything else with the device seemed fine so far. No light bleeding or off colors I've read about online happening on some units, though I still haven't tested the keyboard responsiveness yet, as the battery hadn't charged yet when I was inspecting the display. As long as that turns out fine though, It'll be a great device to have on the really amazing plan my mother got on with them being a multi-year loyal customer.