IT'S THE WiMAX COUNTDOWN!!!

S4GRU

It only affects it in a few select cities. Mainly New York City. That's about it. Nearly everywhere else, Sprint already has 2 B41 carriers online w/CA, not only on Sprint sites but on capable Clear sites as well.

Dayton Ohio it affects also

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

No they do not. Cincinnati does, but not Dayton and surrounding areas.

Dayton is an Expedience market. Not WiMax. Has the expedience network not been shut down?

I see there is at least one site within the Expedience area that has 2 carriers, so I am not sure that the Clear network is what is impeding the 2nd carrier deployment.

Dayton is an Expedience market. Not WiMax. Has the expedience network not been shut down?

That's what I thought also. But as of yesterday at 6pm still only 1 carrier

That's what I thought also. But as of yesterday at 6pm still only 1 carrier

I see there is at least one site within the Expedience area that has 2 carriers, so I am not sure that the Clear network is what is impeding the 2nd carrier deployment.

Location?

Miamisburg. See the Cincinnati premier map for the exact site.

I can guarantee that site doesn't have CA. I connect to said site on a daily basis, that is error in info

I can guarantee that site doesn't have CA. I connect to said site on a daily basis, that is error in info

Or it was live for a brief time before it was shut down?

Someone should try to confirm that the expedience netowrk is still on. I assume it will be shut down on the 2nd, since I do not see Dayton on the list of cities posted earlier.

Sent from my LG G4

Any idea when the shutdown is for cities not on the list? Such as San Francisco, Oakland, and Sacramento?

Sent from my Nexus 6P

That's odd. The other California cities are on the second date, so that would be my guess. Just a guess though.

Sent from my LG G4

The ommission of San Francisco and the Bay Area at large is noteworthy and makes us wonder what the dealy-o is.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 1

Near my home I get b41 but it's a clear tower so with the shutdown will my speeds increase?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ommission of San Francisco and the Bay Area at large is noteworthy and makes us wonder what the dealy-o is.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

Yeah, it's an odd omission. Perhaps we'll see if/when Sprint updates its coverage map for WiMAX as cities are shut down.

Near my home I get b41 but it's a clear tower so with the shutdown will my speeds increase?

I'd like to think so, at least a bit. My clear site is 4 blocks from my house. I guess I'll find out sometime after tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Is it currently broadcasting both carriers? If it is, then probably not.

Yea I used my brothers galaxy S6 with signal check and it showed up as clear b41.

But did you verify seeing both carriers? Use the engineering screens to confirm different EARFCN.

I'll have to look again I his phone. I did a quick look