IT'S THE WiMAX COUNTDOWN!!!

S4GRU

S4GRU members, want to see your name up in lights? Here is your chance...The WiMax countdown clock is up on the front page of The Forums. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/index 

As a fundraiser for S4GRU, you can claim "naming rights" to the WiMax countdown clock for a day for a $20 donation.  Now, who will step up to the plate and meet my challenge to keep the sponsorship going? Celebrate the shutdown of WiMax! Show your support for multiple B41 carriers and carrier aggregation. And, of course, see your name get recognized by tens of thousands of others around the country.  

Just make a $20 PayPal donation, put "WiMax Countdown" in the message, and the clock is yours for a day (or more).   You can sponsor as many days as you like.  This is open to anyone, including S4GRU Staff.  Only banned members cannot participate.  Donations will counted toward your membership cumulative totals, including upgrades to Sponsor, Premier Sponsor and Honored Premier status. Donations will go to the next open day available to be Sponsored. We will not allow specific days to be selected.

We are auctioning off the final day.  The highest bidder will get the Sponsor privileges of the final day. See post below for more info.  

Help support S4GRU and be a part of history as WiMax fades off into the sunset. Click here to donate and Sponsor the WiMax Clock

• Like 9

OK!  TIME FOR THE AUCTION!!!

E-Bay Auction Link:  http://www.ebay.com/...-/301786208301?

Place a bid now for the naming rights for November 5th, the final day of the countdown.  The winner of the auction will be named as the Sponsor of the WiMax clock on the final day.  Bid early and bid often.  Bidding starts at $20.

Just imagine, when all of S4GRUdom will envy you as you are honored as the member who wants to see WiMax's death and demise most of all.  And support S4GRU in the process.  Show your support for Sprint's network advancement and S4GRU at the same time.  Increase the bid today!

Thanks for supporting S4GRU.

Robert

EDIT:  Oh, yeah.  You can also get my old Motorola Photon, if you want it.  But it was just added so E-Bay doesn't flip out about an auction over the countdown clock.  Like they did when we did this back in 2013 with the expiration of iDEN.

• Like 3

WiMax Clock Sponsors:

• 9/30/2015 - WiWavelength
  • 10/1/2015 - dkoellerwx
  • 10/2/2015 - dkoellerwx
  • 10/3/2015 - jasonsteele
  • 10/4/2015 - None
  • 10/5/2015 - Arysyn
  • 10/6/2015 - None
  • 10/7/2015 - Loverblue
  • 10/8/2015 - None
  • 10/9/2015 - Moosespace91
  • 10/10/2015 - None
  • 10/11/2015 - grapkoski
  • 10/12/2015 - grapkoski
  • 10/13/2015 - Steve Dean
  • 10/14/2015 - Steve Dean
  • 10/15/2015 - dnwk
  • 10/16/2015 - Smashed Ixnay
  • 10/17/2015 - BenChase7
  • 10/18/2015 - None
  • 10/19/2015 - centermedic
  • 10/20/2015 - tongboy
  • 10/21/2015 - dkoellerwx
  • 10/22/2015 - Tengen31
  • 10/23/2015 - Tengen31
  • 10/24/2015 - Tengen31
  • 10/25/2015 - transitwatch889
  • 10/26/2015 - savageman13
  • 10/27/2015 - savageman13
  • 10/28/2015 - savageman13
  • 10/29/2015 - savageman13
  • 10/30/2015 - savageman13
  • 10/31/2015 - dkoellerwx
  • 11/1/2015 - dkoellerwx
  • 11/2/2015 - kiultra
  • 11/3/2015 - None
  • 11/4/2015 - None
  • 11/5/2015 - Mr.Nuke, the auction winner
  • Like 1

In the name of Banlandia, I stake claim to Day One of The Final Countdown...

18491-004-E4B0E720.jpg

AJ

• Like 5

I'm also looking for a clever phrase to put under the clock.  I selected CLEARly, it's over as a place holder.  I would like to put up something funny and fitting for the end of the CLEAR WiMax network.  For the send off of iDEN, it said "chirp" "chip".  Done.

Enter your ideas in this thread.

• Like 3

No placeholder.  "CLEARly, it's over" is already top notch.  And I am a tough one to impress.

AJ

• Like 7

No placeholder.  "CLEARly, it's over" is already top notch.  And I am a tough one to impress.

AJ

I kind of also like The End is CLEAR or CLEAR to The End.

Whoa, David is double fisting it on The Final Countdown.  That guy is an S4GRUaholic.  And I should know because I went to the Free State Brewing Company with him about a week ago.

;)

AJ

• Like 5

How about this? (I hope it meets AJ's approval)

*singing* "I can see CLEARly now, WiMax is gone!"

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

WiMAX, you're gone!!!

screen-shot-2015-05-17-at-8-09-31-am.png

AJ

• Like 10

I remember that SNL skit, it was funny as hell.  

Funny, yes.  I have watched that sketch at least half a dozen times.  But it probably only helped to reinforce certain public perceptions about Sprint.  Still, some say that there is no such thing as bad publicity.

AJ

• Like 1

My birthday is on October 5th, and I believe in giving on birthdays, rather than on business-ified holidays, even business-ified historical holidays, such as Thanksgiving. So if you would like to reserve my day then, I'll make sure to donate, as I doubt my mother would mind letting me do so.

• Like 1

Thank you, Robert, for the reservation on the 5th. I'll talk with my mother today and get the donation sent in by the 5th!

Anyways, this is a really neat idea, as it gives a member of S4GRU, the premier wireless network information and community website supporting Sprint, an opportunity to receive a special designation on S4GRU's commemoration of an important point in Sprint's history.

The WiMax shutdown is going to be a major help to Sprint's available network resources. Not only is WiMax coming to an end on Sprint, but hopefully soon after the resources are put to use and accelerating the network quality experience improvements, the negativities surrounding Sprint's history with WiMax will also cease.

Although, as S4GRU members, we ought not to look upon the end of WiMax with regret, instead know that the experience of it has helped Sprint learn and grow as a company, bringing both Network Vision and LTE, along with giving a great inspiration for what we all benefit from, the advent of S4GRU!

• Like 1

To add to the already great suggestions:

Bye WiMAX.  See you LaTEr.

WiMAX  ByeMAX.

WiMAXed out.

Bye, Felicia.

AJ

• Like 1

Ah, the WiMax days are over.. Sad to see clear Go :(

How did Clear/Clearwire fall anyway? I remember back in the days Clear/Clearwire in Hawaii was the bomb everyone was talking about it.

A lot of issues.  Clearwire committed WAYYYY too much effort and costs (sales reps, customer service, Wimax equipment for home users, etc) on trying to acquire retail customers which failed miserably instead of focusing all funding to building out the Wimax network nationwide into more markets.  Also Clearwire's choice of markets to build the Wimax network was very questionable too especially when it skipped plenty of top 50 markets (Phoenix, Tucson, San Diego, Long Island (NY), New Orleans, Detroit, Milwaukee, Indianapolis, Oklahoma City, Albuquerque, southern part of Orange County in So Cal was half built, etc) and instead blown their budget on smaller markets with low ROI.

No offense to smaller markets but when you are company trying to wholesale to your major customer Sprint and they rely on your company to provide 4G service to the top markets, Sprint is not happy when you run out of funding due to retail failures and focusing on the wrong markets.  There was always a power struggle in terms of growth strategy between the 2 companies even though Sprint owned about half (49%) of the company.  Bottom line is good riddance to Clearwire, the senior management was cancer to Sprint and was constantly asking Sprint for more funding to keep them afloat.

• Like 1

Umm, I have alot to interject but will keep it brief. Number 1, Clears top mgmt was mainly guys from nextel & sprint. 2. They where trying to build a business that would provide not only sprint for 4g but also other providers that wanted to get into the game. Cable companies and even other cellular companies. That didn't pan out. 3. Sprint didn't have capital to built it out themselves. If it wasn't for Hesse & company sprint would probably be bits and pieces of other providers right now. It was in that bad of a condition.. A spinoff was needed, only way to get outside money and build a network. Now, I do think we could have had better integration between both companies panties network build. But that's a different matter all on its own.

Where not out of the woodwork but at least where following the yellow brick road. Dorty wait up I'm coming for you. :) it's late and I'm being delirious...

• Like 3