Sprint Roaming+ - Coverage Map Update

clbowens

Personally I think every new tower from now on should get 25/26/41 from the beginning. This should be easy in alcuent and samsung markets, Ericsson markets being more difficult because Nokia took over.

Brand new sites are getting all bands from the start. Not talking conversions that still need to take place, but brand new sites.

Sent from my LG G4

Brand new sites are getting all bands from the start. Not talking conversions that still need to take place, but brand new sites.

Sent from my LG G4

We just got 2 brand new sites in my city and they only have band 25/26. It is a Ericsson market in Florida but there is no band 41 on either.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

It's one of the best ways to report an issue. There are absolutely people monitoring it. And it definitely gets results.

Sent from my LG G4

I've been reporting two particular issues for over a year now and nothing...maybe it's just my bad luck

Brand new not conversions? When?

Sent from my LG G4

A church site that is brand new no conversion on baseline rd ocala fl. And another new site in marion oaks fl. Both of these sites have been broadcasting 3g/b25/26 for less than a month.

Shows a lot more spark in my area where it doesn't exist for me.

Sent from my M8

I've noticed it is hard to really tell.  The coverage for my area is fairly accurate considering B41 isn't on every tower yet.  What I have noticed is because not every tower has it yet, I will connect to B26/25 because it might be -70 to -80dBm.  I might get a B41 single in the -110 ~ -115dBm range at that same spot but I won't stay on it long.   

Plus then the phone makes a big difference I guess.  My wife's S6 will hold onto a B41 signal much better and much longer.  She gets B41 where I won't on my Nexus 5.  Before I'd figure the map is wrong because my N5 doesn't get B41 there, but then I go through there with my wifes phone and B41.  So then I go "yep, coverage map was right..."

I've noticed it is hard to really tell.  The coverage for my area is fairly accurate considering B41 isn't on every tower yet.  What I have noticed is because not every tower has it yet, I will connect to B26/25 because it might be -70 to -80dBm.  I might get a B41 single in the -110 ~ -115dBm range at that same spot but I won't stay on it long.   

Plus then the phone makes a big difference I guess.  My wife's S6 will hold onto a B41 signal much better and much longer.  She gets B41 where I won't on my Nexus 5.  Before I'd figure the map is wrong because my N5 doesn't get B41 there, but then I go through there with my wifes phone and B41.  So then I go "yep, coverage map was right..."

I've tested many different phones in those areas, all drop to 3G to areas that show full LTE, and occasionally I'll be at the edge of B26 coverage when I'm in an area with Spark.  All I know is that the maps are heavily optimistic, at all carriers.  I'm curious about what metrics they use to produce these carrier maps.

I've noticed it is hard to really tell. The coverage for my area is fairly accurate considering B41 isn't on every tower yet. What I have noticed is because not every tower has it yet, I will connect to B26/25 because it might be -70 to -80dBm. I might get a B41 single in the -110 ~ -115dBm range at that same spot but I won't stay on it long.

Plus then the phone makes a big difference I guess. My wife's S6 will hold onto a B41 signal much better and much longer. She gets B41 where I won't on my Nexus 5. Before I'd figure the map is wrong because my N5 doesn't get B41 there, but then I go through there with my wifes phone and B41. So then I go "yep, coverage map was right..."

Sprint has tweaked there devices to hold on to band 41 much longer. Since Sprint does not have much control over the nexus 5 and 6 there band 41 performance is not as good. No CA just makes matters worse.

Sprint has tweaked there devices to hold on to band 41 much longer. Since Sprint does not have much control over the nexus 5 and 6 there band 41 performance is not as good. No CA just makes matters worse.

My N5 will hold onto B41 just fine up to about -120dBm if it has a B41 signal.  Just that if it is on B26/25, it won't jump off a decent signal onto a weaker B41 signal.

My N5 will hold onto B41 just fine up to about -120dBm if it has a B41 signal. Just that if it is on B26/25, it won't jump off a decent signal onto a weaker B41 signal.

I have the nexus 5 and the note 5 and trust me the nexus 5 has inferior rf performance in comparison. On band 25 keeps up with the note 5.

I have the nexus 5 and the note 5 and trust me the nexus 5 has inferior rf performance in comparison. On band 25 keeps up with the note 5.

Oh I know it does.  I have the S6 and N5.  The big thing is the N5 won't get on it all the time.  I drive the same road every day and some days it connects and holds onto it forever, while other days I might get right up on a tower, even pass it before it switches over to 41.  Then there are some areas I go through that have B41 that the N5 just won't connet at all some days and other days it will. 

It gets the signle, and when it has it is good.  It'll hold onto it forever.  Just that it doesn't proactiavely hunt for and connect too it.

• Like 2

Oh I know it does. I have the S6 and N5. The big thing is the N5 won't get on it all the time. I drive the same road every day and some days it connects and holds onto it forever, while other days I might get right up on a tower, even pass it before it switches over to 41. Then there are some areas I go through that have B41 that the N5 just won't connet at all some days and other days it will.

It gets the signle, and when it has it is good. It'll hold onto it forever. Just that it doesn't proactiavely hunt for and connect too it.

Truth.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like some of the off-network roaming evdo coverage in Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas has been upgraded to Roaming+

Yes, this happened 2 months ago when Sprint introduced Roaming+

Coverage from NexTech and Pioneer changed from using your roaming data to "unlimited" this summer. 

• 4 weeks later...

f2c1e354ff18c8639d3cd13df15c0394.jpg

I guess Roaming+ doesn't = at least 3G. Ew. On cellcom in NE WI. I know signal was -93 but it was that slow the whole day.

I have noticed in the past that it seems like cellcom has capacity issues on busy travel weekend where many people from Milwaukee, Green Bay and the Fox Valley all head into the northwoods. I would be willing to bet if you are still in the area on Monday, your experience would be much better than what is shown in your post.