Beware: AT&T's iPhone 6s Limits Your Carrier Choices | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

prodeq12

At least it isn't Sprint being the "odd one out" this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Sprint version supported all the other carriers too though. So technically they did have the best model.

• Like 3

The Sprint version supported all the other carriers too though. So technically they did have the best model.

Totally, but when you bought the phone from any other carrier they all received the other model. For one band, I'm honestly surprised they didn't make both models have that band.

No one should buy the AT&T model.  Even AT&T customers.  Band 30 on AT&T is not really being deployed, yet.  It will be a limited roll out for the forseeable future.  Most AT&T customers will see no difference in performance using the other model.  And resale will likely be better on the non AT&T model.  Screw AT&T.

As for why there is a different model, I think I remember reading there is some filtering that needs to be done with B30 that may have some performance factors on the other bands.  And the other carriers should not be penalized for AT&T.  Had this been Sprint, they would not have made a one off device for them.   :td:

• Like 11

Well that's disappointing. I was hoping this year would finally be the year that Apple would just have ONE model. AT&T can take it's exclusive 6S and shove it where the sun don't shine. Another reason for me personally not to upgrade from my A1586 and wait for the 7 instead.

Also at the rate they upgrade their network I probably won't see Band 30 in my corner of Suburbia until the iPhone 7S anyway. (hopefully by then I'll be a proud Sprint customer) 

I wonder if AT&T will at least support VoLTE on the A1687/88 models. I've had this problem with my A1586 and I've put in 5 tickets since April and they won't do a damn thing about it and keep giving me complete BS reasons about why they can't make it work. If I pop a T-Mobile SIM card in VoLTE starts working right away... 

No one should buy the AT&T model.  Even AT&T customers.  Band 30 on AT&T is not really being deployed, yet.  It will be a limited roll out for the forseeable future.  Most AT&T customers will see no difference in performance using the other model.  And resale will likely be better on the non AT&T model.  Screw AT&T.

As for why there is a different model, I think I remember reading there is some filtering that needs to be done with B30 that may have some performance factors on the other bands.  And the other carriers should not be penalized for AT&T.  Had this been Sprint, they would not have made a one off device for them.   :td:

Ive been wondering about band 30. At&t has been saying the roll out would happen this summer 2015. lol att

No one should buy the AT&T model. Even AT&T customers. Band 30 on AT&T is not really being deployed, yet. It will be a limited roll out for the forseeable future. Most AT&T customers will see no difference in performance using the other model. And resale will likely be better on the non AT&T model. Screw AT&T.

As for why there is a different model, I think I remember reading there is some filtering that needs to be done with B30 that may have some performance factors on the other bands. And the other carriers should not be penalized for AT&T. Had this been Sprint, they would not have made a one off device for them. :td:

My company is ordering me an AT&T iPhone 6S Plus to replace my Galaxy S6. I tried to switch to VZW, but with no luck.

My company is ordering me an AT&T iPhone 6S Plus to replace my Galaxy S6. I tried to switch to VZW, but with no luck.

Yeah, with a work phone you get what you get.  My work iPhone is the 5s.  So I would happily take a 6s Plus, even if it is the AT&T model.  ;)