New Quanta Microsystems (HP) Slate 8" Tablet incoming [FCC ID: T5UAQT80]

lilotimz

Just came through the FCC today naked and without restrictions.

This device is an 8" tablet for Sprint made by Quanta Microsystems which is a major OEM for numerous companies. 

Specifications:

8" HD IPS Display (800x1280)

Android 5.1 Lollipop

1GB LPDDR3 Memory

16GB Storage

5mp rear camera

2mp front facing camera

4500 mAh battery

Micro SD Card

Nano Sim

LTE Bands: 2-4-5-12-25-26-41

WiFi 802b/g/n

BT 4.1 + LE

pbDfd4c.png

0wQRNLr.png

Coming Soon™

• Like 3

No processor specs?  

Also just looking at the ram, display, and camera this must be a budget model tablet?  is that true?

Based on the bare bones specs, I smell "free tablet" with activation of a qualifying plan.

AJ

• Like 2

Based on the bare bones specs, I smell "free tablet" with activation of a qualifying plan.

AJ

Probably

No processor specs?

Also just looking at the ram, display, and camera this must be a budget model tablet? is that true?

Most likely a snapdragon 800/801

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

Probably

Sent from my Nexus 5

Probably

Sent from my Nexus 5

Well shoot and I was hoping that they would go all out and give us an 810 processor!  lol.  

I would bet that it is not a Qualcomm SoC.  No mention of CDMA2000, right?

Look for a second rate processor and 3GPP baseband -- either in combo or separate.

AJ

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Any new news about this tablet?  Back on September 10th, the local corporate Sprint store had just received their demo/display unit and was expecting the tablet to launch within a few days.  As of last night, the Sprint website still did not have it listed.

I'm thinking about picking one of these up for a family member, as long as the price is right.

• Like 1

The Sprint.com website now lists the Slate 8 Tablet for $10/mo on Easy Pay or $49.99 for a 2-Year agreement.

It also says "ALREADY A CUSTOMER? SIGN IN TO GET THE Slate 8" TABLET FOR FREE! Upgrades excluded. Req. new 2-yr. agmt./activation."  Free would be great, so long as they allow me to add it to my Family Share plan.

Also, the website does not list it as a Spark device, only LTE.  It could be that they just don't have all of the correct specs up there just yet.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The Sprint.com website now lists the Slate 8 Tablet for $10/mo on Easy Pay or $49.99 for a 2-Year agreement.

It also says "ALREADY A CUSTOMER? SIGN IN TO GET THE Slate 8" TABLET FOR FREE! Upgrades excluded. Req. new 2-yr. agmt./activation."  Free would be great, so long as they allow me to add it to my Family Share plan.

Also, the website does not list it as a Spark device, only LTE.  It could be that they just don't have all of the correct specs up there just yet.

The FCC docs support all of Sprint's frequencies so I would not assume it lacks the support.  Probably just not an updated specs page.