iPhone 6S/6S Plus User Thread

MacinJosh

HI! 

Moved back to sprint from Verizon and have 2 iphone 6s Plus on my account. 

I'm located in Chicago.

Calls between the 2 phones on account sound terrible. Certainly not what I'm used to on Verizion "HD voice". Sounds like the other person is under water and just hard to understand.

Anyone else? Any suggestions?

HI! 

Moved back to sprint from Verizon and have 2 iphone 6s Plus on my account. 

I'm located in Chicago.

Calls between the 2 phones on account sound terrible. Certainly not what I'm used to on Verizion "HD voice". Sounds like the other person is under water and just hard to understand.

Anyone else? Any suggestions?

Check to see if you have wifi calling on your account -- apparently if you DO, it prohibits the iPhone from using HD calling for some reason.  It can be removed online if you don't have a need for it (and being in Chicago, you likely don't).

Check to see if you have wifi calling on your account -- apparently if you DO, it prohibits the iPhone from using HD calling for some reason.  It can be removed online if you don't have a need for it (and being in Chicago, you likely don't).

Thanks. Wifi calling is on my plan, but no way to remove it from online. I read something about this too. I turned on wifi calling when I first got my phone, but then turned it off. I followed someone else steps to turn on, then on the update address section disable it from there and then to ##update#.

Now I need to call my wife an see if it's better. Is there any indication that HD voice is working other than better audio quality? 

Thanks. Wifi calling is on my plan, but no way to remove it from online. I read something about this too. I turned on wifi calling when I first got my phone, but then turned it off. I followed someone else steps to turn on, then on the update address section disable it from there and then to ##update#.

Now I need to call my wife an see if it's better. Is there any indication that HD voice is working other than better audio quality? 

You may want to chat with Sprint on their website to ask for them to remove it on both phones, then do the ##update#

No - there is no indicator that you are on HD voice.  It usually starts standard then a slight pause then it switches to HD.  Trust me - you'll know if you are on HD or not.  

You certainly can delete it from your account right from your iPhone to restore HD calling: go to settings - phone - wifi calling, then "update emergency address." A webpage will pop up asking you to enter your address. Scroll to the bottom of that page to find "remove wifi calling service" (or something along those lines). After removing, your phone should automatically perform a profile refresh (you'll see your signal disappear and reappear). Dial a ##update# just to be sure. Do this on both phones.

Edit: I jumped the gun, and only read your first sentence. You need to do this on both phones, and you should be good to go. This is how I did it with my 2 lines, and it restored HD calling.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

You certainly can delete it from your account right from your iPhone to restore HD calling: go to settings - phone - wifi calling, then "update emergency address." A webpage will pop up asking you to enter your address. Scroll to the bottom of that page to find "remove wifi calling service" (or something along those lines). After removing, your phone should automatically perform a profit refresh (you'll see your signal disappear and reappear). Dial a ##update# just to be sure. Do this on both phones.

Edit: I jumped the gun, and only read your first sentence. You need to do this on both phones, and you should be good to go. This is how I did it with my 2 lines, and it restored HD calling.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

So, it appears to be working now. I never enabled wifi calling on the second phone but after taking the steps above on my phone HD voice appears to be working when I call the other phone. Wife says I sound better and I could understand her this time so that's a start. I'll do the ##UPDATE# on her phone when we are home just to make sure. 

Pretty crappy that I can't use WIFI calling at home and have HD voice when I'm not on WIFI. This bug needs to be fixed.

• Like 1

Pretty crappy that I can't use WIFI calling at home and have HD voice when I'm not on WIFI. This bug needs to be fixed.

Yeah it's a problem that is rather annoying, and has been present since Sprint released Wi-Fi calling on the iPhone. Not entirely sure why it happens, but it does. I have found the macro network to be more than ample to complete my calls in my not-so-strong Sprint area anyways, so I don't use Wi-Fi calling at all. I almost never drop calls on the macro network, whereas it happened relatively often on Wi-Fi calling.

-Anthony

So my new 6s Plus has arrived.  This is the first time I am coming from having a previous iPhone.  Do you guys usually set it up as a new iPhone or use iCloud and restore?  Any issues with restoring from iCloud?  I like the idea of a fresh start, but the ease of letting it set it up exactly as it was definitely has its perks.

So my new 6s Plus has arrived.  This is the first time I am coming from having a previous iPhone.  Do you guys usually set it up as a new iPhone or use iCloud and restore?  Any issues with restoring from iCloud?  I like the idea of a fresh start, but the ease of letting it set it up exactly as it was definitely has its perks.

Do you use iTunes or do you do everything over iCloud?

If you use iTunes, IMO, it's a better method of restoring the device from a backup, because you don't have to download stuff, it'll just load over USB from the computer.

If you use iCloud, you have the benefit of not having to be tethered to a computer. And if something goes wrong with your computer, you don't have the chance of losing your backup. I have had a few issues with iCloud before with it saying my backup was corrupt, which is why I usually used my PC if I knew I was going to be restoring.

If you start as new, a lot of times it can really speed up the device, especially if you were having problems on your previous device. It also gives you the opportunity to start new, and maybe use your device a little differently than you did before. If you're anything like me, you want your new device to look exactly like your old device did. I also like to have all of my old messages and what not on my device.

-Anthony

• Like 1

So my new 6s Plus has arrived. This is the first time I am coming from having a previous iPhone. Do you guys usually set it up as a new iPhone or use iCloud and restore? Any issues with restoring from iCloud? I like the idea of a fresh start, but the ease of letting it set it up exactly as it was definitely has its perks.

I do a fresh build every iOS, so I had my fresh one ready for the new phone. But, as long as your backup matches os versions you're fine. I ran a backup on my 6/9.01, powered up the 6s, skipped through all the setup crap, setup as new phone just to get to the home screen, then did an update to 9.0.1. Finished that, factory reset to get back to setup, then I restored the backup.

Edit: I have zero problems with the restore, and zero lag.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

I want you guys to let me know if I am being crazy. I noticed a little darker spot on my new Plus. Think I should take it to an Apple Store for an exchange? I only noticed it because it is right where a new message appears in the Messaging app.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443472894.652705.jpg

Edit:  Think it is even worth the hassle?  What would you guys do?  Do you even see it?  haha

Edit #2:  Certainly something I can deal with for now.  They probably wouldn't have any of my exact model in for an exchange anyway.  I'll probably wait a couple weeks and deal with it whenever I am around the mall for something else.

The darker pixels around "bold text?" Or somewhere else.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

Ha no. I am probably being ocd with the new phone. About an inch up from the bottom on the left side. Slightly darker. The picture wasn't the best.

It is more noticeable with the brightness turned down. If it doesn't bother me at night then I will probably let it be.

Ha no. I am probably being ocd with the new phone. About an inch up from the bottom on the left side. Slightly darker. The picture wasn't the best.

It is more noticeable with the brightness turned down. If it doesn't bother me at night then I will probably let it be.

I actually see it.

Take it to the Apple Store.

Yeah, now I see it, too. Apple has the best warranty service in the business, and there's no such thing as being picky about a dark spot on your $900 phone. Go have it swapped out. I'd make the appointment online, as they're probably slammed this time of year.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

• Like 2

Yeah. Thanks guys. I went ahead and set up an appointment for Saturday evening (the earliest one they had!).

I will probably get added to a wait list until a replacement comes in, but it will be nice knowing that it is on the way. This is my first ever issue with an Apple device. I heard they are pretty open to admitting defects, no matter how small, but it is good to hear some reassurance from you two.

Yeah. Thanks guys. I went ahead and set up an appointment for Saturday evening (the earliest one they had!).

I will probably get added to a wait list until a replacement comes in, but it will be nice knowing that it is on the way. This is my first ever issue with an Apple device. I heard they are pretty open to admitting defects, no matter how small, but it is good to hear some reassurance from you two.

I don't think there's a wait list. I was told once by a genius that Apple stores get a separate stock for replacements.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

• Like 1

I don't think there's a wait list. I was told once by a genius that Apple stores get a separate stock for replacements.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

I can confirm. It won't be a reconditioned device, either -- they'll just have it in a plain white box for swapping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sent from my iPhone 6s

I can confirm. It won't be a reconditioned device, either -- they'll just have it in a plain white box for swapping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfect.  Hopefully I get to walk out with a new 64GB S Plus on Saturday!   :tu:

On a lighter side.  Very impressed with this phone so far.  Speedy, good RF so far, and wow that battery life.  Had about 70% upon first boot, and after playing around with it pretty much nonstop for about 4 hours (including the iCloud restore, downloading and installing all apps, browsing the web, and watching an hour or two of videos, I still have 45%.  The Moto X Pure would've been dead already.  I have to give Apple props...  they can get some pretty amazing battery life from much smaller batteries.  

Also - definitely glad I went with the Plus for the extra screen size.  

Finally - props to Sprint for getting me this phone so fast!  I didn't preorder until late on the 19th and got it the next business day after the launch.  (and UPS could've probably gotten it to me on Friday if they wanted...  they took the Ground route since they had the weekend.  It sat just outside of Milwaukee since Friday)  Went from an anticipated ship date of 10/5-10/9 to being at my door on 9/28.  

• Like 3

That comment made me chuckle. I've only met a handful of people who deserve the title of genius and none of them worked at an Apple Store.

• Like 1