iPhone 6S/6S Plus User Thread

MacinJosh

So that would explain why my phone has been holding onto LTE for dear life lately, even if faster 3G is available. I assume the constant switching wasn't good for the phone's battery life, but I'm not the biggest fan of having to do it manually now.

Adjusted handoff parameters are necessary for any sort of VoLTE implementation, which Sprint aims to deploy in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Formal note of my exit of this thread and joining the X thread.

On Xmas day my 6S died a sudden death while sitting by the Xmas tree and taking photos!

The local repair centre took all of 5 minutes to assess and then sent that assessment to Apple. I got a $445 written quote for a replacement (not much details) which I rejected.

One month out of extended warranty and this happens...thanks Apple.

Upside...the X.

P.S. Happy New Year, everyone!

4 hours ago, Azimuth said:

Formal note of my exit of this thread and joining the X thread.

On Xmas day my 6S died a sudden death while sitting by the Xmas tree and taking photos!

The local repair centre took all of 5 minutes to assess and then sent that assessment to Apple. I got a $445 written quote for a replacement (not much details) which I rejected.

One month out of extended warranty and this happens...thanks Apple.

Upside...the X.

P.S. Happy New Year, everyone!

Hmm, where was the quote from? I know direct from Apple, a dead iPhone 6S replacement out-of-warranty is only $299 + tax. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Azimuth said:

The authorised distributor in South Africa...

They masquerade themselves as iStore but aren’t the real thing.

I would have happily paid $299...

You will enjoy the X.  One thing I would suggest, get a fully enclosed case.  The screen is very easy to scratch.  Just received this case yesterday:

https://www.lifeproof.com/en-us/iphone-x/fre-for-iphone-x/lpfr-apl-iphn17.html

• Like 2

On 1/12/2018 at 10:40 AM, Steve Dean said:

You will enjoy the X.  One thing I would suggest, get a fully enclosed case.  The screen is very easy to scratch. 

Really? My experience hasn't matched this. YMMV, of course, but I work in a dealership quick service (a place I consider to be a likely place for this to happen) and haven't had any issues with mine related to scratches. All I use is the Apple leather case. Had my X since the week after I came out.

-Anthony

18 hours ago, anthony.spina97 said:

Really? My experience hasn't matched this. YMMV, of course, but I work in a dealership quick service (a place I consider to be a likely place for this to happen) and haven't had any issues with mine related to scratches. All I use is the Apple leather case. Had my X since the week after I came out.

-Anthony

I do have a couple of scratches on the screen.  One is more prominent.  The Lifeproof case is very nice though.

You will enjoy the X.  One thing I would suggest, get a fully enclosed case.  The screen is very easy to scratch.  Just received this case yesterday:

https://www.lifeproof.com/en-us/iphone-x/fre-for-iphone-x/lpfr-apl-iphn17.html

I ended up getting a Griffin Survivor Core case and a Body Glove screen protector. With iCare. And household insurance, just in case. :P
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

In a *very* pleasing turn of events, my “old” 6s 64GB was repaired today for $100. It turns out that the power management IC was at fault. Further investigation seems to suggest this is a $12 - $15 part but a lot of skill is required so I’m happy with the price. This also included a new battery.

I’ve been using my 6s today and can’t stop smiling.

• Like 4