iPhone 6S/6S Plus User Thread

MacinJosh

iphone6s-6sp-select-2015.jpg

Model: Apple A1688 (iPhone 6S) / A1687 (iPhone 6S Plus)

Processor: A9 chip with 64-bit architecture

Display: Retina HD display

• 4.7 inches / 1334 x 750 / 326 PPI (iPhone 6S)
  • 5.5 inches / 1920 x 1080 / 401 PPI (iPhone 6S Plus)

Cellular Bands:

• CDMA EV-DO Rev. A (800, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz)
  • UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz)
  • TD-SCDMA 1900 (F), 2000 (A)
  • GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
  • FDD-LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29)
  • TD-LTE (Bands 38, 39, 40, 41)

Wireless:

• 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi with MIMO
  • Bluetooth 4.2 wireless technology
  • NFC

Battery life:

iPhone 6S

• Up to 14 hours 3G talk time
  • Up to 10 hours 3G or LTE internet usage
  • Up to 11 hours WiFi internet usage
  • Up to 10 days standby time

iPhone 6S Plus

• Up to 24 hours 3G talk time
  • Up to 12 hours 3G, LTE, or WiFi internet usage
  • Up to 16 days standby time

Notes:

• Sprint Band 41 Carrier Aggregation
  • Full Sprint RRPP capability
  • Wi-Fi calling
  • No Sprint VoLTE capabilities

• No SVLTE (Spark devices don't support SVLTE)
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

My wife's shows delivered, but I don't think she knows it's out there right now.  UPS came real early this morning.  Usually they don't show up until 6-7 at night

Edit:  Just got a pic of it, but not activating until she backs up and we figure out what to do with getting the $1 deal.

My wife's shows delivered, but I don't think she knows it's out there right now.  UPS came real early this morning.  Usually they don't show up until 6-7 at night

It always seems like on days like today the UPS schedule is kinda off.  Usually we get late deliveries also but the last couple of times we had iPhones delivered they came around noon.

After speaking with chat, the only way we would qualify for the 1$ deal is if we paid off the lease. At this point we already have a killer deal with our loyalty credit and the buy back credit so Im just going to stick with it. 

And to qualify we would've all had to been eligible for our 2 year upgrade, or had our phones paid off. Only 1 device had the 2 year upgrade. And none were paid off. So I think the loyalty credit route was a better way. 1st line was just activated on our account. He's currently setting everything up now.

• Like 2

Got lucky and walked into the local store this morning at 8 and snagged the last 6s Plus 64G (space grey). Had problems with the Reps getting the new promotion prices to work, but after a few calls they got it all worked out. Restoring from backup and then time to play play play!

Rumor: I work for a cell tower construction company and was aware of Verizon banning all service affecting work from midnight last night to Monday, but my boss told me today that Apple has demanded all carriers implement this for this weekend just to help guarantee that all iPhone 6s users would have no issues. All mighty Apple!!

• Like 4

We had 1 6s+ in stock earlier this morning. Sold out right away.

I got mine delivered to me at work and got it activated right away. So far I love it. Camera is awesome. Peek and pop are going to change the way I email for sure.

I'm kind of on the fence about the 6s+ though. The extra heft and size are certainly noticeable compared to my old 6. Going to give it a few days to see how I like it and go from there. Besides that I'm impressed.

Edit. I sound contradictory. Lol. I love it but hate it in short.

We had 1 6s+ in stock earlier this morning. Sold out right away.

I got mine delivered to me at work and got it activated right away. So far I love it. Camera is awesome. Peek and pop are going to change the way I email for sure.

I'm kind of on the fence about the 6s+ though. The extra heft and size are certainly noticeable compared to my old 6. Going to give it a few days to see how I like it and go from there. Besides that I'm impressed.

Edit. I sound contradictory. Lol. I love it but hate it in short.

Any B41 CA in your area?  Would love to see Field Test Mode on one.

• Like 1

Just activated 6s (128GB)IMG_00011.PNG - First speedtest while in my work building, LTE only, NO wifi netted 90.45 down!

• Like 18

Any B41 CA in your area? Would love to see Field Test Mode on one.

No CA that I know of around me. At work I'm on B26 so idk if I would even connect to it. To be honest I don't even know what CA would look like in the iPhone besides the higher bandwidth number and the speeds being faster.

Interested to see what my phone does for speeds when I get home. If it doubles the 45mbps I get on B41 I'll be an extremely happy man.

Field test doesn't fill the screen on my 6S+.

cbdf4cfb90d537aa8dbfca3fd752b7d7.jpg

69e05e7a3e8ac4399949190183bb8373.jpg

Field test screens please 

Which screens do ya want.. there are a lot more then I remember..

IMG_00021.PNG

IMG_00031.PNG

IMG_00041.PNG

IMG_00051.PNG

IMG_00061.PNG

IMG_00071.PNG

Which screens do ya want.. there are a lot more then I remember..

The serving cell info is most valuable one..    On the 6, the FREQ BAND INDICATOR will show what band you are on (25, 26,41).  Yours is showing 1092552756.  And with your speed, you are likely on B41 CA.  Maybe a funky number in the FREQ BAND INDICATOR indicates CA..

Keep your eye on that serving cell screen for us please..

-- EDIT - the screen I meant was "Serving Cell Info"