iPhone 6S/6S Plus User Thread

MacinJosh

Anyone else having some trouble with the frequency band indicator in field test on the iPhone 6S? Mine reads 1091896336 as opposed to 25 or 41...attachicon.gif image.png

A few people have posted about this, and it looks like field test is absolutely f*cked. Like, bad. No band, no carrier bandwidth size, or TX antennas. Argh. Maybe I jinxed it on Thursday when I was wishing for Apple to finally fix field test.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

A few people have posted about this, and it looks like field test is absolutely f*cked. Like, bad. No band, no carrier bandwidth size, or TX antennas. Argh. Maybe I jinxed it on Thursday when I was wishing for Apple to finally fix field test.

Lol ok I got nervous I had a defective phone or something

For anyone on iPhone forever, and questioning what to do with your old device, I just got an email that my return kit is being shipped. It's called RMAKIT - giveback return kit. It was automatic, and I didn't even ask for it. I'll still return it in store if possible.

Thanks. Let me know how the store return goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

For anyone on iPhone forever, and questioning what to do with your old device, I just got an email that my return kit is being shipped. It's called RMAKIT - giveback return kit. It was automatic, and I didn't even ask for it. I'll still return it in store if possible.

If you're going to go and try a store make sure you visit a Corp store. Third party won't be able to search your order and attach that buyback to it for it to be compliant.
  • Like 1

Well no new 6s + for me yesterday.  Sure enough, UPS sat on it for pretty much 24 hours before moving it from Louisville.  It is now less than 2 hours away in drive time at Oak Creek, WI in a UPS warehouse.  Scheduled for delivery early Monday morning.

So for those of you that got your iPhones yesterday - I am assuming they did require a signature?  I won't be home and neither will my wife on Monday (and I have a couple meetings in the AM so I can't work from home).  I live in a secure apartment building for the time being, and usually UPS just leaves stuff right by my front door. Hoping that with the instructions to do so, that they will even with this delivery.  I really wish Sprint wouldn't disable the pick up at UPS facility option though. 

Well no new 6s + for me yesterday. Sure enough, UPS sat on it for pretty much 24 hours before moving it from Louisville. It is now less than 2 hours away in drive time at Oak Creek, WI in a UPS warehouse. Scheduled for delivery early Monday morning.

So for those of you that got your iPhones yesterday - I am assuming they did require a signature? I won't be home and neither will my wife on Monday (and I have a couple meetings in the AM so I can't work from home). I live in a secure apartment building for the time being, and usually UPS just leaves stuff right by my front door. Hoping that with the instructions to do so, that they will even with this delivery. I really wish Sprint wouldn't disable the pick up at UPS facility option though.

No signature required for me.

Man, I just have to mention how happy I am with this phone. Everything about it is perfect so far. Every bug or stutter on iOS 9.0.1 is completely gone, and this thing runs smooth as butter. The RF performance is definitely better than the 6, and when I was out and about today, I didn't drop to 3G nearly as much as usual. 3D Touch is really cool, and I didn't think the fingerprint scanner could be this fast. It's scary fast. Like, can't even click the home button lightly and quickly without going right to the home page. It used to be click, thumb, wait. Plus, getting 80-100mbps on my couch is a plus. Great job, Apple.

• Like 7

Also, my field test screen seems to be normal. I had those weird numbers at first, but not anymore? At least for now.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

Seems to come and go for me. Only way I know to confirm CA is just based on speeds. Haven't figured out what or if it shows in field test yet.

Edit. Nvm. Just checked field test. Shows 41176 for my DL frequency vs the 40*** it showed on my 6. At least on my home tower. Speeds in the 50's at my apartment now.

I'm really loving everything about this phone. Battery life on the plus is nuts. 6 hours use and 16 hours standby and I'm still at 41%. I was originally going to hold onto my 6 in case I had a change of heart on the size of the phone but after a day of use its already up on Craigslist. [emoji106]

Seems to come and go for me. Only way I know to confirm CA is just based on speeds. Haven't figured out what or if it shows in field test yet.

Edit. Nvm. Just checked field test. Shows 41176 for my DL frequency vs the 40*** it showed on my 6. At least on my home tower. Speeds in the 50's at my apartment now.

I'm really loving everything about this phone. Battery life on the plus is nuts. 6 hours use and 16 hours standby and I'm still at 41%. I was originally going to hold onto my 6 in case I had a change of heart on the size of the phone but after a day of use its already up on Craigslist. [emoji106]

The only sure fire way without a speed test is to see if you're on the second band 41 carrier EARFCN. If you're connected to carrier #2, you're on CA. You could be using CA if you see your market's original band 41 carrier EARFCN, but you'd need a speed test to verify that tower is aggregating with a second carrier.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

How is the RF performance comparing to the old iPhone 6? I have the 6S Plus 128GB sitting in front of me, debating to return the phone and going to the $1 lease. This all depends on the RF performance differences.

It's a lot better.

The only sure fire way without a speed test is to see if you're on the second band 41 carrier EARFCN. If you're connected to carrier #2, you're on CA. You could be using CA if you see your market's original band 41 carrier EARFCN, but you'd need a speed test to verify that tower is aggregating with a second carrier.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

This is what my field test looks like when I get 50 ish down on my phone. The last few times it displayed normal with missing info in only a few spots. This time it's all goofed up but the one thing. Lol.

1b8aa655a3f49213be48cf64fb267852.jpg

Edit. I go back and speed test after this and rock a 80 down speed test. DL frequency reads 41176. Which is CA?

Just got my 6S Plus today, the last one in the store! Luckily the 8 people in front of me didn't want it! I am loving the phone so far! Touch ID is super fast compared to my 6 Plus, and my first speed test was just under 140 Mb down on LTE. I'm not sure if that's accurate, but could it be with carrier aggregation?

Although, I feel like the carrier bundle is still a problem. I often drop down to 1X when I should at least be on 3G. The signal often switches to 3G eventually, but shouldn't that happen before the hard drop to 1X? This started the update after 19.1 for me. 

Just got my 6S Plus today, the last one in the store! Luckily the 8 people in front of me didn't want it! I am loving the phone so far! Touch ID is super fast compared to my 6 Plus, and my first speed test was just under 140 Mb down on LTE. I'm not sure if that's accurate, but could it be with carrier aggregation?

Although, I feel like the carrier bundle is still a problem. I often drop down to 1X when I should at least be on 3G. The signal often switches to 3G eventually, but shouldn't that happen before the hard drop to 1X? This started the update after 19.1 for me.

I hate this carrier bundle. The same thing I happening to me.

• Like 1

I'm an android guy but testing the iPhone 6s plus 64gb and it's a really awesome phone and the battery destroys all of my old android phones.

Currently have the n6 and depending on the new nexus phones, I might go with crapple this year! [emoji23]

• Like 4

I'm an android guy but testing the iPhone 6s plus 64gb and it's a really awesome phone and the battery destroys all of my old android phones.

Currently have the n6 and depending on the new nexus phones, I might go with crapple this year! [emoji23]

I'm currently on an N5 and if the new N5X doesn't have a 3GB memory option, I hate to say it but I think I'll pick up a 6S.. Once there's a jailbreak.

Sent from my Nexus 5 CAF using Tapatalk