Samsung Galaxy Note 5 User Thread

COZisBack

Thinking about it now it will be no interesting to see how much hpue helps with signal, the best I get in my house on B41 is around 94dBm, will the S8 get low 80's? Should be interesting considering I hardly ever see B25, my other question is will clearwire sites support hpue? If not probably won't be a change is dBm.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I don't believe you'll see better signal values per se, the towers aren't getting a power boost, it's the devices that are getting higher modulation power to push a clearer signal farther.

I don't believe you'll see better signal values per se, the towers aren't getting a power boost, it's the devices that are getting higher modulation power to push a clearer signal farther.

Which I would think means a better stronger signal, but I don't know.

It seems my phone is latching onto 3G more since the latest update. Security update I think.

Its strange. Even with full bars of service it will go to 3g out of nowhere. Happens often. My other phone doesn't do it.

Mine has been fine go figure, this is my third Note 5. Got this one back in June due to signal issues, it's been fine besides the battery lol. Think I'll be going to the S8+ when it's available, time for something new I don't really ever use the spen so I think I'll be ok lol.

Mine has been fine go figure, this is my third Note 5. Got this one back in June due to signal issues, it's been fine besides the battery lol. Think I'll be going to the S8+ when it's available, time for something new I don't really ever use the spen so I think I'll be ok lol.

I ordered the s8+ also. Ive had the note 5 for 19 months and now that the battery is crap and the radio is malfunctioning im done with it.

I ordered the s8+ also. Ive had the note 5 for 19 months and now that the battery is crap and the radio is malfunctioning im done with it.

I've had sim issues here and there but it usually goes away on its own, does suck when it happens though 3G sucks lol. I'm finding I'm holding onto LTE a lot better now than in the past as I said though go figure. Also feels like the screen sensitivity is crap too, can hardly type correctly at this point, a lot may have to do with my OtterBox defender but even on the weekends when it's naked it seems off. As I said I am ready for something new, just not looking forward to going with a Qualcomm CPU, I really like the optimization that the Exynos CPU brings to the experience.

• Like 1

I'm with you

I don't know if this is normal but i thunk I've lost more battery before the update watching a movie than after.. just watched a movie that was an hour and 35 minutes and only used 15 percent battery and that was while connected to a speaker via Bluetooth.

I don't know if this is normal but i thunk I've lost more battery before the update watching a movie than after.. just watched a movie that was an hour and 35 minutes and only used 15 percent battery and that was while connected to a speaker via Bluetooth.

Give it 2 days to settle in and optimize apps

I'm just saying that's it's already better.. before i would have been down to about 65-70 percent from a hundred instead of 85...

Oh, misread that!

• Like 1

I randomly check it for updates and was really surprised when it popped up.. it's running pretty smooth..

Yeah I was checking every morning when I woke up, glad I don't have to anymore.

• Like 1