Samsung Galaxy Note 5 User Thread

COZisBack

Has anyone noticed not being connected to 800 voice since last update or could be one from before?

I dont know about that but that last update definitely made the note 5s amazing band 26 a lot weaker. Hopefully 7.0 comes with another better radio update.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Has anyone noticed not being connected to 800 voice since last update or could be one from before?

Still connecting to 1x800 for voice here.

I dont know about that but that last update definitely made the note 5s amazing band 26 a lot weaker.

And no change in band 26 reception for me either.

Still connecting to 1x800 for voice here.

And no change in band 26 reception for me either.

If your in a market where band 41 is on at least some towers you might not notice but trust me when i say it is weaker.

Oh and i don't connect to Band 26 as much either. Band 25 allot.

That is more proper network management than anything. If a device is capable of getting a Band 25 signal (especially in markets with multiple carriers) it is better to keep that traffic off of Band 26 and reserve that for people in buildings or at the edge of the cell where it is either band 26 or no lte.

If your in a market where band 41 is on at least some towers you might not notice but trust me when i say it is weaker.

I only get Band 26 at home and my phone is getting the exact same signal levels as it was prior to the previous updates.

It sounds like the once very good Note 5 is now meh network performance wise to consider a used one?  My Note 4 is failing even with factory reset/ODIN so it apparently is time to move on unfortunately.

It sounds like the once very good Note 5 is now meh network performance wise to consider a used one? My Note 4 is failing even with factory reset/ODIN so it apparently is time to move on unfortunately.

Mine is still great, besides the occasional sim issue and my now shit battery which doesn't last for shit anymore. I'm looking at the S8 next month, if I don't like it I'll be moving onto an S7 Edge.

Mine is still great, besides the occasional sim issue and my now shit battery which doesn't last for shit anymore. I'm looking at the S8 next month, if I don't like it I'll be moving onto an S7 Edge.

Yeah that is something that concerns me about buying a phone with a non-replaceable battery.

Yeah that is something that concerns me about buying a phone with a non-replaceable battery.

Yeah this thing just suddenly took a massive shit, and I always take proper care of my batteries. Sad I still love this phone, but I think it's time to move on.

• Like 1

I would not dare get a non hpue device if I was staying on Sprint. S7 anything is off the table whether its cheaper to buy or not. Performance over savings anyday.

I would not dare get a non hpue device if I was staying on Sprint. S7 anything is off the table whether its cheaper to buy or not. Performance over savings anyday.

Yeah I just remembered that lol.

yes, my battery has been pretty bad, but not terrible.  The more concerning thing for me is that my USB port is a little finicky.  Which isn't a big deal as I wireless charge a lot of places, but I'll be traveling quite a bit the next two weeks and corded top ups on my portable QC battery require a cord.  Oh well.  They replaced my wife's port and destroyed her screen = free refurb, but I don't want to go through that hassle.  I'm patiently waiting for the S8 jesus phone and praying it doesn't explode. :) 

yes, my battery has been pretty bad, but not terrible. The more concerning thing for me is that my USB port is a little finicky. Which isn't a big deal as I wireless charge a lot of places, but I'll be traveling quite a bit the next two weeks and corded top ups on my portable QC battery require a cord. Oh well. They replaced my wife's port and destroyed her screen = free refurb, but I don't want to go through that hassle. I'm patiently waiting for the S8 jesus phone and praying it doesn't explode. :)

Yeah my USB port port is a little weird too, but I'll have a new phone soon.

Thinking about it now it will be no interesting to see how much hpue helps with signal, the best I get in my house on B41 is around 94dBm, will the S8 get low 80's? Should be interesting considering I hardly ever see B25, my other question is will clearwire sites support hpue? If not probably won't be a change is dBm.

Thinking about it now it will be no interesting to see how much hpue helps with signal, the best I get in my house on B41 is around 94dBm, will the S8 get low 80's? Should be interesting considering I hardly ever see B25, my other question is will clearwire sites support hpue? If not probably won't be a change is dBm.

All band 41 sites will support HPUE as its really has nothing to do with the tower. Band 41 signal should look similar to band 25.

All band 41 sites will support HPUE as its really has nothing to do with the tower. Band 41 signal should look similar to band 25.

I have no idea what a B25 signal looks like at this point lol.

I have no idea what a B25 signal looks like at this point lol.

Some of us wish we had that "problem." B41 is starting to fill in here in the more populated areas (in the cities and towns), but it's not ubiquitous as it is in other places. It would be nice to have it everywhere, but I know Shentel is being smart with their money and only putting it where they believe it's needed. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but it would be nice to have B41 on all towers.  

• Like 1

Some of us wish we had that "problem." B41 is starting to fill in here in the more populated areas (in the cities and towns), but it's not ubiquitous as it is in other places. It would be nice to have it everywhere, but I know Shentel is being smart with their money and only putting it where they believe it's needed. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but it would be nice to have B41 on all towers.

B41 is nice, but there are a lot of times when I am stuck on a basically useless signal when I should kick down to B26, but seeing as B26 is really unoptimized here B41 quickly becomes useless. Won't even kick down to B25. Which​ is marginally better than B41 at least in my area.

At this point on the LTE game if its only 5x5 b25/26. Band 41 or at least 10x10 25 is needed period unless you live in the middle of nowhere.

• Like 1

At this point on the LTE game if its only 5x5 b25/26. Band 41 or at least 10x10 25 is needed period unless you live in the middle of nowhere.

There are some areas near me you would probably consider the middle of nowhere. 5x5 B25 and B26 is all they have on some of the rural towers here, and they run faster than some towers in the towns and cities with 40 Mhz B41, 10x10 B25, 5x5 B25, and B26.

• Like 1

I agree even a single carrier of B41 is so much better, you're almost guaranteed at least 10+Mbps, even on a low signal.