Samsung Galaxy Note 5 User Thread

COZisBack

Here I thought I was the only one having this problem!  So infuriating.  I too think it has something to do with Google Maps, as the only time it seems to happen is when the last thing I did with my phone is use Google Maps.  I thought it might have been because I was a Google Maps beta tester, but leaving the beta program didn't help.  I was hoping it might have been related to one of Samsung's firmware updates since I think I installed the Nov update around the time the issue started happening, but the Dec update they just pushed out definitely did not fix the problem.

I've also been noticing Google maps running incredibly slow sometimes despite not having anything else running in the background (to the best of my knowledge).  I'm not sure if the slowness has anything to do with the phone taking a while to come out of standby.  Whatever the issue is, it's incredibly frustrating.

This. All of this. Maps has been frustrating.  I was trying to use Android Auto for a while and that would absolutely give me the standby lock up...but I think it's only because it was using the Google Maps in the background, which runs constantly when using Android Auto app. 

I've been back to using Waze lately unfortunately.  I haven't left the Maps Beta, but glad I haven't after reading your post.  I DID just leave the Google App Beta as my voice commands were not working on my Moto Sport watch.  Rolled back, and voice commands are working again. 

Google, man.....always messing with something. 

• Like 1

Anyone seen where your Note 5 won't grab onto LTE when you're in an LTE area? I have a Note 4 next to me and it's sitting on LTE without any issue and the Note 5 is on 3G and won't get LTE no matter what I do.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Anyone seen where your Note 5 won't grab onto LTE when you're in an LTE area? I have a Note 4 next to me and it's sitting on LTE without any issue and the Note 5 is on 3G and won't get LTE no matter what I do.

I haven't noticed this myself yet. Also, I think Google *may* have fixed the issue w/ inability to turn on the screen after using Maps w/ the latest software update to the Maps and/or Google apps.  I haven't run into the problem for about a week now.  I'm running the non-beta Maps and beta Google app.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

January update is out. Was hoping for Nougout lol, maybe next month.

Keep holding your breath...i know they said it was supposedly coming but who knows when..i thought there were rumors also saying that we would get some of the note 7 touch wiz changes also..

Keep holding your breath...i know they said it was supposedly coming but who knows when..i thought there were rumors also saying that we would get some of the note 7 touch wiz changes also..

Yeh I think the note 5 is in a weird spot for updates, I guess time will tell.

• Like 1

I dont want the note 7 touch wiz. When I had both devices the Note 5 was more responsive.

I dont want the note 7 touch wiz. When I had both devices the Note 5 was more responsive.

Ah ok..never messed with it..i guess that's good to know..

• Like 1

Myself I'm looking forward to Android 7.0 Nougat and I'll take the changes to TouchWiz as well.

Btw the G5 received Nougat last year 4th quarter but the G4 hasn't.

*What does that entail

When I had my S7 briefly I always thought the Note 5 was more responsive, I think the Note 5 on Nougout will be fine. Same goes for the Note 7 in comparison my 5 felt quicker than my friends.

When I had my S7 briefly I always thought the Note 5 was more responsive, I think the Note 5 on Nougout will be fine. Same goes for the Note 7 in comparison my 5 felt quicker than my friends.

It will be fine. If they dont throw the note 7 bloatware on this device.

I may be holding a S8 by the time Nougat for N5 is out....

I may even no longer be with Sprint, since they finally completely killed 2 year contract upgrade pricing and rumor is they are killing Loyalty monthly credit in April.....

T-mo is looking better and better

• Like 1

A software update just popped up on my Note 5. I'm guessing it is a monthly security update perhaps at 54.87 MB

It's the January update. It came out about a week ago. Nothing major, just security stuff.

• Like 1

https://www.sammobile.com/2017/02/17/galaxy-note-5-for-att-sprint-and-verizon-receives-wi-fi-certification-running-nougat/

Soon! Well, like matter of weeks soon. (finally)

Finally! I will likely move to the S8 though so its a little late but better late than never.

• Like 1

I've gotten an "invalid SIM" warning a couple times post update. Never seen one before, likely unrelated but wanted to post it up here. Reboot seems to fix it, obviously I'll head into a store if it persists.

Yeah I'm seeing some weird shit now too, can't update my profile or prl on LTE gives me a mobile data connection error message, works fine over WiFi. And after you do it you get stuck on 3G... Don't know what to do at this point.

I wiped cache in recovery, rebooted, updated PRL, profile, pulled sim and blew in the slot NES style.  Haven't had the error again after all that, but it happened like 6 times in a row on network prior to that.