Samsung Galaxy Note 5 User Thread

COZisBack

Well I went into the Sprint corp store this past weekend to get the charger port board replaced. Think there is a pin that is bent. USB cable won't stay in and fully charge the phone. It's been like this for maybe the past few months. They said it's a $75 charge as I am under the 1 year warranty. 

So I dropped the phone off Sat and returned about 2 hours later. The tech said the he replaced the screen and board as it's 1 unit. However the screen has a couple color defects on the corners and they gave me my phone back but said they are going to order a replacement Note 5 to be shipped to the store and will arrive this week.

I have been calling them daily to find out when it will arrive. Called today and they said it will be at their store tomorrow however the phone that will arrive is the Galaxy S7 Edge. They were out of stock on the Note 5 64Gig. I'm not happy as I want a replacement Note 5 phone. So they said I need to come to the store to discuss this with a rep and repair tech. I'm heading there this evening.

Well I went into the Sprint corp store this past weekend to get the charger port board replaced. Think there is a pin that is bent. USB cable won't stay in and fully charge the phone. It's been like this for maybe the past few months. They said it's a $75 charge as I am under the 1 year warranty. 

So I dropped the phone off Sat and returned about 2 hours later. The tech said the he replaced the screen and board as it's 1 unit. However the screen has a couple color defects on the corners and they gave me my phone back but said they are going to order a replacement Note 5 to be shipped to the store and will arrive this week.

I have been calling them daily to find out when it will arrive. Called today and they said it will be at their store tomorrow however the phone that will arrive is the Galaxy S7 Edge. They were out of stock on the Note 5 64Gig. I'm not happy as I want a replacement Note 5 phone. So they said I need to come to the store to discuss this with a rep and repair tech. I'm heading there this evening.

Good luck.

Tell them to give you a note 7 and you can call it even[emoji1]

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Left the store. I arrived and I think I was dealing with a manager. Anyways he came back to me and the Note 5 has arrived. He didn't know what happen but the tech did order the correct phone and it was in one system and the S7 Edge was in another system. That's why I was given wrong information over the phone. They are holding the Note 5 with my name on it until I return on Saturday and they can switch it out.

Guess they use Samsung Smart Switch app. Never used that before.

• 4 weeks later...

At this point I think I'm holding out for the Note 8, don't see the need for more power (on paper) that I will never see and I have the superior camera imo, what's the point? I love my Note 5.

Agreed. Waterproofing and bigger battery would be nice but the Note5 is still an excellent phone.

• Like 1

At this point I think I'm holding out for the Note 8, don't see the need for more power (on paper) that I will never see and I have the superior camera imo, what's the point? I love my Note 5.

I thought the note 5 was going to be the better camera. I was wrong. Note 7 camera without question was better but the note 5 still has a great camera.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine seems about the same as it always has.

Mine has its day's where it drains fast the first hour cause operating system or system are using 100% battery usage. Sprint checked my phone said it was fine. Whatever
  • Like 1

Mine has been horrible. Cant find the source but I charge twice a day most days now. Today I almost had to charge three times.

I haven't been pleased with battery life either. But some days it's totally fine. Very hit or miss. The joys of Android.