Samsung Galaxy Note 5 User Thread

COZisBack

I've gotten an "invalid SIM" warning a couple times post update. Never seen one before, likely unrelated but wanted to post it up here. Reboot seems to fix it, obviously I'll head into a store if it persists.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I used to have this all the time. Open up the SIM slot and re-seat the SIM card. It fixed my problem.

Edit: I just noticed you already did that. Hopefully it fixed the problem, I haven't seen the error message for months now.

• Like 1

I used to have this all the time. Open up the SIM slot and re-seat the SIM card. It fixed my problem.

Edit: I just noticed you already did that. Hopefully it fixed the problem, I haven't seen the error message for months now.

It's pretty common with the Note5. I have it happen too. Best fix is a paper clip followed by a reboot.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

944548be5348d380216acc0435241afc.jpg And... We wait another month I guess...

What's this for????

Is it the monthly security update...

Looks like just the February security patches.

So the one I received in late February is January security update. It was around 54 MB

We all got both. This one is the latest.

Okay, thanks.

Btw this update is twice the size of the last one.

Yeah it's a bit bigger this time, hopefully the next one is over a GB and is Nouget.

That would be sweet.

• Like 1

These sim/network errors are getting really annoying, just spent 15 minutes ejecting the sim and then restarting the phone and then ##72786# a few times... Finally back on LTE, don't know for how long though... About to contact Sprint, this is not cool.

I haven't had any issues. Sorry you guys are

I haven't had any of these issues either.. Hate to see when others are having troubles with their devices.

I had SIM errors on my phone too.  It was intermittent and got more and more frequent.  I researched a bit and found other people on various carriers that had similar problems.   Solution was simple as recommended by others.  I took it to a Sprint store and told them that the SIM card was bad.  They replaced it free and I've not had another problem since.  That was over a year ago.

These sim/network errors are getting really annoying, just spent 15 minutes ejecting the sim and then restarting the phone and then ##72786# a few times... Finally back on LTE, don't know for how long though... About to contact Sprint, this is not cool.

Google Assistant just activated

Not yet for me! Good to know someone is finally getting it though.

• Like 1

when i turned my screen on it was on the setup page for it. I did nothing

Oh nvm, I just got the prompt when I restarted my phone... For some reason my phone didn't update the time for DST overnight so I just wiped the cache partition and on reboot the time fixed itself and in the process gave me Google Assistant. :)