Samsung Galaxy Note 5 User Thread

COZisBack

I was just at a local deli and low and behold I am on 3G and it stayed on 3G until I was a good mile away from there, pathetic. Brand new different phone, same problems. Wasn't even using data either so nothing was holding it up from switching back to LTE. Noticed my Note 5 was pulling better dBm as well compard to the S7 lol which is crazy, S7 is at 121dBm on B41 whereas my Note 5 would be on B41 at around 114dBm, can't compare Note 5 is still great it's the towers it has to be can't be anything else because I have tried everything else at this point. :angry:

Getting your old phone back will be next to impossible.

Your best bet will be to take the fight to network management.

Getting your old phone back will be next to impossible.

Your best bet will be to take the fight to network management.

I still have it and am waiting on a return package to send it back out, I don't see it not being possible. If I didn't still have it in my possession however I could see that.

well then most of the towers in colorado are crappy cause I'm still having those same issue's. This phone is screwed up. I was next to a site and it was stuck on band 26 with a -50ish signal and bars on phone said no bars. Go figure. That's just the latest.

Still having gps issues and google maps freezes so much more still.

The bars have been modified to show QoS rather than signal strength since it is what actually matters. We all know Band 26 is saturated with users and the user experience on it is not stellar. That being said, being stuck on Band 26 when you're right by the tower is strange and I have never seen a signal strength of -50 dbms for LTE. I thought based on the RSRP values being offset 20 dbms from the 3G values that the strongest LTE signal you could achieve was -60. I live right by a tower and have never seen anything stronger than that except on 3G.

I proved it wasn't the Marshmallow update when I installed Lollipop and the service was just the same. Something is going on everywhere and it's probably not just related to the Note 5.

So is it a Samsung problem? As in other Samsung phones or are other brands having issues?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

The bars have been modified to show QoS rather than signal strength since it is what actually matters. We all know Band 26 is saturated with users and the user experience on it is not stellar. That being said, being stuck on Band 26 when you're right by the tower is strange and I have never seen a signal strength of -50 dbms for LTE. I thought based on the RSRP values being offset 20 dbms from the 3G values that the strongest LTE signal you could achieve was -60. I live right by a tower and have never seen anything stronger than that except on 3G.

It happened. Not the first time that has happened. Well being stuck on band 26 next to a site.

Well I talked to my lady and I am returning the S7 and keeping my Note 5, all things are being reverted. I am glad this lady is so understanding of the situation, back to mashing sprint zone reports. And I swear my Note 5 is faster than the S7, there is a bit of lag on the S7 and none on my 5.  :D

Edited by BlueAngel
  • Like 1

Well I talked to my lady and I am returning the S7 and keeping my Note 5, all things are being reverted. I am glad this lady is so understanding of the situation, back to mashing sprint zone reports. And I swear my Note 5 is faster than the S7, there is a bit of lag on the S7 and none on my 5. :D

Telling you note 5 is a great phone lol. The s7 is probably a snapdragon phone..trash. atleast you found the issue other than the phone ????????

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Telling you note 5 is a great phone lol. The s7 is probably a snapdragon phone..trash. atleast you found the issue other than the phone ????????

Yeah snapdragon, I wasn't impressed I quite like the exynos CPU. And yeah that's a good thing, even though I am back where I started. Hopefully whatever network woes there are will be fixed shortly.

Yeah snapdragon, I wasn't impressed I quite like the exynos CPU. And yeah that's a good thing, even though I am back where I started. Hopefully whatever network woes there are will be fixed shortly.

Its aiite tho, stuff happens. I hope the network gets fixed for you too ????????????

I think the service is getting slightly better, I am not dropping LTE as often anymore. I also adjusted the nextLTE timer to 2 instead of 5, that may be making a difference. But I am no longer randomly dropping LTE in the spots that I was on my commute, I can stream my Spotify once again which is nice. 

• Like 3

I think the service is getting slightly better, I am not dropping LTE as often anymore. I also adjusted the nextLTE timer to 2 instead of 5, that may be making a difference. But I am no longer randomly dropping LTE in the spots that I was on my commute, I can stream my Spotify once again which is nice.

I'm sure it's posted somewhere but cam you go through the steps to adjust the LTE timer and what I need..gonna try to do that..maybe it was set on something lower and after a pro update or something related to that might have adjusted everyone's timer to a longer time frame for scanning..just a thought though because I don't know half of what y'all seem to know here on this page..

I'm sure it's posted somewhere but cam you go through the steps to adjust the LTE timer and what I need..gonna try to do that..maybe it was set on something lower and after a pro update or something related to that might have adjusted everyone's timer to a longer time frame for scanning..just a thought though because I don't know half of what y'all seem to know here on this page..

You'll need your MSL code or "Activation code" from Sprint, I got mine when I activated a different sim card on my Note. I received an email and it had it listed right there, so I didn't have to play around with Sprint to get it. To change it however you need to open up your dialer and enter ##data# or ##3282#  then go to LTE and hit edit, put in your MSL code and go to LTE then change the nextLTE mode to whichever you want (default is 5), I have mine at 2 right now. 1 is the lowest that you can go, then once you're done hit ok then restart your phone.

• Like 1

I've been noticing a lot of 3g here in MA lately. Almost all the time. LTE in Worcestet is so saturated it's useless. Does anyone know if the LTE scan timer was increased? Seems I don't hold onto lte long anymore. Has this changed?

I've been noticing a lot of 3g here in MA lately. Almost all the time. LTE in Worcestet is so saturated it's useless. Does anyone know if the LTE scan timer was increased? Seems I don't hold onto lte long anymore. Has this changed?

Not sure by default it's set to 5, I have mine at 2 and really don't see a difference. Even on 1 it's more or less the same, but with what I went through I can tell you it's not the phone.

I'm not sure how a thread that is for the Galaxy Note 5 smartphone  devolved into ranting about Sprints network but nevertheless rants are not allowed here. 

• Like 1

Do mods on this site delete posts that do not put Sprint in a good light my post was just deleted because I was complaining about Sprint's network.

Edited by jarablue

Do mods on this site delete posts that do not put Sprint in a good light my post was just deleted because I was complaining about Sprint's network.

Yes because complaints are not allowed here and has not been allowed on this site for years.

Especially so off topic on a thread about a smart phone.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Is there a thread in general where people are discussing these problems we seem to be having with the note 5 concerning longer times on 3g and not going back to lte? Was thinking it has something to do with the phone since at least 5 of us are having the same issues. Thanks

Anyone else having issues with texting (stock messenger)? When texting, I'll send, and notice it takes anywhere from 10-15 seconds for my text I typed to apperar, then there's a slight delay sending. I've cleared cache, rebooted phone many times, and still facing this issue. It's been going on for nearly 2 months.

Are there any other really messengers in Playstore you guys can recommend, that's way better than the stock version?

Anyone else having issues with texting (stock messenger)? When texting, I'll send, and notice it takes anywhere from 10-15 seconds for my text I typed to apperar, then there's a slight delay sending. I've cleared cache, rebooted phone many times, and still facing this issue. It's been going on for nearly 2 months.

Are there any other really messengers in Playstore you guys can recommend, that's way better than the stock version?

textra...I've always used textra on many different phones..usually one of the first 5 apps downloaded..can't tell you what's better but it just is lol...

Edited by iruntrains
  • Like 3

textra...I've always used textra on many different phones..usually one of the first 5 apps downloaded..can't tell you what's better but it just is lol...

Textra is sweet! Quick, fast, easy, and no lag whatsoever! I'll definitely recommend it to anyone. Thanks man!

• Like 1