Samsung Galaxy Note 5 User Thread

COZisBack

Since the update my phone has been mostly park on B25. Are you guys experiencing something different?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Its probably just you. Mine has been on band 26 more and thats not a good thing since band 26 is often more unreliable because of its reach and limited capacity.

I've been on 3g for the most part. Toggling airplane mode takes 5 minutes as well as restarting the phone to acquire a signal and it winds up to be 3g. Also getting unable to establish a data connection. What's up?

I've been on 3g for the most part. Toggling airplane mode takes 5 minutes as well as restarting the phone to acquire a signal and it winds up to be 3g. Also getting unable to establish a data connection. What's up?

I'd factory reset. Maybe your modem software isn't working right.

Sounds like an isolated incident.

No connection issues in either voice, text or data.

Smooth sailing on band 41, 4G LTE+ 2xCA Reaching speeds of 100 + Mbps.

•Btw did the update from lollipop 5.1.1 to marshmallow 6.0.1 this past weekend and also did multiple hard resets and cleared cache. Thus far buttery smooth.

• Like 2

Sprint is having multi state network outages right now. It's on the news. So if your having issues that is why. I am calling in afterwards and getting the credit for today and however long this lasts. No wonder Sprints phone number has a huge waiting hold time.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/03/28/sprint-struck-with-multi-state-network-problems.html

Edited by jarablue
  • Like 1

Was wondering why I am on 3G or 1x when I should be on LTE.

Sprint has had some outage issues on the East Coast today. Could that be the reason? Likely.

It should be back up by now.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I got a text from a 207 area code (Maine) that said, "how are you feeling today, my angel?"  I didn't know the number or person, when I replied and said thanks for your concern, but you have the wrong number, they hadn't sent it either.  So, there was some serious tomfoolery afoot with that network outage. 

Is it my phone or when you connect to 3g, nothing loads, everything comes to a halt? I literally cannot do any browsing or data taks save send a txt or make a phone call.

Anyone else have this issue with 3g on the Note5?

Its probably just you. Mine has been on band 26 more and thats not a good thing since band 26 is often more unreliable because of its reach and limited capacity.

After letting the phone do its thing the whole days it's now connecting to B41. I honestly think the tower was down for...

anyone having trouble with streaming music from pandora or Amazon prime? it plays one song then stops. i then have to open the app and hit skip or close out the app all the way and reopen it and then it may play one or two more songs before stopping again. this is through my WiFi which is connected and had a good speed test. any suggestions?

anyone having trouble with streaming music from pandora or Amazon prime? it plays one song then stops. i then have to open the app and hit skip or close out the app all the way and reopen it and then it may play one or two more songs before stopping again. this is through my WiFi which is connected and had a good speed test. any suggestions?

Everything is peachy with Spotify, it's the only streaming app that I use.

• Like 1

I don't know about Amazon prime music but this sounds like a thing I've encountered on and off for a long time with Pandora on android. After the app is updated sometimes it gets to where when on wifi it will take forever to load a song and if it does load when it goes to the next song it will skip over multiple songs before it manages to play another one if it does at all. It always seems to work fine over mobile data though. Usually with Pandora an update usually fixes it at some point but over the past couple years they have broken it again multiple times after other updates to where these days if I'm on wifi and want to stream music on android I tend to just go for a different app.

• Like 1

Yes, I am encountering streaming issues since the 6.0.1 update.   I typically have an iHeart alarm for a news channel and then about 7 minutes later I have a Pandora music alarm scheduled that stops the news and starts music.  Now neither one of them works properly, if at all.  Sometimes if I pick the silent phone up to look at it then one or the other will start up but they don't do it without physical contact.  I have cleared and reset the alarms but it hasn't helped.   Next I'll try uninstalling the apps.

• Like 1

Yes, I am encountering streaming issues since the 6.0.1 update.   I typically have an iHeart alarm for a news channel and then about 7 minutes later I have a Pandora music alarm scheduled that stops the news and starts music.  Now neither one of them works properly, if at all.  Sometimes if I pick the silent phone up to look at it then one or the other will start up but they don't do it without physical contact.  I have cleared and reset the alarms but it hasn't helped.   Next I'll try uninstalling the apps.

This sounds like an issue that might be resolved with cache wipes.  First of the app and then through your recovery menu.  This might help.  I've had no problem at all with Google Play Music or NPR One streaming.  Both work as intended. 

One thing I've found about this update is that my phone contacts FINALLY and FULLY sync with my Dodge Durango Uconnect system.  Previously it would only sync about 1/4 of all my contacts for reasons unknown.  Now they're all in there.  How very exciting. 

• Like 1

I've cleared the cache both ways. i tried without WiFi on and it wouldn't even load with Pandora when i turned WiFi on it said searching for connection then started playing and played for a couple songs.