Samsung Galaxy Note 5 User Thread

COZisBack

I really hope marshmallow brings much better battery life. This battery life is making me miss my iPhone. I've tried everything I know to get my battery to last and I have to try to squeeze 11 hours out of it. I wake up at 6am so 11 hours doesn't suffice. I think this is ridiculous, androids always used to be battery Champs for me.

Consider downloading package disabler pro then you can disable some bloatware on the phone... Especially if you don't need to use some Samsung services.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Consider downloading package disabler pro then you can disable some bloatware on the phone... Especially if you don't need to use some Samsung services.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I did that already :/ I don't know why my phone won't last. I don't even use it that often. The time I had it last about 12 hours was once and I only had a screen time of about an hour and a half

I didnt know bp has nfc at the gas pumps now and tv commercials while your pumping. Wtf

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

They have to make it up to the gulf region somehow right?

I didnt know bp has nfc at the gas pumps now and tv commercials while your pumping. Wtf

A lot of gas station pumps are incorporating TV's here. I haven't seen the NFC before, so that's pretty cool!

It's a great marketing tool to advertise their in store specials, and the longer you pump (and more money you spend) the more likely they are to give out freebies.

Just a couple weeks ago I was given the option to print a coupon for a free fountain drink after pumping like 15 gallons of gas.

• Like 1

Sweet! That means a push might be imminent.

Sent from my Sprint Note5 for your reading pleasure

It's been imminent for the last month plus

• Like 1

Going to wait until I hear it's official

I too am going to wait but I downloaded and checked out the file, it's legit and will easily work with Odin. Doesn't void any warranties, etc. If we don't get the push by the weekend, I just may flash it.

Sent from my Sprint Note5 for your reading pleasure

• Like 1

seems to break no root hotspot similar to the MM update for the S6....

anyway we can get the EPST apk from the S7? i heard it still work on the S7

The first rule about illegal tethering on S4GRU website is we don't talk about illegal tethering.  Take that question over to XDA.  The top brass will come down on this quickly. :) 

The first rule about illegal tethering on S4GRU website is we don't talk about illegal tethering. Take that question over to XDA. The top brass will come down on this quickly. :)

Oops, i edited my post

It looks official, I used Odin and the tar file, and it didn't trip Knox, but this process will erase everything. If you take the OTA update, you shouldn't lose your data. Boot up animations are better looking, It says LTE plus, more spectrum, better network. Still downloading updates for the apps. 

• Like 1

Are we sure it's official? And the same as the ota will be?

Until they release it, no, we don't know.  Regardless of the "cred" anyone has over at XDA, if you're uncertain, don't do it.  The fortunate thing is that IF it is not the final build, when the final build does release, you can ODIN that final build over this build.  The downside is that you will have to rebuild the phone again as it will wipe all your data.  This might bother some folks. 

EDIT, I stand corrected roll out goes live tomorrow. as per the next post. 

• Like 1