Google Nexus 6P by Huawei (was [Rumor] Huawei Nexus phone?)

jefbal99

I'm going to post in there again as I have noticed that as soon as I initiate a phone call, my phone is activating DND now. If I change the "Sound" setting to speaker or bluetooth, it goes off but if it's on phone, its on DND.

Really weird

It's a feature. However I can't get it to work on my phone. I actually wish it would go to DND mode while on a call. People on the other end of the call can hear my phone vibrating.

Sent from my Pixel XL

• 2 weeks later...

I use hangouts on a daily basis for work for both texts and phone calls. That is the percentage I typically hit when I use it for work. I am using it on 7.1.1 preview as well. Obviously I am not having the problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all apps after changing to 7.1.1 though. The biggest problem I have had is with Chrome. Before the last preview update, chrome would often become unstable and crash the phone.

This is what I'm dealing with...

ae37163aa4579b83170f6b4bb1b4c418.jpg

I use hangouts on a daily basis for work for both texts and phone calls. That is the percentage I typically hit when I use it for work. I am using it on 7.1.1 preview as well. Obviously I am not having the problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all apps after changing to 7.1.1 though. The biggest problem I have had is with Chrome. Before the last preview update, chrome would often become unstable and crash the phone.

So you "are" or "are not" having that problem because I think you "are" if the battery percentage used is like mine. Or. maybe the screen really isn't as much of a hog as one would typically see.  It's just very strange that the app, in and of itself can use double the battery that the screen is using.  If this is proving to be normal for med/high Hangout users, then maybe I just need to recalibrate my expectations.  I've just never see anything like this before and not sure how the app is burning so much power on it's own and still functioning how it should. 

Thanks to Skid71's suggestion, I finally have my Nexus 6P repaired. A year after destroying it. Still feels like a brand new phone after all this time!

Huawei offered me a $30 coupon at check out. Ended up costing around $130 total for screen replacement and shipping.

:thx:

Robert,

I lack the vision and skill to repair my own screen, but shipped it to Texas through Huawei to get it repaired. Made me sick when I busted it. Live and learn, I'll bite the bullet and build the cost of nexus protect into my next nexus purchase.

If memory serves $160. Which made me even more angry at myself. First phone I've ever broken. Laid it on top of the garbage can in the garage while I was working. Forgot it was there, flipped up the lid and it went for a 20 foot ride in the air across the garage.

Sick

Just sick

I'm sick to my stomach. I just destroyed my 6P. I had it on the center console of my pickup just now. I discovered a Tmo site that just started work so I pulled off the road quickly. Phone slid into the back of my crew cab. No big deal.

I hop out to go open the back door to get it. I guess it was on the floor against the back door, because when I opened the door, it slid out and landed on the rough asphalt face down.

I freak out and pick it up and there really is no physical damage except a little scrape on the frame and a scratch on my glass screen protector. But the display is no longer working. :'(

I now have a $600 paper weight. I feel like I'm going to throw up. I cannot afford to replace it. I had to sell phones to buy it. I guess I just can't have nice things.

b8c39f07c90a4110e1de55af82da078a.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Has anyone ever had a confirmed B41 2x CA connection on the 6P?  My coworkers Samsung is always on 2x CA from the site near our office, however, I can't find anything in the DATA screens that even indicates CA is enabled.  LTE Engineering is worthless on this device.  LTE Discovery is only showing a single EARFCN/Frequency range.  Speed tests are usually in the 20-30 Mbps range, which is more than usable, but they are very similar to the results I got on my Moto X Pure previously.

Has anyone ever had a confirmed B41 2x CA connection on the 6P?  My coworkers Samsung is always on 2x CA from the site near our office, however, I can't find anything in the DATA screens that even indicates CA is enabled.  LTE Engineering is worthless on this device.  LTE Discovery is only showing a single EARFCN/Frequency range.  Speed tests are usually in the 20-30 Mbps range, which is more than usable, but they are very similar to the results I got on my Moto X Pure previously.

Have you tried Network Signal Guru?  That is what we use locally to confirm B41 2x CA.  Root provides you with the most information.

Have you tried Network Signal Guru?  That is what we use locally to confirm B41 2x CA.  Root provides you with the most information.

I've not rooted this device or my MXPE, the extra SCP info is the only thing I've missed.

• Like 2

Rooting on the 6P is sooo easy.  I agree, I do not use it for much though...

I've got the boot loader unlocked, but I don't want to alter the system image to root.  I've been doing the Android beta program and don't want to risk breaking one of those updates

Has anyone ever had a confirmed B41 2x CA connection on the 6P? My coworkers Samsung is always on 2x CA from the site near our office, however, I can't find anything in the DATA screens that even indicates CA is enabled. LTE Engineering is worthless on this device. LTE Discovery is only showing a single EARFCN/Frequency range. Speed tests are usually in the 20-30 Mbps range, which is more than usable, but they are very similar to the results I got on my Moto X Pure previously.

I have and am providing screen shots from NSG confirming it.

444f87cc1fba99c41a2423ce5bccfa92.jpg

It even shows the throughput on each carrier (this was during a speed test).

Sent from my Pixel XL

• Like 4

[image Remove]

Sent from my Pixel XL

Is that your Pixel or 6P? 

Sent from my Pixel XL

Maybe because I don't have root, but I can't get any information from the NSG app

I've got the boot loader unlocked, but I don't want to alter the system image to root. I've been doing the Android beta program and don't want to risk breaking one of those updates

You don't have to. After unlocking, flash TWRP using fastboot and then flash SuperSU. You can then run rooted programs like Network Signal Guru. Never have to modify your system image. That's what I'm doing. That way I can monitor CA.

• Like 2

You don't have to. After unlocking, flash TWRP using fastboot and then flash SuperSU. You can then run rooted programs like Network Signal Guru. Never have to modify your system image. That's what I'm doing. That way I can monitor CA.

Even on 7.1.1?

Even on 7.1.1?

I think you can use FlashFire (from Chainfire, the developer of SuperSU) to install the OTA. That will let it apply cleanly with root, and then reroot you after. But you should check the FlashFire thread if XDA just to be sure.

Sent from my Pixel XL

it's been awhile since I rooted, but flashing SuperSU from recovery placed the su binary and other files in /system or has that changed?

Perhaps I'm misreading LTE discovery. 54f610f3e37a95e865ca79e342fddcce.jpg

I thought the EARFCN channels and frequencies were the ranges, but now I'm thinking it's the two channels and this is showing CA.

Thoughts?

Perhaps I'm misreading LTE discovery. 54f610f3e37a95e865ca79e342fddcce.jpg

I thought the EARFCN channels and frequencies were the ranges, but now I'm thinking it's the two channels and this is showing CA.

Thoughts?

That's the channel/frequency range that your band 41 connection could be.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

That's the channel/frequency range that your band 41 connection could be.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

Reason I was thinking it was two different channels is the carriers are only 20mhz wide, the two frequencies listed are 194 Mhz apart