Google Nexus 6P by Huawei (was [Rumor] Huawei Nexus phone?)

jefbal99

Only specs I've really seen leaked are 5.7" screen and based on the unannounced "Mate 8" model.

From http://www.breathecast.com/articles/nexus-2015-rumors-news-leaked-video-reveals-specs-of-purported-2015-huawei-nexus-video-30407/

Recently, Hemmerstoffer uploaded a video featuring a prototype of the Huawei Ascend Mate 8. Latest rumors suggest that just like the 2015 LG Nexus will be inspired by the LG Nexus 5 from 2013, the upcoming Huawei Nexus smartphone is likely to be based on the yet to be released Mate 8 flagship. It is being rumored that the Chinese tech giant will unveil the Mate 8 smartphone at the IFA 2015 trade show in Berlin.
The purported Huawei Nexus smartphone features a USB Type-C connector at its bottom edge. The video also shows the display of the device for a couple of seconds. Speculation is rife that the device will pack a larger AMOLED display of 5.7 inches.
Meanwhile, Phone Arena reports that Samsung will manufacture the AMOLED screen of the 2015 Huawei Nexus phone. It is expected that the device will be powered by either a Snapdragon 810 or the upcoming Snapdragon 820 chipset together with 4 GB of RAM. It will run on Google's latest mobile operating system - Android M.

The Mate 7 had a 4100+mah battery, speculation is that this could have the same or bigger.

Anything passed through the FCC for a US and/or Sprint version that covers the Spark bands?  I'm in the market for a new phone this fall and will be going off contract, buying a Nexus.

• Like 1

This is the device I'm extremely interested in.  We no longer take part in the phone subsidy game and purchase devices out of pocket.  Was hoping this years (large) Nexus would have been the same size as last year, but 5.7" will work as well.  If true, that battery will be beastly with the battery sipping tweaks M utilizes.

I'm very interested in the 2015 Moto X Pure and the Huawei Nexus.  Both fit into the size I'm looking to get back to (i miss my old Note 2 so much).  I don't want to be tied to TouchWiz or carrier blaot any longer.  So sick of having to root and stay on the CM cutting edge to be current with the OS and security patching.

Hopefully the price point and full specs for the Mate 8 come out in early September so that Google will make their announcement shortly after.

• Like 1

I'm very interested in the 2015 Moto X Pure and the Huawei Nexus.  Both fit into the size I'm looking to get back to (i miss my old Note 2 so much).  I don't want to be tied to TouchWiz or carrier blaot any longer.  So sick of having to root and stay on the CM cutting edge to be current with the OS and security patching.

Hopefully the price point and full specs for the Mate 8 come out in early September so that Google will make their announcement shortly after.

Couldn't possibly agree with your post any more.  If the Huawei isn't up to snuff then I'll go with the Moto X Pure.  My preference is Nexus.  Due to my visual disability, I have to root and modify phones and the Nexus is the easiest to work with in that regard.  Looking forward to Huawei showing the Mate 8 off at IFA.  Thanks for the links.

• Like 1

Here are some rumored Specs for the Mate 8, this will obviously not be a Sprint Spark device ;)

http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_mate_8-7239.php

Here is a new render...

http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_mate_8_possibly_depicted_in_new_leaked_render-news-13482.php

• Like 1

I've been wanting to try a Nexus device. I don't have any experience with Huawei phones, but I'm willing give it a try if it has a Snapdragon 820 instead of their homegrown chipset (which might be great, but I'd rather stick with a known quantity in Qualcomm).

• Like 2

I've been wanting to try a Nexus device. I don't have any experience with Huawei phones, but I'm willing give it a try if it has a Snapdragon 820 instead of their homegrown chipset (which might be great, but I'd rather stick with a known quantity in Qualcomm).

I'd like to see it as well, but I am doubtful that it will have the 820.
  • Like 1

I'd like to see it as well, but I am doubtful that it will have the 820.

All of the rumors have it with a homebrew chipset, based on the Mate8.

The Mate7 had a Kirin too

Processor aside, if the Huawei handset supports CDMA2000, it will have a Qualcomm Snapdragon baseband.

AJ

• Like 1

Processor aside, if the Huawei handset supports CDMA2000, it will have a Qualcomm Snapdragon baseband.

AJ

Very true AJ, the CDMA IP that Qualcomm has still makes them some money ;)

There is a history of Nexus devices that don't support CDMA:

Nexus One

Nexus S (later updated to support CDMA/WiMax)

Galaxy Nexus (later updated to support CDMA/WiMax)

Nexus 4

With two Nexus devices rumored (refreshed Nexus 5 and this Huawei) I could see one of them not supporting CDMA.

Here is 8/8 tweet from evleak that appears to the the Mate8 that is supposedly the base for the Huawei Nexus

https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/630011009638498304

With two Nexus devices rumored (refreshed Nexus 5 and this Huawei) I could see one of them not supporting CDMA.

I am glad that you posted this.  You read my mind, as I thought about posting the same thing.  If we do get two Nexus handsets this fall, I would not be shocked if the smaller LG Nexus supported CDMA2000 but the larger Huawei Nexus did not.

AJ

• Like 2

I am glad that you posted this.  You read my mind, as I thought about posting the same thing.  If we do get two Nexus handsets this fall, I would not be shocked if the smaller LG Nexus supported CDMA2000 but the larger Huawei Nexus did not.

AJ

I'll be disappointed if that happens, however, the Moto X Pure is a great option too.  With the way Motorola is marketing it, it is essentially a Nexus device in that it has no bloat, carrier apps, locking, skins, etc.

I'll be disappointed if that happens, however, the Moto X Pure is a great option too.  With the way Motorola is marketing it, it is essentially a Nexus device in that it has no bloat, carrier apps, locking, skins, etc.

I have almost zero interest in the Huawei Nexus handset.  Huawei is too much of a Chinese wild card.  And because of the 2015 Moto X, my interest in the LG Nexus handset is not that great -- unless I decide the Moto X truly is too big.

AJ

I have almost zero interest in the Huawei Nexus handset.  Huawei is too much of a Chinese wild card.  And because of the 2015 Moto X, my interest in the LG Nexus handset is not that great -- unless I decide the Moto X truly is too big.

AJ

My own concern with the Moto X Pure is the RF performance.  From your review of the OET data, it was middle of the road.  I'm somewhat rural in West Michigan where cell site spacing is not the best.  With my S4T, Spring/Fall/Winter I get great LTE service, however, Summer is a bit spotty as tree foliage causes RF interference. 

I am glad that you posted this. You read my mind, as I thought about posting the same thing. If we do get two Nexus handsets this fall, I would not be shocked if the smaller LG Nexus supported CDMA2000 but the larger Huawei Nexus did not.

AJ

This would sadden me as my afflicted eyeballs need gynormous screen.

Food for thought... Wouldn't Google want their newest handsets to work with project fi? I would assume then that it would work with Sprints network. Just thinking out loud.

It could still use Project Fi without CDMA. Sprint and T-Mobile's LTE and GSM/HSPA+ fallback from T-Mobile.

Just a random thought.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 1

I have almost zero interest in the Huawei Nexus handset. Huawei is too much of a Chinese wild card. And because of the 2015 Moto X, my interest in the LG Nexus handset is not that great -- unless I decide the Moto X truly is too big.

AJ

I'm actually pretty excited about this phone. All the reviews I've read of the Mate 7 praise the build quality and everything you'd really be concerned about on the hardware side. Most of the criticism has been around the software tweaks, which would be nullified by this being a Nexus device. If it comes out, supports Sprint, and has anything like the battery life/build quality of the Mate 7 along with a slightly better camera and solid RF performance, I will be pretty stoked about it.

Speaking of RF performance, any idea when we might expect to see this and the supposed LG Nexus successor come through the FCC?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of new image leaks

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/08/24/more-images-of-the-huawei-nexus-angler-leak-showing-off-usb-type-c-port-and-snapdragon-810/

With a SnapDragon 810?  Didn't those have overheating issues?  I thought this was going to have a homebrew processor

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/08/24/possible-photos-of-huaweis-angler-5-7-inch-nexus-phone-appear-on-google/

Still nothing through the FCC :/

Food for thought... Wouldn't Google want their newest handsets to work with project fi? I would assume then that it would work with Sprints network. Just thinking out loud.

But then it loses the coverage of the Sprint 3G network. Sprint's LTE isn't everywhere unfortunately and losing that dependable 3G connection would definitely make Project Fi lose it's appeal for me.

Probably a fake leak but it isnt TERRIBLE looking to me at least. It just looks like they slimmed the phone down as much as possible. Makes me wonder how good of a camera that will be..

Still leaning towards the LG Nexus 5 after seeing this though.