Wimax site usage after shutdown

signalchaser

The WiMax countdown clock has been added to the Front Page of the Forums.  It's even in "Clear" Green.  Will begin a Sponsor the clock raffle soon!

• Like 6

I feel like I should experience WiMAX one last time.  But, nah, it is not gonna happen.

AJ

WiMax speeds are great currently and the tower that I am using was congested but it seems to "clear" up and I am pulling 10MB down. Not bad for the old network, up from 5-6MB down before.

WiMax speeds are great currently and the tower that I am using was congested but it seems to "clear" up and I am pulling 10MB down. Not bad for the old network, up from 5-6MB down before.

Yeah, it will likely get better and better, right up until the end.  Just one month from now.

Definitely bittersweet.

• Like 1

The end is nigh.  The streets are nearly empty.  Most of the natives have packed up and moved elsewhere.  Those left are cowering with fear and huddling in churches.

AJ

• Like 1

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/10/prweb13006531.htm

Quote: "Beginning immediately, Kajeet will partner with school districts to trade-in unusable WiMAX devices obtained from other companies in exchange for Kajeet SmartSpot devices. Districts will need to confirm their service is on the WiMAX network with another company, and Kajeet will provide a new free SmartSpot for each received device, as well as low-price LTE service on the nation’s largest wireless network."

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

is there any news on the protection sites? Or is it delayed because of the shutdown not being complete yet?

No news.  We probably will not have any more news until the WiMAX court order expires or gets extended.

In the meantime, do not have a massive attack.  Or do have a Massive Attack.  You have "Protection."

AJ

So does anyone have access to Wimax since the network is still up or is it only working for the parties that are part of the court case?

Check other relevant threads here at S4GRU.  Some still have been able to access WiMAX.  Others have not.  It is mixed.

AJ

I was driving a couple of days on CA-87 in the Downtown San Jose area and my good old Evo4G got 12MB down and 1.5MB up during heavy traffic. I'm still enjoying WiMax as long the system is on air and FreedomPOP is unable to meter WiMax data. Thank you Sprint, this reminds me the good old days of a BoostBerry!

• Like 2