Samsung Galaxy Note 5 & Edge+ Rumor Thread

lilotimz

I was all excited for thth note but this rf thing is making step back. I can't believe it didn't scorbetter..

I'm completely "meh" too. No USB C (or even 3.0), no 4K screen for VR. Lack of an SD card can be made up by the 128GB storage option, but in total it just seems to be a worse RF performing Note 4 with CA.

Wait and see

My S6 have better reception than my wife's Note4.  The ERP/EIRP is an indicator but does not always match real world result

Wait and see

My S6 have better reception than my wife's Note4.  The ERP/EIRP is an indicator but does not always match real world result

The S6 I used had absolutely horrible reception compared to my note 4. It was 5 DBm worse across everything, so I returned it.

• Like 1

Wait and see

Your Galaxy S6 may have better reception, but it does not have better transmission.  That is what the ERP/EIRP figures show, and they do not lie.

AJ

• Like 1

Your Galaxy S6 may have better reception, but it does not have better transmission.  That is what the ERP/EIRP figures show, and they do not lie.

AJ

That means the tower can't "hear" the phone as well at cell edge correct? so that mean the phone would drop from B41 to B25 to B26 faster, but as long as the tower can still "hear" the phone the performance should be similar correct?

Does that mean a N4 may still be hanging onto B41 with a -120db RSRP where the the S6/N5 will drop to B25 at about -115db.  but if the S6 have slightly better reception in my case (about 5-10db better on B41) that may mean it basically cancel out each other.  chicken or the egg of either the phone can't hear the tower first or the tower can't her the phone first?

I should take some Side by Side cell edge vid to compare the N4 vs the S6... wonder if I know anyone with a IP6 to compare the 3 together.

• 2 weeks later...

Are we thinking these will be available on 8/13? I picked up an S6 edge the other day. I like the software, but I'm undecided on the hardware. Battery life sucks, but I knew that going in. The curved parts of the screen look funny for normal content. The phone is somewhat uncomfortable to hold (sharp), but I may just need to get used to it.

Thinking about returning it for the regular S6, or grabbing the Note 5 if it's launching before my return period is over.

The Samsung I was hoping would be a nice upgrade potentionally for a large format screen and updated CA chipset but being a puffier version of the s6/s6 edge is not the direction I like. The Note 4 is an awesome design. But was't enough for me to upgrade to and Samsung RF performance has been quite suspect with there switch to metal and now glass in addition... This should look better in White. But this is not a design step forward as other Note devices have been on some fundamental level.

So i got to play with both phones today. They were pretty nice but in my opinion the note with its glass back and metal body is a big GS6 and the obviously the edge plus is just a big GS6 edge. They honestly looked identical except the note has curved glass edges on the back and the edge has curved glass on the front.

• Like 1

So i got to play with both phones today. They were pretty nice but in my opinion the note with its glass back and metal body is a big GS6 and the obviously the edge plus is just a big GS6 edge. They honestly looked identical except the note has curved glass edges on the back and the edge has curved glass on the front.

Sooooo were they fast? Were you impressed?

Are you going to pass on it?

• Like 1

Sooooo were they fast? Were you impressed?

Are you going to pass on it?

I thought they were pretty snappy, they weren't live though so i couldnt test signal. Our Samsung rep brought them by. I don't have an upgrade but i am hoping to get selected as a samsung advocate so if i can a free one I certainly will use it. [emoji2]
  • Like 1

I thought they were pretty snappy, they weren't live though so i couldnt test signal. Our Samsung rep brought them by. I don't have an upgrade but i am hoping to get selected as a samsung advocate so if i can a free one I certainly will use it. [emoji2]

Performance comparable to a S6 you think?

The S6 edge + is a looker in white! But so many compromises and that price! The software is pretty cool though!

Just pre-ordered a Galaxy S6 Edge+ 64GB Black for Sprint. I'm a sucker. ;) They opened their pre-order process a bit early, so I had to! Will let you all know what I think of it once it arrives.

• Like 2

Did anyone notice on the features page for both of these devices that it only mentions 3G and LTE but does not say Spark? Maybe Sprint is about to do something else with the name or maybe someone mucked up the spec listing.

Did anyone notice on the features page for both of these devices that it only mentions 3G and LTE but does not say Spark? Maybe Sprint is about to do something else with the name or maybe someone mucked up the spec listing.

Yeah, there are several errors on the listing page. I'm sure it's because it's newly and hastily listed - another example, picture shows only white model (whether you select gold or black), even though white isn't even available. Also, display portion talks about sound. I wouldn't worry about it not support all three Sprint LTE bands - I'm sure it does.

Yeah, there are several errors on the listing page. I'm sure it's because it's newly and hastily listed - another example, picture shows only white model (whether you select gold or black), even though white isn't even available. Also, display portion talks about sound. I wouldn't worry about it not support all three Sprint LTE bands - I'm sure it does.

I know it does but would the average consumer know?

Considering Tim posted a comprehensive article about both of these devices chronicling their B41 performance, which is not great, I'd not worry too much about a Sprint page omitting Spark branding.