Jeff68005

How Soon to upgrade Lollipop 5.1?

Android 5.1 ..To upgrade or not to upgrade ... That is the question.  

15 members have voted

1. 1. When you have the chance, will you upgrade to Lollipop 5.1

• Immediately
    • Wait a few days.
    • See what others experience .. you'll wait a while.
    • Give it a month or two ... see what else it screws up.
    • Don't think so.
    • Wait for new device .. deal with it then.

Jeff68005    1,085

How Soon to upgrade Lollipop 5.1?

The question applies to whatever you have that can upgrade.... it is NOT limited to a particular device.

awsum gam3r    56

If you root your phone, then upgrade and root 5.1.. If you can.

P_M_G    374

Immediately for me means as soon as Team BadBoyz on XDA gets it into their ROM. Might give Viper a look see as well.

leozno1    227

I think in any case, 5.1 should perform better than 5.0-5.0.2, at least that's the hope. So I'll be upgrading as soon as the OTA is available tonight.

Deval    2,869

Updated all of my M9s today, seem more snapper, and I love the do not disturb options.

Haven't noticed any other major improvements, will play around with the camera later.

Jeff68005    1,085

The same SCP displayed info still DROPS into CDMA  (i.e.   1x800 or worse) remain.  Interestingly many LTE info made it into the SCP logs with both 5.02 and the upgrade.

More interestingly  LTE Discovery IS showing both the LTE and the undesired CDMA info.  Comparing the info shown, the LTE info seems to match up with known good data.