nexuss4g

Moto X 2015 "Pure Edition" [users thread]

jefbal99    1,389

So I've been back on the MXPE for 24 hours and I love and hate it ;)  I remember all the good things about the phone, used miracast last night for netflix, etc.  Man to I miss fingerprint auth on the Nexus 6P, typing passwords sucks.  I also miss Oreo, this thing is good with Nougat, but Oreo with the fill in API would allow Last Pass to pre-populate PWs for me.

nexuss4g    149
2 hours ago, jefbal99 said:

So I've been back on the MXPE for 24 hours and I love and hate it ;)  I remember all the good things about the phone, used miracast last night for netflix, etc.  Man to I miss fingerprint auth on the Nexus 6P, typing passwords sucks.  I also miss Oreo, this thing is good with Nougat, but Oreo with the fill in API would allow Last Pass to pre-populate PWs for me.

Do you have a miracast dongle ? When I use miracast on my Moto X using the amazon stick the screen keeps on. while playing video. I switched to chromecast, the user experience is way better. Im curious on the application.

jefbal99    1,389
22 minutes ago, nexuss4g said:

Do you have a miracast dongle ? When I use miracast on my Moto X using the amazon stick the screen keeps on. while playing video. I switched to chromecast, the user experience is way better. Im curious on the application.

Both of my TVs natively support miracast, I look for that in a television, so I stick to Samsung and LG.  I don't have high speed internet at home, so I use my mobile data to stream, then miracast to have it on the big screen :)

nexuss4g    149
4 hours ago, jefbal99 said:

Both of my TVs natively support miracast, I look for that in a television, so I stick to Samsung and LG.  I don't have high speed internet at home, so I use my mobile data to stream, then miracast to have it on the big screen :)

Makes sense

• Like 1

jefbal99    1,389
14 hours ago, nexuss4g said:

Makes sense

Definitely something that I have missed the last year with the Nexus 6P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• PROGRESSIVE RAFFLE
    FOR AN iPHONE 8

iphonexiphone8.jpg

WHICH CAN PROGRESS TO AN iPHONE 8+ OR AN iPHONE X
    **or an Android device of equal or lesser value**

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By nexuss4g
      Network bands (by model)
      4G LTE (Cat11 DL, Cat5 UL)
      CDMA / EVDO Rev A
      UMTS / HSPA+
      GSM / EDGE
      2G: GSM band 2/3/5/8
      CDMA BC 0/1/10
      3G: WCDMA band 1/2/4/5/8
      4G: FDD LTE band 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/13/17/20/25/26/28/66
      TDD LTE band 38/41

https://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-x-gen-4

• By haasbat
      Not sure if this has come up elsewhere, regarding the Moto X/M leak a few weeks ago (just move it if it has), but I can't seem to find any information on the SOC that is being reported. Only thing I seem to find is that it's Cat-6 compatible, but it doesn't appear that this chipset is used in any existing Sprint phones (or other US phone, seems only to be overseas) to get an idea of how well the radios work and what the connectivity would be like.

https://gfxbench.com/device.jsp?benchmark=gfx40&os=Android&api=gl&D=Motorola+XT1663&testgroup=info

Obviously, it would only have 2-band CA as well as other limitations, but do we have anything comparable to this to give us an idea if we should be watching for a mid-range phone that will be hitting above its weight class? Or should we all just suck it up and go with the next Nexus and the Snapdragon 82X? I'm really gunning for the 4.6" Moto, but if the reception is lacking (whether LTE or WiFi), or it's not Sprint LTE Plus compatible, I'd rather just not waste my time. I'm still rocking my 2013 Moto X, I just really wish it were LTE Plus at this point, with a little bit better RAM management.
    • By nexuss4g
      The Moto G also unlocked with full Sprint support

Moto G—XT1625
      CDMA (850, 1900 MHz)
      GSM / GPRS / EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
      UMTS / HSPA+ (850, 900, 1700, 1900, 2100 MHz)
      4G LTE (B1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 25, 26, 41)
      Band coverage varies by model, country, and carrier.

http://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-g
    • By Geesmill
      Verge video on Moto's new headquarters and the upcoming 360 wearable.

• The 123 subway station at Penn Station finally has B41. Its from the Transit wireless DAS but in the past it only had B25 LTE. Nice to see more B41 lighting up underground. I'm going to check the ACE side sometime this week as well. 
    • I'd just wonder how long it would take to get the networks to mesh.  How integrated would they need to be to have seemless handoffs, especially with voice.  Then how long will this integration take to get to that point. That's if they even integrate networks. Maybe they could say just point Sprint's equipment to TMobile's servers, push some updates and be integrated.  Not knowing a thing about how their networks work, this is the grey area and the area I'd be concerned with.  For data, I can see just open up bands to each others customers, retransmit requests/packets if hopping networks.  But not sure that will go well for VoLTE.  Plus there could be a lot of lost packets which wouldn't be good for a lot of services.  I'd imagine at first say as a Sprint customer I would be able to use the TMobile network, but when the phone scans it would scan for Sprint channels first then scan for TMobile if it can't find Sprint.  
    • Apparently the MiniMacros was an actual order placement.  But I don't know how long of a period a time this order is for.
    • Hmm makes sense kinda, I've noticed my battery has tanked a lot myself. Probably going to disable it and see if it makes a difference.