Moto X 2015 "Pure Edition" [users thread]

nexuss4g

Well so far it's awesome, way snappier than I though it would be. But should I give the cutting if the sum card down or wait and get the right one tomorrow?

Sent from a Note 4

Cutting the card won't work. U need a specific one with a specific numerical. Same one as the HTC m9 for example.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So far the phone is fast, not just new but I can type with out it lagging. Also battery seems good so far. Haven't went to get a sim yet store opens in 30 mins. Had it off charger since about 8am it's 11:30am and it's at 88% that's with downloading some apps I missed last night and some music from Google play music to the phone when I'm not in cell range at work.

• Like 1

Got the phone activated and it's sweet. One question though on signal check pro I don't see what band I'm on? Is that normal? Just curious what I was on.

Make sure I have the latest version. Mines shows ok. It could also be u have it off in the settings.

Force closes and restarted and works perfect. I thought something was up but nope just sprint being slow. Now I'm trying to hunt down a sleeve to put it in while my otterbox is on the way.

Edited by ghostkilla1388

Half way through my first real day if use, off charge at 3:30am it's 10:45am and have 75% left while roaming not bad. Haven't been on it much though. Although just looking at the battery screen it kinda looks like it dozed for my hour ride to GA, just in my pocket on a bouncy work truck. One thing I haven't found yet is notification volume? It seems a little quiet to me right now. Might be louder once I get it in a case and not just in my pocket.

Well off charge at 3:30am this morning, was roaming in GA for most of the time. So 16 hours plus battery on first charge and in bad signal no wifi. A little over 2hr 20min of sot. At 3% left now at 7:40pm not to bad, old phone would have been at 10% around 5pm. Loving this phone

• Like 1

It appears that Sprint might be the hold up on getting the Feb 1 Android security updates for the Moto X Pure Edition.  If you are still hanging out on the 6.0 Nov 1 security update, try the following:

1. Turn Off MXPE
  2. Remove SIM
  3. Boot up
  4. Connect to Wifi
  5. Check for update
  6. Install update
  7. Allow Android to fully boot (app optimization)
  8. Shut down
  9. install SIM
  10. Reboot to Feb Security updates

Why the heck is Sprint holding this up?

I downloaded it last night will check, my other phone would say b25 b26 etc.

If the Android OS doesn't pull the GCI properly and provide it to SCP, then the band is not displayed.  It comes and goes for me, depending on signal strength, towers I'm bouncing off of, etc.  No true rhyme or reason

Well a issue popped up, phone worked fine all day then after I got home I got a call from someone in California, don't know anyone there so I left it ring, after the call I locked the screen. Picked it up 10 mins later and had no signal at all. No LTE,3g, or voice. Airplane mode toggle and got 3g/ voice back after waiting 20mins. It's went out and come back 3 times since then (around 4:45pm when it started) my dad has a note 5 on sprint and his signal is fine. I checked my engineering screens to verify LTE is enabled and all bands. Don't know what's going on.

Phones back to normal as of this morning, must have been a sprint thing on there end. But a question, a friend of mine has a pure also and on sprint but he wants to know can you swap in a att/T-Mobile sim, and after doing what ever just pop his sprint sim back in with out calling sprint or going online to do anything? Thanks.

Phones back to normal as of this morning, must have been a sprint thing on there end. But a question, a friend of mine has a pure also and on sprint but he wants to know can you swap in a att/T-Mobile sim, and after doing what ever just pop his sprint sim back in with out calling sprint or going online to do anything? Thanks.

Yes you can

• Like 1

Thanks, I'll let him know. Don't know why he wants to constantly swap out seems like to much Hassel for me. Since I have a otterbox atleast.

Might be a coverage thing or a work thing.  Perhaps he uses Sprint for the unlimited data where he has good coverage, but travels to the sticks and needs at&t coverage.  Maybe work gives him a t-mobile or at&t sim that he needs to use.  Lots of variables and this phone is very universal for all US carriers :)

• Like 1