Moto X 2015 "Pure Edition" [users thread]

nexuss4g

So I've been back on the MXPE for 24 hours and I love and hate it ;)  I remember all the good things about the phone, used miracast last night for netflix, etc.  Man to I miss fingerprint auth on the Nexus 6P, typing passwords sucks.  I also miss Oreo, this thing is good with Nougat, but Oreo with the fill in API would allow Last Pass to pre-populate PWs for me.

2 hours ago, jefbal99 said:

So I've been back on the MXPE for 24 hours and I love and hate it ;)  I remember all the good things about the phone, used miracast last night for netflix, etc.  Man to I miss fingerprint auth on the Nexus 6P, typing passwords sucks.  I also miss Oreo, this thing is good with Nougat, but Oreo with the fill in API would allow Last Pass to pre-populate PWs for me.

Do you have a miracast dongle ? When I use miracast on my Moto X using the amazon stick the screen keeps on. while playing video. I switched to chromecast, the user experience is way better. Im curious on the application.

22 minutes ago, nexuss4g said:

Do you have a miracast dongle ? When I use miracast on my Moto X using the amazon stick the screen keeps on. while playing video. I switched to chromecast, the user experience is way better. Im curious on the application.

Both of my TVs natively support miracast, I look for that in a television, so I stick to Samsung and LG.  I don't have high speed internet at home, so I use my mobile data to stream, then miracast to have it on the big screen :)

4 hours ago, jefbal99 said:

Both of my TVs natively support miracast, I look for that in a television, so I stick to Samsung and LG.  I don't have high speed internet at home, so I use my mobile data to stream, then miracast to have it on the big screen :)

Makes sense

• Like 1

@nexuss4g  PLEASE let us know how Nougat goes.  The Lollipop update made my 1st Gen Moto X much less enjoyable (WiFi and BT drop outs).  I'm going to hold out as long as possible before mistakenly accepting the update. 

I wonder if I should go back to the clean update that I gleamed I should do on the above mentioned Gen ! update.

I was on the Test Drive on Nougat all summer, using my device as Wifi only with a cracked screen.  Battery life isn't as great marshmellow, but still acceptable.  I've been using the phone as my daily driver for a week now and its preformed very well.  Only real issue I have is BT seems to break up more easily than my Nexus 6P.  I have to keep the phone on my left side if its in a pocket or the audio gets choppy.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, buyhevs said:

@nexuss4g  PLEASE let us know how Nougat goes.  The Lollipop update made my 1st Gen Moto X much less enjoyable (WiFi and BT drop outs).  I'm going to hold out as long as possible before mistakenly accepting the update. 

I wonder if I should go back to the clean update that I gleamed I should do on the above mentioned Gen ! update.

I been on Nougat for 2 days now, I have not seen any issues, I really hate the new notifications bar and the settings toggle when swiping down. The phone seems a bit snappier, the old messaging app (green icon) was replaced with messages which I was already using. I will install Android for Work later during the day to put my work email and apps to see how it works, I removed it as I wanted to disconnect from work. Can't really tell about battery life as my phones battery is in really bad shape. Have to plug it in every 4 hours. Seems to me that Nougat was just a under the hood update honestly, I have not seen anything new that has wow me yet. Split screen is a nice addition. Oh and new emoji, finally get emojis from my iphone friends but really hate the new ones.  Personal opinion, the older emojis display more emotion and used to look cool, the new ones look  like apple or on the iphone.

2 hours ago, jefbal99 said:

I was on the Test Drive on Nougat all summer, using my device as Wifi only with a cracked screen.  Battery life isn't as great marshmellow, but still acceptable.  I've been using the phone as my daily driver for a week now and its preformed very well.  Only real issue I have is BT seems to break up more easily than my Nexus 6P.  I have to keep the phone on my left side if its in a pocket or the audio gets choppy.

Where you part of the Motorola Network something something? I cant recall the correct/exact name.

• Like 1