Moto X 2015 "Pure Edition" [users thread]

nexuss4g

Decided to open up a thread to discuss the Moto X 2015, as there have been a few leaks of the third generation phone. Do you guys think Sprint will carry it this year? Are you guys waiting for it? what features do you want to see in this new phone?

Just FYI, this thread may get shut down.  If Sprint carries the 2015 Moto X, it will be a major device.  And S4GRU has an unwritten policy now that a certain staff member preemptively creates threads for major devices so that staff have reserved the top one or two posts.

AJ

I miss my Moto X 2014.  Although the Nexus 6 is working for me, the Moto X is not just better sized.  It's a better device.  I miss getting the time from my device without fumbling for a power button.

I would love a Moto X 2015 on Sprint that was unlocked and supported all the CCA/RRPP bands.

• Like 7

I miss my Moto X 2014. Although the Nexus 6 is working for me, the Moto X is not just better sized. It's a better device. I miss getting the time from my device without fumbling for a power button.

I would love a Moto X 2015 on Sprint that was unlocked and supported all the CCA/RRPP bands.

So a 2015 nexus 5? I'd take either/or because as great a phone as the m9 is I frankly am pining for a next generation n5.

Just FYI, this thread may get shut down.  If Sprint carries the 2015 Moto X, it will be a major device.  And S4GRU has an unwritten policy now that a certain staff member preemptively creates threads for major devices so that staff have reserved the top one or two posts.

AJ

maxresdefault.jpg

72c61b2378df74330ae69f7732d1115de0dd6f1c

• Like 3

Superman no here

More importantly, COZisBack no here.  Where he when we need him?  That the problem.

AJ

• Like 1

I just want Sprint to carry it.  I dont mind battery life as I always carry my battery pack. and screen 5.2 in

Need to upgrade my Moto X 2013, need something stock (not the nexus 6) or nearly stock as the moto x 

Not really a fan of apple or samsung phones.

The Moto X 2014 battery life is pretty good to me, after coming from the Nexus 5.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

Moto X 2013 has good battery life as well whenever good reception is available. I unplug at 4am and plug it in around 8pm with 15% battery life left.

• 2 weeks later...

Have past MotoX's had unlockable bootloader (official from Motorola)? I've decided my next phone must offer this so I am already planning on going with a 2015 Nexus. However, I got to play with a 2014 MotoX and it is a splendid phone, so I could definitely consider a 2015 model as a close competitor.

Have past MotoX's had unlockable bootloader (official from Motorola)? I've decided my next phone must offer this so I am already planning on going with a 2015 Nexus. However, I got to play with a 2014 MotoX and it is a splendid phone, so I could definitely consider a 2015 model as a close competitor.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/87215/session/L3RpbWUvMTQzNjc4ODUwOS9zaWQvZXFrOEVmcm0%3D

Sent from my Tab 4

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I like the front facing flash potential:

http://phandroid.com/2015/07/22/new-alleged-photos-of-the-moto-x-3rd-gen-have-leaked-out/

sent from an underwater dust storm from my Sprint S5

The last time I saw someone flash from the front, they were arrested. So be careful with that. ;)

Using Tapatalk on Nexus 6

• Like 6

The last time I saw someone flash from the front, they were arrested. So be careful with that. ;)

Milk, milk, lemonade.  The other side is where fudge is made.

AJ

I rarely agree with the Verge on many of their opinions, but this is spot on

http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/24/9031015/moto-x-2015-android-camera

Moto's relevancy in the high end market will heavily depend on this next Moto X's camera. It harpooned HTC's otherwise great phone and is the only thing selling G4 units (albeit slowly). Look forward to seeing what Moto has next week.

sent from an underwater dust storm from my Sprint S5

Another Rumor hype article on specs: 

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/07/27/rumor-moto-x-3rd-gen-to-feature-3600mah-battery-21mp-camera-microsd-slot/

"According to a post of theirs to G+ this morning, the new Moto X (3rd gen) could sport a 5.5-inch FHD display (1080p), 21MP rear camera, 5MP front camera, microSD slot, Android 5.1.1, Snapdragon 808, and a whopping 3600mAh battery. Boom."

I'm interested to see what tomorrow brings.  That 21MP sensor better be F1.9 and have OIS.  

• Like 1

Another Rumor hype article on specs:

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/07/27/rumor-moto-x-3rd-gen-to-feature-3600mah-battery-21mp-camera-microsd-slot/

"According to a post of theirs to G+ this morning, the new Moto X (3rd gen) could sport a 5.5-inch FHD display (1080p), 21MP rear camera, 5MP front camera, microSD slot, Android 5.1.1, Snapdragon 808, and a whopping 3600mAh battery. Boom."

I'm interested to see what tomorrow brings. That 21MP sensor better be F1.9 and have OIS.

If those are the specs, it's an insta buy for me. Is the 808 3x20 CA ready? Regardless, I know it'll be 2x CA ready.

Sent from my M8

• Like 2

If those are the specs, it's an insta buy for me. Is the 808 3x20 CA ready? Regardless, I know it'll be 2x CA ready.

Sent from my M8

Not for me.  I was hoping for a 5.0 - 5.2 inch display.