Am I the only one here that has an Apple Watch?

ZebraDude

• 3 weeks later...

OK I admit I've had one since early June.

All in all I like it.

I use it for notifications of messages, email and news apps.

Saves using the iPhone and the iPhone battery life is much greater as a result.

In addition to ApplePay I also like Shazam which is much easier to use than on the iPhone.

I do look forward it Apple Watch OS2 and native apps. 

I think that will really open up it's capabilities.

I have the Stainless 42mm version. I had the Classic Buckle but swapped it for

Black Leather Loop as it offers finer size adjustment.

Bottom line for me is "Thumbs Up".

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I am debating about getting an apple watch. Most likely when the 2nd Gen comes out. I have a fitbit charge hr but unfortunately, I am one of the few people that gets a skin abrasion or little rash from the bands. I will have to look up the material to see if the apple watch will cause the same discomfort. 

I am debating about getting an apple watch. Most likely when the 2nd Gen comes out. I have a fitbit charge hr but unfortunately, I am one of the few people that gets a skin abrasion or little rash from the bands. I will have to look up the material to see if the apple watch will cause the same discomfort. 

The nice thing is the Apple Watch comes in many configurations. I own one and really enjoy it. 

• Like 1

Every time I read the subject of this thread, I always want to answer...Yes, in response.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• Like 1

I want to get one...next gen.

Even if Apple doesn't add a camera (don't want/need one), extended battery life would be key, and perhaps slightly cheaper? *fingers crossed*

I want to get one...next gen.

Even if Apple doesn't add a camera (don't want/need one), extended battery life would be key, and perhaps slightly cheaper? *fingers crossed*

for me battery life is not a problem, by the end of the night i have 50-55 percent left, it won't make it two days of normal usage for me tho... But I am happy with battery life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought Android wear needed an Android Phone?

I opted to get a Galaxy S6 so I could better immerse myself in Android. I can't design apps for Android if I don't know the ins-and-outs of the OS.

It sits at my desk, with call forwarding to my iPhone. :)

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I wonder just how much will be changed between the two devices to make a difference?

With Apple, there will be that one new great thing that is not backwards compatible with the previous version.  That's Apple's track record recently.

With Apple, there will be that one new great thing that is not backwards compatible with the previous version.  That's Apple's track record recently.

But when you consider something like a watch, especially going from Gen 1 to Gen 1.5, and Apple's usual MO of fixing customer complaint items, the only things that would change would be battery capacity and screen resolution.

Actually really happy with my AWS.

Unless they are going to add DAYS onto the battery capacity, I have no complaints.  I put it on first thing in the morning, and take it off last thing before I go to bed - I dont think it has ever fallen below 25%.  Have had it on since 5am this morning, and its now 10:20pm, and I am sitting at 40%.  That includes a 30 minute run as well.

Currently really the only thing that would make me ditch this version and get a 'new' version is if Apple ever came through with the rumors back in the day about blood glucose readings.  Type 1 Diabetic here - that type of technology would be a game changer.  Sounds as if it wont happen now - too much FDA related stuff apparently.  

Anyway - point being I like my Apple Watch Sport much much more than I ever thought I would.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Before the end of this week I'll own an Apple Watch Sport gold 42mm. I'll stick with the midnight blue sport band until I get this watch paid off and then buy the royal blue.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6s Plus 128GB using Tapatalk

• Like 1