Am I the only one here that has an Apple Watch?

ZebraDude

Am I the only one here that has an Apple Watch?

If anyone else has one I love to hear how they feel about it?

I don't have one but I'm seriously considering getting one. I messed with one at the Apple store yesterday and really liked it. What do you think of yours?

-Anthony

I don't have one but I'm seriously considering getting one. I messed with one at the Apple store yesterday and really liked it. What do you think of yours?

-Anthony

I just received mine last Wednesday. I have a sport model that I put in a lunaTik case and band combo (no one knows its an Apple Watch)!  

I am really liking it I think that Apple Pay on a watch is a Killer feature! The App loading time has improved with the new firmware 1.0.1. I am finding quite a few of the apps I use have cool Watch Apps!

:)

• Like 1

I just received mine last Wednesday. I have a sport model that I put in a lunaTik case and band combo (no one knows its an Apple Watch)!

I am really liking it I think that Apple Pay on a watch is a Killer feature! The App loading time has improved with the new firmware 1.0.1. I am finding quite a few of the apps I use have cool Watch Apps!

:)

Well that's great! I'm planning on getting a sport model too. I'm also really looking forward to native Watch apps later this year, so load times will be even better.

-Anthony

• Like 1

What is the advantage in having this Apple watch when your phone does the same thing (mostly)? A cell phone on my wrist? Just doesn't seem like something I would ever even at all want, let alone need. But...I'm open to being wrong. I'm curious..do you really find it useful? Do you enjoy it? I wanna know!

What is the advantage in having this Apple watch when your phone does the same thing (mostly)? A cell phone on my wrist? Just doesn't seem like something I would ever even at all want, let alone need. But...I'm open to being wrong. I'm curious..do you really find it useful? Do you enjoy it? I wanna know!

This is the 100,000.00 question!

I am a developer so I wanted one to deploy and test apps on it! Right now it is a quick and easy way to access the quick information that you might not want to pull out a really big phone to see. It is more discreet as people are offended when you pay attention to your phone a quick glance to the watch is much easier to palate for some people.

the killer app on the Apple Watch for people with older phones as the watch gives you Apple Pay.

This is the 100,000.00 question!

I am a developer so I wanted one to deploy and test apps on it! Right now it is a quick and easy way to access the quick information that you might not want to pull out a really big phone to see. It is more discreet as people are offended when you pay attention to your phone a quick glance to the watch is much easier to palate for some people.

the killer app on the Apple Watch for people with older phones as the watch gives you Apple Pay.

I'm getting an Apple Watch for design & development, too. Company paid, so I gotta wait. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Well I want one for a couple of reasons. The first is I'm a techie who always wants to have the latest and greatest pieces of tech. The second is I've always loved watches, and I've always liked the idea of smart-watches that connect to your phone, but I've been waiting for Apple to make one that is designed specifically for the iPhone (because I'm not overly fond of the many smart-watches that are already on the market). I like the convenience of being able to just glance at the watch instead of having to take my phone out of my pocket, and I like the idea of not having to worry about missing notifications when I decide to walk away from my phone, because I'll just get them on the watch instead.

-Anthony

• Like 2

My wife has one and loves it. She came from and expected the functionality of a fitness tracker and text/call notification device. When looking at it like that it's a damn expensive device, but she was never totally happy with the other options on the market. A lot did one area well but never really combined every feature she wanted in the overall package. Those that did were pretty manly looking and she had no interest in sporting those on her wrist.

w9cfo9.jpg

AJ

• Like 3

I had the chance to spend a few hours with a sport version last weekend. Overall not impressed compared to my Zenwatch.

How are you guys doing on battery life? All I heard from the owner of the one I used is that he barely makes it a day, and he is by no means a power user on his phone so I wouldn't expect too many notifications being pushed.

How are you guys doing on battery life? All I heard from the owner of the one I used is that he barely makes it a day, and he is by no means a power user on his phone so I wouldn't expect too many notifications being pushed.

My wife said she's usually in the 20-40% range when she plugs it in at night. Her day always consists of a workout for 30 to 90 minutes, so I suppose that's why there is often a 20% difference in charge. Between that and all the text/FB notifications she gets all day, it seems pretty good to me.

• Like 1

My buddy has the sport version, and I tinkered with it for a bit. It does have a cool factor, but it doesn't seem practical to me. It's nice having smaller, quicker versions of some apps (he was ordering uber cars with it lightning fast), and the text/reminder/calendar notifications are nice since some mechanism actually taps your wrist instead of a vibration (I have a problem with missing notifications in louder environments with my phone in my pocket). I also liked some of the watch faces, and how it lights up when you turn your wrist to check the time, then turns off when you turn your wrist back to normal. I'm probably going to skip it because of the cost. The only one that appeals to me is the all black watch with the black metal link band. $1099 is just nuts for a wrist device, and I've only worn a watch like 3 times in my life, so...

Sent from my iPhone 6

• Like 1

My wife said she's usually in the 20-40% range when she plugs it in at night. Her day always consists of a workout for 30 to 90 minutes, so I suppose that's why there is often a 20% difference in charge. Between that and all the text/FB notifications she gets all day, it seems pretty good to me.

Yeah I get about 250-300 notifications a day to my phone, literally every one from my phone. My ZenWatch is at 60-65% at the end of the night, and I can usually get 3 days of use out of it roughly.
  • Like 3

I have the 42mm Apple Watch Stainless steel. I received it on April 24th and it has met my expectations so far. The biggest benefit to me is that the battery life on my phone has increased by 20-30%, since I now view all my notifications and use apple pay on my watch. It also eliminated the need to wear an UP Band. Besides that it nice to be able to check the weather, stocks, Twitter etc. without having to take my phone out of my pocket.

I know some think it is over priced, but the design, build and functionality warrents the price IMO. If your someone who never wears a watch I understand the hesitation. However, if you wear/collect watches I suggest entertaining the idea. Especially for power phone users!

I had the chance to spend a few hours with a sport version last weekend. Overall not impressed compared to my Zenwatch.

I am having the opposite experience. My phone lasts me a whole day. My phone will have between 15-20% and my watch has about 30% battery life before I put them to charge at night (around 9:30). I know everyone is having mixed experiences with the Apple Watch, which is unfortunate.

I think the design is ok, however 1) I gave up watches when I was a teenager, and 2) until they can make a smart watch last at least week with moderate use, I won't bother (with any brand).

I wasted a bunch of money on google glass, which arguably is a better experience (while perhaps off putting to others), but the battery life was miserable if you used it much more than a few minutes.

Heck I'm still waiting for smart phones to last at least a week, so I guess I will be without a smart watch for the foreseeable future.

• 3 weeks later...

I've met exactly one person who owns an Apple Watch, and observing her for about 15 minutes really showed the need to "force" oneself to use the watch, to justify the expense of it. She was responding to a customer text message, and used the voice feature and brought her wrist up to her mouth to send a message, instead of typing it. I timed the total time of interaction, and there was almost NO difference in replying to a text or sending a voice message.

I own a Moto 360 now, and can't justify spending more than $200 on a watch. Especially one that gets bounced around and roughed up depending on your job.

• Like 1

I got a watch for my birthday. I can't wait for it to come in.

I got it and it is really cool. I see that the software is a little slow. Makes sense that it is running everything off the phone.

WatchOS 2 should be an improvement on that though.