iPhone 5 cannot connect to cellular data network

Bobby

So for awhile now my iPhone 5 won't connect to 3G it gives me the pop up saying cannot connect to cellular data network. Been to a sprint store and they weren't much help switched the sim and same thing. Called and talked to apple and they didn't have anything to tell me. Spoke with a lady from sprint on my ticket and she said it was the SIM card cause my phone was using a 3G SIM card not a 4g card. It only a connects to 1x and lte when available. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

The SIM isn't the issue because in the iPhone 5 the SIM only handles LTE provisioning, not 1x and 3G.

Shot in the dark here, but try reprovisioning it by dialing ##CLEAR#. If that doesn't work, I'd try "Reset Network Settings" in Settings -> General -> Reset (please note this will remove all your saved WiFi networks). And if that still doesn't fix it, a restore in iTunes is the only other option I can think of.

I gave what you mentioned a try and it worked for awhile until I got a phone call and then it started happening again. Trying to talk to sprint again. But still not getting anywhere with it.