MediaTek Helio X20

Nickel

MediaTek recently announced Helio X20 SoC, which you might have heard of on various blogs as the "10-core SoC. Perhaps more notable than having 10 CPU cores, is it's "Tri-Cluster" design in what amounts to a 4-4-2 layout. The idea behind this to have essentially a "low, medium and high" performance modes.The GPU, while an upgrade over their previous model, shouldn't be anything special.

On the modem side, which I know holds a special special place for many here, is LTE Cat.6 with 2x20 CA support. Of particular interest is that it supports CDMA 2k and something called SRLTE, which I am not familiar with, but an internet search sugguests that it is Simulatneous 1XRTT and LTE. 

As a reminder, this part is designed to compete against the Snapdragon 6XX, not the 8XX that we're used to seeing.

http://anandtech.com/show/9227/mediatek-helio-x20

I doubt we'll see this in the USA. It seems mediatek is not all that interested in the USA market, they're killing it in Asia though.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Tmo already released a phone with mediatek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt we'll see this in the USA. It seems mediatek is not all that interested in the USA market, they're killing it in Asia though.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Of course they're interested in the US market, I doubt they'll have much success over here, but that doesn't mean they aren't interested.