Sprint Home Wifi Router [Wi-Fi Connect][Asus AC66u]

marioc21

Currently APPLE products only 

Requires iOS 8.3 and update to carrier settings. Carrier settings will update for customers over the course of a few days. Base service plan charges apply.

The rep who answered my call was well informed about Wi-Fi calling ,.. just not the new router

Requires iOS 8.3 and update to carrier settings. Carrier settings will update for customers over the course of a few days. Base service plan charges apply.

The rep who answered my call was well informed about Wi-Fi calling ,.. just not the new router

So is the router available only to iphone customers or not? if the rep was uninformed? 

Ehh... that doesn't quite make sense. 

Any device that currently has WiFi calling (most Android devices from the last year or two, and last few iPhones) would be able to use WiFi calling using ANY router. This router just specifically prioritizes WiFi calling. I don't see how that could be iPhone specific. 

Based on her statement that Wi-Fi calling is only offered for Apple products and the Sprint article linked footnote that iOS   8.3 is required, I believe it is currently restricted to Apple product Sprint customers.

The article does say other phones such as my HTC m9 also have WiFi calling ability.  The Sprint call priority is the sizzle for me.  I have excellent Wi-Fi in my home.

I have yet to experiment with Wi-Fi calling except older cell phones with no current Sprint service.  Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNO)  offers W-Fi calling service for free in some cases.  They have Sprint for the backbone.

Baseon her statement that Wi-Fi calling is only offered for Apple products and the Sprint article linked footnote that I quoted that iOS   8.3.

WiFi calling is most certainly NOT only offered for Apple products. Apple products were the last to receive the WiFi calling update.

• Like 4

I think if you're reading that footnote in the press release it was referring to the IPhones needing that version of iOS, not that it's restricted to Apple devices.

Only the people who don't actually work hard actually view the releases on the internal websites.

Employees should not be held accountable for bad management. Good management would have had a robust change management plan with multiple internal announcements, training, and us toner service guides. This is basic management 101.

I don't believe that for a second. There are plenty of announcements, but your average rep chooses not to find them, watch them, etc. I speak from experience, having worked from the ground up in Sprint (Retail first, then corporate). So many folks I worked with couldn't be bothered to do any research, or read a playbook. The damn playbook is printed and left in the breakroom but the reps are too busy watching Netflix to care.

I don't believe that for a second. There are plenty of announcements, but your average rep chooses not to find them, watch them, etc. I speak from experience, having worked from the ground up in Sprint (Retail first, then corporate). So many folks I worked with couldn't be bothered to do any research, or read a playbook. The damn playbook is printed and left in the breakroom but the reps are too busy watching Netflix to care.

Deval,

Have any info on the router then?

Link is updated.  I am on a chat now.  I will let you guys know what is up. 

Looks like it is the same ASUS router as T-Mobile.

http://www.sprint.com/landings/airave/?ECID=vanity:inhomecoverage#!/

Asus AC68 is the base model. That's a very good router.

Now... how the hell to order it..

• Like 2

Not going well with chat.  Two reps so far, no clue. They think I want a mobile broadband router.  Sending the link is not helping.  I can't call the phone number right now.

Now the rep is trying to push an Airrave on me.  I will just wait and try when I have time to call. Looks like these are getting sent out by the Airrave team.

wonder if it will be able to put ddwrt and/or tomato on it or if it will be locked down somehow

• Like 1

wonder if it will be able to put ddwrt and/or tomato on it or if it will be locked down somehow

If it's anything like the T-mobile branded one it's locked down and downgrading it is very risky.

If you find out, let us know. I'm in the market for an AC router, and if this fits the bill...

If you find out, let us know. I'm in the market for an AC router, and if this fits the bill...

e-care is useless so far.... Might have to wait a few days for the info to flow down the ranks. 

Edit: sales chat reps don't have information yet. 

Wish they had did this earlier.  I just bought an ASUS RT-AC68 (delivered to my house today).  If I could have received a free one, that would have been better!

• Like 1

Very good router indeed. Bought one to replace an old airport extreme a few months back.  Very good range and great throughput. 

• Like 1

PSA: CALL THE NUMBER ON THE SITE (888-211-4727). THE REPS KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT.

Router is free of charge. You own it after 12 months. 

Information is available to the reps except no one knows how to order it since the internal tools says "shipping soon"... lol

• Like 6

PSA: CALL THE NUMBER ON THE SITE (888-211-4727). THE REPS KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT.

Router is free of charge. You own it after 12 months. 

Information is available to the reps except no one knows how to order it since the internal tools says "shipping soon"... lol

were you able to order one? I'm on the phone with a rep now that is trying to explain to me what wifi-calling is ... and sell me one of the netgear hotspots  :td:

Note: I pressed 5, 5, 5, for "other questions" after calling the number above.

were you able to order one? I'm on the phone with a rep now that is trying to explain to me what wifi-calling is ... and sell me one of the netgear hotspots  :td:

Note: I pressed 5, 5, 5, for "other questions" after calling the number above.

Rep said he'll call me back after talking to his supervisor. He knew exactly what I was talking about and saw everything that's needed to order it except there's no option to actually order it. Literally he said it showed "shipping soon" for the order option.

Looks like most people will need to wait til next week before everything is sorted out internally.