Sprint Home Wifi Router [Wi-Fi Connect][Asus AC66u]

marioc21

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Officejet-4500-All-in-One-Printer-Series---G510/3919445/model/3919446/document/c04675206

I am not positive that I used this exact link to find the APP, but it was something very close to this.

The APP I installed to make the Scan feature work was an official APP and not a hack by some unknown individual.   My printers are 8600 model, so I am not sure this one that might be for a different model is what I used or what you need.  Might be worth a try.

Had that installed and didn't do much.

Maybe this was covered in this thread. Anyway, not sure if you guys have tried prioritizing/QOS your network traffic for wifi calling. I've had pretty good success with my current Netgear router and my older AC66U, now used as an AP. Simply set UDP port 4500 per device to highest priority traffic. It definitely helped with call quality and drops. We've been using the wifi calling since the Galaxy S4T device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe this was covered in this thread. Anyway, not sure if you guys have tried prioritizing/QOS your network traffic for wifi calling. I've had pretty good success with my current Netgear router and my older AC66U, now used as an AP. Simply set UDP port 4500 per device to highest priority traffic. It definitely helped with call quality and drops. We've been using the wifi calling since the Galaxy S4T device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has anyone got this router to work fine as a bridge for the FiOS Actiontec? The network dies constantly for me so I left the Connect disconnected. No firmware updates either.

@Sean_K

My mom has this router and an HP printer.  It was giving her all kinds of fits.  I had to log into the router and change a setting within the router for the two to communicate.  Sorry I can't remember the setting, she lives a few hours away.  After I made that change within the routers settings, she hasn't had an issue.

Has anyone got this router to work fine as a bridge for the FiOS Actiontec? The network dies constantly for me so I left the Connect disconnected. No firmware updates either.

Shouldn't it be the other way around, turn on bridge mode on the Actiontec so that the routing duties are handles by the Asus..

Not all devices play nice in double NAT situations.

Shouldn't it be the other way around, turn on bridge mode on the Actiontec so that the routing duties are handles by the Asus..

Not all devices play nice in double NAT situations.

I haven't tried that because I thought turning on bridge mode on the Actiontec will break FiOS TV

• 2 months later...

My Sprint ASUS is on its last legs. It is requiring too many reboots as of late. Also, the 2.4 GHz band has stopped broadcasting at least twice now while the 5 GHz band is fine (very odd issue). Sorta disappointed by the lifespan of this router, but then again it was free so...time to buy a new router I guess.

My Sprint ASUS is on its last legs. It is requiring too many reboots as of late. Also, the 2.4 GHz band has stopped broadcasting at least twice now while the 5 GHz band is fine (very odd issue). Sorta disappointed by the lifespan of this router, but then again it was free so...time to buy a new router I guess.

That's odd. I don't think I've ever had to restart mine other than after power outages and when my modem stopped working. Still works great for me.

Sent from my LG G4

• Like 1

That's odd. I don't think I've ever had to restart mine other than after power outages and when my modem stopped working. Still works great for me.

Sent from my LG G4

Same here.  Mine has worked perfect from the first day. Great router.  Of course, an occasional one will go bad.

Yeah, I figured I got one of the few defective units. I drew the short straw. But considering that straw didn't cost me a cent, I'm happy. I may look into another Asus just based on the fact that this router had pretty decent range.

Yeah, I figured I got one of the few defective units. I drew the short straw. But considering that straw didn't cost me a cent, I'm happy. I may look into another Asus just based on the fact that this router had pretty decent range.

Yeah, as far as free goes, can't complain too much. The router itself was pretty impressive at the time the deal started. Sorry yours is dying in you.

Sent from my LG G4

I have had one since these came out over a year ago, but I'm curious, are they still giving them away? If so, can't you just ask for another if the first one is dying?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I have had one since these came out over a year ago, but I'm curious, are they still giving them away? If so, can't you just ask for another if the first one is dying?

Mhh, I may give this a try. My guess is that they'll ask for the old one back.

I remember reading that after a year, it belongs to the customer.

I ended up calling and they put me on hold because of this. They didn't know if they could replace it or not since it was technically mine now. After some minutes, they offered to send me another one and I almost accepted it before I was reminded by the rep that the new router would belong to Sprint for 1 year. Since I'm likely leaving Sprint this Fall, I figured I would just buy a router online instead.

• 7 months later...

I'm having trouble getting this router set up properly, I was hoping one of you might be able to help me with the proper configuration settings. I have TWC (Spectrum) Ultimate 300 internet, and no matter how I seem to configure this thing I can't get better than 90mbps dl (wired or wirelessly) almost as if its stuck in 10/100 network mode. I'm using my ISP supplied Arris TG1672 gateway. The Asus router was plugged into the Arris gateway from the blue WAN port into LAN port 1 on the Arris, and my desktop plugged into LAN port 1 on the Asus router. I tried changing the NAT setting on the Arris to Bridged from RoutedWithNAT and disabling DHCP on the Arris and also tried several other network cables. Windows reports the adapter link speed is 1gbps in network settings. I feel like I'm missing something simple, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm having trouble getting this router set up properly, I was hoping one of you might be able to help me with the proper configuration settings. I have TWC (Spectrum) Ultimate 300 internet, and no matter how I seem to configure this thing I can't get better than 90mbps dl (wired or wirelessly) almost as if its stuck in 10/100 network mode. I'm using my ISP supplied Arris TG1672 gateway. The Asus router was plugged into the Arris gateway from the blue WAN port into LAN port 1 on the Arris, and my desktop plugged into LAN port 1 on the Asus router. I tried changing the NAT setting on the Arris to Bridged from RoutedWithNAT and disabling DHCP on the Arris and also tried several other network cables. Windows reports the adapter link speed is 1gbps in network settings. I feel like I'm missing something simple, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Test another ethernet cable between the router and the modem. Maybe a faulty cable.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

do you get more than 90 without the asus ?

Yes, regularly 350 wired with just the Arris. It only has 802.11n so around 60 on wireless.

Test another ethernet cable between the router and the modem. Maybe a faulty cable.

I tried several different network cables all with the same result.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

Yes, regularly 350 wired with just the Arris. It only has 802.11n so around 60 on wireless.

I tried several different network cables all with the same result.

Hmm... Maybe do a hard reset on the router and try another port on the arris.

I can regularly pull 120ish on my charter cable through the asus with no issues.

I am using the un-sprintified mod and merlin asus firmware.

I would suggest turning off all extra services and wifi, unplug anything that might be in the usb ports, and plug only 1 computer into the asus:

Make sure any QOS or speed limits are removed or disabled in the asus web config. I don't remember which section they are in.

arris <> asus <> 1pc/laptop that is known to get more than 90mbs speed tests

if that gets you above 90, then you can start enabling wifi and other services to see what affects the speed.

otherwise not sure what to advise, I don't know if the sprint QOS will limit your total speed or not.

• Like 1

Hmm... Maybe do a hard reset on the router and try another port on the arris.

I'll try hard resetting the router again, but the same port on the Arris gives me 350 when plugged into the desktop.

I can regularly pull 120ish on my charter cable through the asus with no issues.

I am using the un-sprintified mod and merlin asus firmware.

I would suggest turning off all extra services and wifi, unplug anything that might be in the usb ports, and plug only 1 computer into the asus:

Make sure any QOS or speed limits are removed or disabled in the asus web config. I don't remember which section they are in.

arris <> asus <> 1pc/laptop that is known to get more than 90mbs speed tests

if that gets you above 90, then you can start enabling wifi and other services to see what affects the speed.

otherwise not sure what to advise, I don't know if the sprint QOS will limit your total speed or not.

QoS settings aren't accessible with the stock Sprint firmware. I was reading around and some others have had the same speed limit problem using Sprint's firmware, so looks like I'll need to look into modding it. It seems silly they would hard limit network traffic like that.

Edit- somehow I managed to brick this thing. I was trying to tinker with any settings combination to get it to allow faster speed without changing the firmware and the unit said it had to reboot. After it finished the login page has a generic message saying the IP and port has changed and to connect to the new network, and the WAN and LAN 1 and LAN 2 lights stay on solid. My computer just says network cable is unplugged now. I tried the reset button, and putting it into recovery mode while holding reset down and powering the unit on and all I get is those three solid lights.