Sprint Home Wifi Router [Wi-Fi Connect][Asus AC66u]

marioc21

OK, after ordering last Thursday and being told that everything was good I decided to call them again today as I haven't received even a confirmation email.  I was told that even though my line was indeed eligible they didn't send it to me because I have a corporate account and allegedly their system won't allow them to send it to me?  Does this make sense to anyone?  How can I be eligible and not sent it?  Is this just a bunch of FUD?  I'd be greatly interested to hear if there are other people on here with a corporate discount that did receive theirs.

OK, after ordering last Thursday and being told that everything was good I decided to call them again today as I haven't received even a confirmation email. I was told that even though my line was indeed eligible they didn't send it to me because I have a corporate account and allegedly their system won't allow them to send it to me? Does this make sense to anyone? How can I be eligible and not sent it? Is this just a bunch of FUD? I'd be greatly interested to hear if there are other people on here with a corporate discount that did receive theirs.

I have one and have a corporate discount. No issues other then being questioned why I needed one if I have a gateway modem already. I'd call again, make sure you call the Airave department and not the normal customer service department.

As per my earlier posts, I found it did not behave well in a network with another router. It is now sitting in the box unused. Maybe if Sprint or Asus has a firmware update I will try again.

I've read that Sprint may charge you the $85 if the router remains inactive for a period of time.  I'm not sure how this is monitored though.

Also, there's a fee of a few dollars (taxes if I'm not mistaken) added to your bill each month when you have an Airave on the account.  I think this fee might also be added if you have the router.

Either way, it might not be worth keeping the router unless of course you plan on having it for more than a year.  In that case, the router becomes your property and you may than flash custom/stock firmware onto the router.

I've read that Sprint may charge you the $85 if the router remains inactive for a period of time.  I'm not sure how this is monitored though.

Also, there's a fee of a few dollars (taxes if I'm not mistaken) added to your bill each month when you have an Airave on the account.  I think this fee might also be added if you have the router.

No fee for the router. It shows on my bill as 

Wi-Fi Connect from Sprint $0.00

No fee for the router. It shows on my bill as 

Wi-Fi Connect from Sprint $0.00

Correct.  The CSR confirmed when I ordered the router that it would show as you said.  The CSR added though that my taxes would go up seeing as the router counts as a device.

I know from personal experience when I had the Airave that I paid an additional $5-6 in taxes each month while it remained on the account.  I will see how much my taxes go up, if at all, after my first billing cycle with the router and, if I remember, will report back.

Correct.  The CSR confirmed when I ordered the router that it would show as you said.  The CSR added though that my taxes would go up seeing as the router counts as a device.

I know from personal experience when I had the Airave that I paid an additional $5-6 in taxes each month while it remained on the account.  I will see how much my taxes go up, if at all, after my first billing cycle with the router and, if I remember, will report back.

My taxes did not go up when I added the router to my account. It was just added as a service add on to my line, and my taxes remained the same.

• Like 2

The ip subnet default of this router was something like 192.168.8.0. I changed it to what my old router used, 192.168.1.0 /26 and devices on my home net worked again. In theory if all your devices dhcp it shouldn't matter but I had some static ip addresses in use.

Took almost an hour, but finally ordered one. Called the number listed on the thread and the first guy I talked to knew what I was talking about and saw the offer on my acct, accepted it, then transferred me to telesales. Of course telesales had no idea what I was talking about, so transferred me around to ppl trying to get me to add another line and sell me a wifi hotspot. (Even got transferred to Virgin Mobile at one point!!) Eventually, they got it figured out and ordered. 

The ip subnet default of this router was something like 192.168.8.0. I changed it to what my old router used, 192.168.1.0 /26 and devices on my home net worked again. In theory if all your devices dhcp it shouldn't matter but I had some static ip addresses in use.

I changed mine from 192.168.27.1 back to 192.168.1.1. Rebooted, checked and only the TV still won't connect. At least the roku when it first connected back up asked something about joining this device or something.

Which makes me think the way plex works now breaks my connection. Asking for some authorization which it can't give.

Though I can get the playz media app for the TV to connect. It is constant buffer every 2-7 minutes.

I don't believe talk about changing IP addresses would be considered "modification." They banned talking about modifying firmware.

Sent from my Note 4.

It's not. I shared  a link that did talk about modifying the firmware and it was removed by the admins.

It's not. I shared a link that did talk about modifying the firmware and it was removed by the admins.

OK, I thought you were referencing the post above about IP addresses. I never saw your post.

Sent from my Note 4.

• Like 1

How long does it usually take for Sprint to actually ship these routers? I ordered mine several days ago and haven't received word that it has shipped. The Sprint rep stated that Sprint would email when the order has been fulfilled.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

How long does it usually take for Sprint to actually ship these routers? I ordered mine several days ago and haven't received word that it has shipped. The Sprint rep stated that Sprint would email when the order has been fulfilled.

Mine shipped the next day. If they didn't copy your email address correctly, that could be a reason why you never got the shipment email. Call them tomorrow and see if it shipped.

Sent from my Note 4.

I got mine in two days, shipped to almost the middle of no where.

Mine shipped the next day. If they didn't copy your email address correctly, that could be a reason why you never got the shipment email. Call them tomorrow and see if it shipped.

Sent from my Note 4.

Well, Sprint screwed up and didn't complete the order......Go figure.

Hopefully got it straight. Let's see how long this takes now.

I got mine in two days, shipped to almost the middle of no where.

Just called to try and get one and I was told my account doesn't show qualified for the wifi router, only the Airave. Bit disappointed with all these reports of people being able to get one with ease.

Just called to try and get one and I was told my account doesn't show qualified for the wifi router, only the Airave. Bit disappointed with all these reports of people being able to get one with ease.

Call again.