T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

It's nice when it all works out of the box. Now if T-Mobile could just add a few more sites in Central Jersey. Too often I see No Service on my phone when I'm in building. Never saw that with Sprint though their weak signal was about the same as having no service.

It's nice when it all works out of the box. Now if T-Mobile could just add a few more sites in Central Jersey. Too often I see No Service on my phone when I'm in building. Never saw that with Sprint though their weak signal was about the same as having no service.

Where I live in central New Jersey T-Mobile's pretty good. I went from East Brunswick to Bridgewater and never lost service once not even LTE service.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Yeah. Outside is fine. It's the indoor coverage where you get the no service. In my experience Band 12 is totally overhyped too.

Same here in the Chicago area. While I'm not absolutely certain whether or not my Microsoft Lumia 950XL has ever connected with band 12 or not, due to the Microsoft OS not having a signal reader (that I'm aware of), it sure doesn't seem as though band 12 is working, or well if it has. The inside connection drops at most indoor locations I've been to.

Then again, it could be this device too. 

Same here in the Chicago area. While I'm not absolutely certain whether or not my Microsoft Lumia 950XL has ever connected with band 12 or not, due to the Microsoft OS not having a signal reader (that I'm aware of), it sure doesn't seem as though band 12 is working, or well if it has. The inside connection drops at most indoor locations I've been to.

Then again, it could be this device too.

Well I'm close enough to the Tower which is pretty tall I get pretty much full service in my condo on band 12 2 or 4. But where my parents live T-Mobile is abysmal

• Like 1

Quick FYI to everyone here, I'm going to remain with T-Mobile at least for a few months until the LG V30 and Samsung Note 8 gets released, then see what exactly T-Mobile has in mind to offer me, as I've recently mentioned.

So, here is a bit of good news in helping me lean towards remaining with T-Mobile, besides the excellent rate I'm getting that isn't going to be any lower from any other carrier, the two line for $100 plan with included HD a/v streaming, plus a $20 monthly discount from the Hookup Offer, $80 monthly total - no fees and no taxes :

http://www.tmonews.com/2017/06/t-mobile-rural-pbs-stations-relocate-600mhz-auction/

It seems from that and everything else regarding T-Mobile's rush to deploy 600mhz spectrum, that T-Mobile is intent on getting this done fast. Likely nothing will happen with it this year, probably not even available on the SD836. However next year with the SD845, very likely, and I'm figuring T-Mobile will do everything to get it out by mid-year 2018, pay off broadcasters, etc.

Quick FYI to everyone here, I'm going to remain with T-Mobile at least for a few months until the LG V30 and Samsung Note 8 gets released, then see what exactly T-Mobile has in mind to offer me, as I've recently mentioned.

So, here is a bit of good news in helping me lean towards remaining with T-Mobile, besides the excellent rate I'm getting that isn't going to be any lower from any other carrier, the two line for $100 plan with included HD a/v streaming, plus a $20 monthly discount from the Hookup Offer, $80 monthly total - no fees and no taxes :

http://www.tmonews.com/2017/06/t-mobile-rural-pbs-stations-relocate-600mhz-auction/

It seems from that and everything else regarding T-Mobile's rush to deploy 600mhz spectrum, that T-Mobile is intent on getting this done fast. Likely nothing will happen with it this year, probably not even available on the SD836. However next year with the SD845, very likely, and I'm figuring T-Mobile will do everything to get it out by mid-year 2018, pay off broadcasters, etc.

Really? My area won't be getting the 600 megahertz Spectrum till 2020. It won't be deployed until then.

Really? My area won't be getting the 600 megahertz Spectrum till 2020. It won't be deployed until then.

I wouldn't doubt the possibility of it being moved up closer ahead of time, unless this is a legal set-in-stone issue. If T-Mobile can get this moved faster by paying these companies though, then I believe T-Mobile can get these plans advanced very quickly.

T-Mobile even is talking about 2017, which I think is too soon. The SD836 may have the 600mhz spectrum, but I read online it would need to be a modified form of an x16 modem. The fully 600mhz compatible SD845 with the x20 modem won't be available until Spring 2018 likely on the Samsung Galaxy S9 or the LG G7. I expect that will work in areas with 600mhz, which I expect T-Mobile to have covered some markets with 600mhz by then.

What T-Mobile ought to be aiming for is a fall 2018 release coinciding with the launch of the Note 9 and the V40. It is possible the 2017 iPhone models won't have 600mhz capabilities, but surely the 2018 iPhone models will. I think that is what T-Mobile ought to be preparing for a major nationwide launch around then, which would be around 18 months from the ending of the auction. That would be a great achievement for T-Mobile to make. Reveal certain markets all throughout the year with contests during each announcement, made on a monthly basis. Then have the major unveiling at the end of the year, coinciding with the launch of the 2018 iPhone.

In the meantime, T-Mobile could not only work on that, but also on the Dish merger many T-Mobile fans want. It would boost T-Mobile's 600mhz spectrum holdings 5x5 near nationwide, putting the minimum at 15x15. Another possibility is going after U.S. Cellular, which if an acquisition were successful, along with the Dish merger, would put T-Mobile in a great network position plenty strong enough that it wouldn't need another merger for a very long time.

Does it support all of Sprint's LTE bands

Yes, if you go on Motorola's page for the G5 Plus, it says it does support bands 25, 26, 41. Plus other bands that Sprint may roam on.

Yes, if you go on Motorola's page for the G5 Plus, it says it does support bands 25, 26, 41. Plus other bands that Sprint may roam on.

Can I get a BYOD SIM card for this thing? But let's keep this thread on topic here.. I found out this phone can only support to carrier aggregation. So can only aggregate two of T-Mobile's LTE bands.

My home town went from one T-Mobile store in a mall to adding 5 new stores in two months. That's crazy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Does your town even have enough population for all of them?

Unless T-Mobile is being smart like Sprint is with their new retail concept, these new stores seem unnecessary.

However, typically T-Mobile stores seem closer to the Sprint concept than what AT&T and Verizon have. If these stores where anything like the Duopoly stores, then five definitely is too much!

• Like 1

Does your town even have enough population for all of them?

Unless T-Mobile is being smart like Sprint is with their new retail concept, these new stores seem unnecessary.

However, typically T-Mobile stores seem closer to the Sprint concept than what AT&T and Verizon have. If these stores where anything like the Duopoly stores, then five definitely is too much!

Probably not. Only 60,000 in the city and 345,00p pop in the county. But it is a very spread out city. That's how I know small cells aren't coming from any carrier any time soon. The big two have about 5-6 stores also so it's even and now Sprint has the least stores which is 4. 3 of the 4 Sprint stores are within 2.5 miles of each other. The other carriers have it spread out better but there is a lot of boost mobiles though. I would say 10 at least.

Probably not. Only 60,000 in the city and 345,00p pop in the county. But it is a very spread out city. That's how I know small cells aren't coming from any carrier any time soon. The big two have about 5-6 stores also so it's even and now Sprint has the least stores which is 4. 3 of the 4 Sprint stores are within 2.5 miles of each other. The other carriers have it spread out better but there is a lot of boost mobiles though. I would say 10 at least.

http://bgr.com/2017/07/05/t-mobile-unlimited-vs-verizon-one-plus-price-increase/ lol they are looking less and less like the carrier I 'll keep

Sent from my ASUS_Z01HD using Tapatalk

http://bgr.com/2017/07/05/t-mobile-unlimited-vs-verizon-one-plus-price-increase/ lol they are looking less and less like the carrier I 'll keep

I'm quite surprised T-Mobile isn't raising it any higher, such as to $15 more per month.

I might surprise a few people by saying this, but there definitely is a downside to these mergers, and I think these price hikes could get very bad from now on. As good these mergers are for network quality, and while I believe the FCC under the current administration will approve of them beyond anything seen in the past, the excellent for business/pro-merger administration likely will cause the carriers to spearhead major efforts to raise prices.

I was trying to see a way forward where these mergers would get approved via promises made and hopefully kept to maintaining prices at reasonable levels, but this administration just seems too pro-business to really care much about consumer price protection, although network quality will get a major boost from this. Sadly though it can't all be the same, and therefore is going to change, and in a major way. Yet, anyone guaranteed a price point will be allowed to keep that rate, so long they don't change carriers.

I've decided to keep T-Mobile, as I'm anticipating one of three developments happening. One is they merge with Sprint. The other is they merge with Dish. Finally, they end up with AT&T, possibly both AT&T and Dish merge, while Sprint goes the other way with Charter, Comcast, and Verizon. Yes, I see a huge mega duopoly for the future of wireless, where the first line costs $90-$95 monthly, while each additional line costs $45-60 monthly. At best, perhaps there might be a $90/$60/$30 promo, where HD is offered at a $5 upcharge per line, but thats about it.

• Like 1

I'm quite surprised T-Mobile isn't raising it any higher, such as to $15 more per month.

I might surprise a few people by saying this, but there definitely is a downside to these mergers, and I think these price hikes could get very bad from now on. As good these mergers are for network quality, and while I believe the FCC under the current administration will approve of them beyond anything seen in the past, the excellent for business/pro-merger administration likely will cause the carriers to spearhead major efforts to raise prices.

I was trying to see a way forward where these mergers would get approved via promises made and hopefully kept to maintaining prices at reasonable levels, but this administration just seems too pro-business to really care much about consumer price protection, although network quality will get a major boost from this. Sadly though it can't all be the same, and therefore is going to change, and in a major way. Yet, anyone guaranteed a price point will be allowed to keep that rate, so long they don't change carriers.

I've decided to keep T-Mobile, as I'm anticipating one of three developments happening. One is they merge with Sprint. The other is they merge with Dish. Finally, they end up with AT&T, possibly both AT&T and Dish merge, while Sprint goes the other way with Charter, Comcast, and Verizon. Yes, I see a huge mega duopoly for the future of wireless, where the first line costs $90-$95 monthly, while each additional line costs $45-60 monthly. At best, perhaps there might be a $90/$60/$30 promo, where HD is offered at a $5 upcharge per line, but thats about it.

Point taken. But I also have all four carriers. Verizon T-Mobile AT&T and Sprint. I can tell you by far the best to Reliable Carriers in my town in terms of consistency is Verizon and AT&T. T-Mobile comes in third and Sprint comes in last. Sprint LTE service is good while you stay on the highway as soon as you get a mile from the highway LTE service completely drops. Now T-Mobile to an extent has the same problem. AT&T and Verizon seem to have their Network solid here.

Point taken. But I also have all four carriers. Verizon T-Mobile AT&T and Sprint. I can tell you by far the best to Reliable Carriers in my town in terms of consistency is Verizon and AT&T. T-Mobile comes in third and Sprint comes in last. Sprint LTE service is good while you stay on the highway as soon as you get a mile from the highway LTE service completely drops. Now T-Mobile to an extent has the same problem. AT&T and Verizon seem to have their Network solid here.

It really depends on one's own situation. I certainly know the feeling of wanting to leave T-Mobile when certain anti-consumer things happen, but then again, there are long-term advantages to keeping a plan at a great rate. Right now, I'd say the price wars are dead, totally dead. Prices are going to rise as more merger talks happen. This is a merger market for carriers right now, and its exciting to witness on the perspective we finally are going to see some real progress in network development as mergers take place and 5G can be introduced much more efficiently through carrier consolidation.

In the meantime, those locked in at a low rate are better off keeping that, unless their service is so bad, they really need to switch. If so, now probably is the best time to do so, before the rates increase upon more merger speculation.

• Like 1

I find it very interesting this comment from the article...

All in all, T-Mobile is looking less and less like an Uncarrier, and more like the companies it was once waging war on. What could make things much worse is a rumored merger of T-Mobile and Sprint, which would kill off the cheapest network in the country (Sprint) and remove any incentive for T-Mobile to even pretend to compete with Verizon and AT&T on price.

TS

• Like 3

I find it very interesting this comment from the article...

TS

If T-Mobile actually does it I have nothing from preventing me from leaving T-Mobile. There's only a $5 difference between my unlimited plan and the one I have on Verizon. I also have Sprint AT&T and Verizon and T-Mobile. But when I leave my town though there's a clear difference between the four carriers.

Meanwhile, I still have 3 lines of unlimited with 2 S8 easy pay (or whatever they call it at TMO) with the One Plus promo attached for $125/month.

2 +1 free

20% Hookup discount

Nobody can really touch that right now, and where I live, work, and play T-Mobile works as well as Sprint and better than Verizon.

Meanwhile, I still have 3 lines of unlimited with 2 S8 easy pay (or whatever they call it at TMO) with the One Plus promo attached for $125/month.

2 +1 free

20% Hookup discount

Nobody can really touch that right now, and where I live, work, and play T-Mobile works as well as Sprint and better than Verizon.

I actually have all four carriers. But by far the ones that work best in my area is AT&T and Verizon T-Mobile still comes in 3rd and Sprint's no competition in my area just yet

Guys, please stop posting ad nauseum which providers work well or do not in your area.  That has no transferability to anywhere else, matters not a whit to anyone else. You repeatedly are cluttering up The Forums with the same local observations.

AJ

• Like 6

If T-Mobile actually does it I have nothing from preventing me from leaving T-Mobile. There's only a $5 difference between my unlimited plan and the one I have on Verizon. I also have Sprint AT&T and Verizon and T-Mobile. But when I leave my town though there's a clear difference between the four carriers.

Also keep in mind, Dan, that if T-Mobile raises the rate, your rate still may be grandfathered. However if they do raise your rate, that'll be bad, and definitely understandable why you'd consider switching. For a single line with the rate increase, Verizon definitely seems like a better deal.

• Like 1