T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

So I won't expect them to care about their customers only about profits. Except for T-Mobile they care about their customers.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Don't kid yourself...

• Like 7

Wow I like to see an end to carriers grip on cell phones and let the customers modify the phones as they wish. What carriers have a monopoly on the Telecom business. So I won't expect them to care about their customers only about profits. Except for T-Mobile they care about their customers.

Personally, even though I don't like Best Buy, I buy stuff there when I don't really want to wait for a shipment from Amazon. However, the store has its benefits of being able to go and look at unlocked devices.

What I'd like to see is the return of the old Circuit City format stores, but only dedicated to mobile devices, not music, televisions, etc. The carriers could provide a few official company representatives to help people make sales over electronic kiosks, if they don't want to buy online at home, and so on.

These stores could be designed to have all the locked and unlocked devices people could buy, then signal a carrier representative for help. I think if carriers wanted to do a joint venture on this and have a few locations in every city rather than the vast amount of individual carrier stores all over, they'd save a lot of money, yet still have some physical presence.

I gave some thought about this before deciding to post, figuring out if this had any chance of happening. I know there are some issues against it from happening, though I think if media groups can have partnerships, so should carriers.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/tech/t-mobile-cfo-covering-remaining-lte-coverage-gap-big-priority

Me being in WI, this I'm sure is part of it, but they can't unless they get in bed in USCC

I hate to beat this rumor to death, but this really sounds like merger talk. I'm sure growing rural presence would be a requirement for any merger, whether Dish or Sprint. T-Mobile buying good will??

T-Mobile has to go get some spectrum for their constrained markets. Seems like they are getting hit hard in Chicago and LA from what I see even with 4x4 MIMO and 256 QAM.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

T-Mobile has to go get some spectrum for their constrained markets. Seems like they are getting hit hard in Chicago and LA from what I see even with 4x4 MIMO and 256 QAM.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

It seems central new jersey is getting hit very hard ...

I read somewhere that T-Mobile had 4x2 MIMO on B12. Can anyone confirm here? So far my personal findings come to 2x2.

Yes. It's not everywhere although I believe a few sites in my area are running it on B12.

I read somewhere that T-Mobile had 4x2 MIMO on B12.  Can anyone confirm here?  So far my personal findings come to 2x2.

They're very rare.

It requires the presence of 2x 2T2R B12 radios and combining it together via software into a single virtual 4T4R radio. 

They're very rare.

It involve requires the presence of 2x 2T2R B12 radios and combining it together via software into a single virtual 4T4R radio.

Yeah. We have a few here in Seattle in areas where sites are sparse and capacity is not sufficient.

Yeah. We have a few here in Seattle in areas where sites are sparse and capacity is not sufficient.

I've seen it around Gig Harbor and the Tacoma Narrows Bridge.  I was wondering if Network Signal Guru was accurate when I've seen it.

On a side note, my Mom, normally a Verizon customer, went overseas to Europe with a T-Mobile One SIM. It worked really well for her. I was able to use FaceTime, FaceTime audio, and texting to communicate with her flawlessly in the UK, France, Switzerland, Italy, and Spain. That was a nice plan to use for $70 a month considering that she'd have trouble installing different SIM's in each of the countries I mentioned or paying steep roaming on VZ. 

• Like 2

Still faster than sprint

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Really? Did you really feel that adds anything to the conversation?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Really? Did you really feel that adds anything to the conversation?

Yes. Regardless due to the congestion on that tower. Those speeds are still very usable and without a speed test would go unnoticed.

• Like 1

Yes. Regardless due to the congestion on that tower. Those speeds are still very usable and without a speed test would go unnoticed.

Yes but what's the point of bringing up sprint? Nowhere did anyone mention anything about sprint on a screenshot that an individual is wondering if it's representative of congestion on tmobile.

• Like 1

On a side note, my Mom, normally a Verizon customer, went overseas to Europe with a T-Mobile One SIM. It worked really well for her. I was able to use FaceTime, FaceTime audio, and texting to communicate with her flawlessly in the UK, France, Switzerland, Italy, and Spain. That was a nice plan to use for $70 a month considering that she'd have trouble installing different SIM's in each of the countries I mentioned or paying steep roaming on VZ.

She was able to FaceTime on 256 kbps download?? I'm not familiar with the bandwidth requirements for FaceTime, but is video chat even possible at those capped speeds?

She was able to FaceTime on 256 kbps download?? I'm not familiar with the bandwidth requirements for FaceTime, but is video chat even possible at those capped speeds?

Should be possible but the experience was not not being very good

After UMTS was turned on in my market in 2012, GSM was greatly freed up, and I was able to FaceTime over EDGE on an iPad.

It was not optimal, but PoC it worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by reedacus25