T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

You just missed the GS7 promo. That would have been the best RF performance device for her. Keep your eyes peeled. T-Mobile has a history of repeating promotions.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

After reading reedacus25's post, I went to look online for more information about VoLTE on T-Mobile. I'm not concerned about not having WiFi calling using the Lumia 950xl, but not having VoLTE might very well be an issue. I found alot of people saying VoLTE won't work, but a few who said it ought to, which were on lists among those that do and don't. I'm going to try getting some answers about it from the Executive Response rep who has been very helpful getting us this great promo and discount, see what he can find out about VoLTE.

Otherwise, I've been disappointed in not seeing much in terms of information regarding an option I think ultimately would be the best situation for my mother, which is her having a VoLTE enabled smartwatch on T-Mobile, while she uses the Lumia 950xl for data. I'm not worried about my upcoming choice for the Sony Xperia XZ Premium, because I've seen the latest other Sony smartphones listed as having VoLTE. So now, I've got to hope the Lumia 950xl works well enough on T-Mobile, or else we can resort to using our Skype accounts in the meantime.

After reading reedacus25's post, I went to look online for more information about VoLTE on T-Mobile. I'm not concerned about not having WiFi calling using the Lumia 950xl, but not having VoLTE might very well be an issue. I found alot of people saying VoLTE won't work, but a few who said it ought to, which were on lists among those that do and don't. I'm going to try getting some answers about it from the Executive Response rep who has been very helpful getting us this great promo and discount, see what he can find out about VoLTE.

Otherwise, I've been disappointed in not seeing much in terms of information regarding an option I think ultimately would be the best situation for my mother, which is her having a VoLTE enabled smartwatch on T-Mobile, while she uses the Lumia 950xl for data. I'm not worried about my upcoming choice for the Sony Xperia XZ Premium, because I've seen the latest other Sony smartphones listed as having VoLTE. So now, I've got to hope the Lumia 950xl works well enough on T-Mobile, or else we can resort to using our Skype accounts in the meantime.

Chicago might do better with VoLTE with low band coming online fast there, but based on my experience, I like the idea of having low band for VoLTE. Granted my experience is on Verizon where leaving the VoLTE network is a dropped call. On T-Mobile, eSRVCC exists where calls can get handed off to 3G WCDMA. Sprint has a similar issue to Verizon, so to start to get people off CDMA and get to things people take for granted now like HD Voice and talk and surf, Sprint has to get a denser and larger macro network. Small cells will help but I feel has to go hand in hand with macro expansion including new Nokia and Ericsson mini macro sites.

I do get an occasional, one out of 100, dropped call on VZ VoLTE, but even if CDMA never dropped calls here, which frankly it did more than VoLTE did, the gains in voice quality and talk and surf would be worth it in my book.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I am now with T-mobile. I was on at&t for a month added on to my fathers plan since my other 2 lines refused to leave sprint, plus they had etf. With the 3rd line free promo they quickly were willing to jump.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I am now with T-mobile. I was on at&t for a month added on to my fathers plan since my other 2 lines refused to leave sprint, plus they had etf. With the 3rd line free promo they quickly were willing to jump.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

i have tmobile...i left sprint 6 weeks ago....still no improvement on my block with sprint...thats why i left but....t mobile runs circles around att over here their only major competitor here is verizon....

• Like 3

Finally with TMobile. I was on Sprint Sero through the whole entire painfully slow LTE transition. I finally jumped ship to AT&T when it was obvious they were not making any progress with B26 in Phoenix. Now I'm on the 3 lines for $80 plan with hookup , and expect the bill to be $70 with kickback on one of the paid lines. I used to think Sero was a great deal but this is amazing.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

We were able to get on the T-Mobile hookup code 20% discount which feels a lot like bring back on Sero but with TMobile. 3 lines of unlimited data for $80 is a smoking deal.

• Like 2

We were able to get on the T-Mobile hookup code 20% discount which feels a lot like bring back on Sero but with TMobile. 3 lines of unlimited data for $80 is a smoking deal.

I just did the same. My wife and MIL on the Nexus 6Ps they already had, and I got a ZTE Zmax Pro because they didn't have any phones I wanted but I still wanted them to pay off my HTC 10 with Sprint.

Looks like Tmobile is going to increase the deprioritization cap from 28 GB to 30 GB effective 3/8/17 according to a Tmobile employee internal memo.  Great news.  

Would be nice if Sprint increased it from 23 GB to 28 GB  and boast about its 2.5 GHz spectrum assets to support a gigabit LTE network which can easily support this increased deprioritization cap.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/5y0i12/effective_march_8th_deprioritization_threshold/

• Like 2

Looks like Tmobile is going to increase the deprioritization cap from 28 GB to 30 GB effective 3/8/17 according to a Tmobile employee internal memo. Great news.

Would be nice if Sprint increased it from 23 GB to 28 GB and boast about its 2.5 GHz spectrum assets to support a gigabit LTE network which can easily support this increased deprioritization cap.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/5y0i12/effective_march_8th_deprioritization_threshold/

TMobile is definitely over sold in my area and I do have them as well. My phone Parx on band 12 and runs like a dial-up modem period but I do force it to band 4

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

TMobile is definitely over sold in my area and I do have them as well. My phone Parx on band 12 and runs like a dial-up modem period but I do force it to band 4

The one thing I've never doubted T-Mobile about is their ability to build their network. The problem I've seen with T-Mobile really is in the amount of spectrum they have, regardless of their claim they have the most capacity per customer. However, I believe T-Mobile is going to deploy the 600mhz spectrum very fast, and if an opportunity occurs where they decide to buy Dish, they will move quickly with that, so troubles with overcrowding won't be an issue.

I believe T-Mobile is doing a lot of smart things lately that are attributed only to building up the brand, and they now seem to have DT completely supporting their efforts not wanting to sell T-Mobile. Yet, if they did want to sell and Sprint makes an offer, I still believe AT&T will make a counter offer, and possibly Dish as well. However, I'm now inclined DT isn't going to sell, and will make an effort to acquire Dish.

The one thing I've never doubted T-Mobile about is their ability to build their network. The problem I've seen with T-Mobile really is in the amount of spectrum they have, regardless of their claim they have the most capacity per customer. However, I believe T-Mobile is going to deploy the 600mhz spectrum very fast, and if an opportunity occurs where they decide to buy Dish, they will move quickly with that, so troubles with overcrowding won't be an issue.

I believe T-Mobile is doing a lot of smart things lately that are attributed only to building up the brand, and they now seem to have DT completely supporting their efforts not wanting to sell T-Mobile. Yet, if they did want to sell and Sprint makes an offer, I still believe AT&T will make a counter offer, and possibly Dish as well. However, I'm now inclined DT isn't going to sell, and will make an effort to acquire Dish.

I do agree though TMobile does need much more capacity. If they can acquire dish then they will have a lot spectrum they can work with. Plus if I'm not mistaken dish has 700 megahertz e block licenses that can be paired with T-Mobile's a block license

• Like 1

I do agree though TMobile does need much more capacity. If they can acquire dish then they will have a lot spectrum they can work with. Plus if I'm not mistaken dish has 700 megahertz e block licenses that can be paired with T-Mobile's a block license

I know I'd much rather see DT hold onto T-Mobile and go for Dish, rather than to do anything with Sprint, mostly because I believe the FCC will stop it from happening, unless Masa goes about this a certain way I've mentioned recently.

I know I'd much rather see DT hold onto T-Mobile and go for Dish, rather than to do anything with Sprint, mostly because I believe the FCC will stop it from happening, unless Masa goes about this a certain way I've mentioned recently.

I see Trump and the FCC and doj stopping a Sprint and T-Mobile merger. Sprint we have to divest a lot of its high band Spectrum in order to get TMobile or dish.. I just wanted to TMobile to get Dish Network for the Spectrum

• Like 2

I see Trump and the FCC and doj stopping a Sprint and T-Mobile merger. Sprint we have to divest a lot of its high band Spectrum in order to get TMobile or dish.. I just wanted to mobile to get Dish Network for the Spectrum

I have the same exact thoughts. The other advantage for T-Mobile to go for Dish, rather than Sprint, besides an easier spectrum/network transition, is that Dish would give T-Mobile a national television service to use for bundling against AT&T's wireless/DirecTv. It would position T-Mobile for a good chance at reaching the #2 spot in the big two against Verizon, dethroning AT&T. I think this is why T-Mobile is putting out all these great promos to increase subscriber numbers.

I see them acquiring all these customers to build up the necessary cash to go after dish and I also agree with your other statement as well they would definitely have the tools needed to compete with Verizon as well. AT&T has gone downhill in my area anyways so they're no longer a viable option

I see them acquiring all these customers to build up the necessary cash to go after dish and I also agree with your other statement as well they would definitely have the tools needed to compete with Verizon as well. AT&T has gone downhill in my area anyways so they're no longer a viable option

The only saving grace I see for AT&T is if DT were willing to sell T-Mobile and having AT&T make a counter offer for T-Mobile, something I only believe possible in that exact scenario. However, since DT has announced it no longer is actively seeking to sell T-Mobile, AT&T is in trouble, especially being at risk for a strong continued growth from DT/T-Mobile.

Again, Sprint won't get T-Mobile, as the FCC will stop it. Since one of the two major Satellite broadcast services, DirecTv, already owned by U.S.-based AT&T, DT shouldn't have much difficulty getting Dish, despite being a foreign-owned company. I still believe it is strongly possible Sprint will be bought out by Verizon, with a spectrum agreement where the 800mhz spectrum gets returned to the government, and possibly some other things as well.

The only saving grace I see for AT&T is if DT were willing to sell T-Mobile and having AT&T make a counter offer for T-Mobile, something I only believe possible in that exact scenario. However, since DT has announced it no longer is actively seeking to sell T-Mobile, AT&T is in trouble, especially being at risk for a strong continued growth from DT/T-Mobile.

Again, Sprint won't get T-Mobile, as the FCC will stop it. Since one of the two major Satellite broadcast services, DirecTv, already owned by U.S.-based AT&T, DT shouldn't have much difficulty getting Dish, despite being a foreign-owned company. I still believe it is strongly possible Sprint will be bought out by Verizon, with a spectrum agreement where the 800mhz spectrum gets returned to the government, and possibly some other things as well.

I don't disagree with your views. It's clear that Sprint management doesn't upgrade the network in order and timely fashion that TMobile does. I really want Dutch Telecom to acquire DirecTV that way also they have a robust media platform to compete with AT&T. Plus all that money coming in to Dutch Telecom in T-Mobile USA that cash will give TMobile the necessary muscle to keep buying spectral licenses and upgrading cell sites and adding new ones as needed. I want TMobile to knock AT&T off its throne it's an ancient Relic compared to T-Mobile.

• Like 2

I don't disagree with your views. It's clear that Sprint management doesn't upgrade the network in order and timely fashion that TMobile does. I really want Dutch Telecom to acquire DirecTV that way also they have a robust media platform to compete with AT&T. Plus all that money coming in to Dutch Telecom in T-Mobile USA that cash will give TMobile the necessary muscle to keep buying spectral licenses and upgrading cell sites and adding new ones as needed. I want TMobile to knock AT&T off its throne it's an ancient Relic compared to T-Mobile.

We have similar thinking about this, which is great. I've found a lot to agree with many here on S4GRU lately, which is nice, especially because I know some of my other views aren't too popular around here, but thats fine, so long as everyone is respectful of others. This is a pretty exciting time in the wireless industry all going in with these unlimited data plans. Much credit goes to T-Mobile, but I also have to give credit to Verizon for picking things up and away from the speed-limited video that I believe was plaguing to the industry.

Of course, I'm not too fond of Verizon personally, after handling my account with them so badly after having been happy to join them. Now at least T-Mobile is doing well helping to iron out the few remaining issues I've had since joing back with them, and overall and pleased by their quickness to respond respectfully. If T-Mobile continues to help other customers this way, I think they'll have the lead with customer service very easily. I've never been too happy with Sprint's store CS, but Verizon's is worse. I'm going to keep referring to T-Mobile's CS/executive response whenever needed, as they've been great. AT&T's CS is, well, functional.

We have similar thinking about this, which is great. I've found a lot to agree with many here on S4GRU lately, which is nice, especially because I know some of my other views aren't too popular around here, but thats fine, so long as everyone is respectful of others. This is a pretty exciting time in the wireless industry all going in with these unlimited data plans. Much credit goes to T-Mobile, but I also have to give credit to Verizon for picking things up and away from the speed-limited video that I believe was plaguing to the industry.

Of course, I'm not too fond of Verizon personally, after handling my account with them so badly after having been happy to join them. Now at least T-Mobile is doing well helping to iron out the few remaining issues I've had since joing back with them, and overall and pleased by their quickness to respond respectfully. If T-Mobile continues to help other customers this way, I think they'll have the lead with customer service very easily. I've never been too happy with Sprint's store CS, but Verizon's is worse. I'm going to keep referring to T-Mobile's CS/executive response whenever needed, as they've been great. AT&T's CS is, well, functional.

AT&T s customer service has declined alittle bit and what market do you live in....and also do you have a mifi hotspot with T-Mobile and hows the desnity there.....here verizons desnitiy is better but tmobile has better speeds though................and hows the speed?

AT&T s customer service has declined alittle bit and what market do you live in....and also do you have a mifi hotspot with T-Mobile and hows the desnity there.....here verizons desnitiy is better but tmobile has better speeds though................and hows the speed?

Hi Dan,

I've heard various reports of AT&T's CS and in-store care. AT&T was fine when dealing with my mother and the people seemed alright, which I suppose is great compared with Sprint and Verizon's in-store care, which while neither of those two are good, they are bad in different ways.

Sprint's staff isn't mean or rude, but rather they seem really clueless and often give the wrong information, but its pretty bad when when they do. I can't really say its deliberate though, nor vindictive. I think they just do not know what they're doing don't receive the proper training, nor do they get support from corporate.

Verizon's staff is the opposite part of bad. If they seems stupid, as if they don't know what is going on, etc., it usually isn't genuine, its just an act. Store reps there seemed trained to act arrogant, egotistical, and with an attitude of superiority, just because they work at Verizon. Also, if customers go there to return anything during the trial period, the staff treat those customers as if they are traitors betraying their country.

T-Mobile's store reps vary, not to say they're great, but are better than the others, except for AT&T's reps. Those at T-Mobile seem more honest. They also seem as they act as if they are at a party, rather than at work. This can be a good thing, but also be not so good. It seems there is alot of turnover of staff at T-Mobile, which may be akin to the end of an exciting party where all thats left is a bad hangover for those not meeting quota. That, which is an issue somewhat in all forms of retail, where employees are blamed for not convincing potential customers into buying what they've decided not to do.

Anyways, I'm in the Chicago suburbs somewhat south but mostly west of the city. T-Mobile has great site density around here, just not enough spectrum. AT&T has a more spectrum here than T-Mobile does, but it doesn't seem to have as good of site density. I'd say speeds are about the same outdoors, though AT&T is better indoors. I'm not going to use the Alcatel LinkZone mobile hotspot after all. Just going to use the USB smartphone tethering which I have the International Plus addon that offers unlimited 4G LTE hotspot service.

Hi Dan,

I've heard various reports of AT&T's CS and in-store care. AT&T was fine when dealing with my mother and the people seemed alright, which I suppose is great compared with Sprint and Verizon's in-store care, which while neither of those two are good, they are bad in different ways.

Sprint's staff isn't mean or rude, but rather they seem really clueless and often give the wrong information, but its pretty bad when when they do. I can't really say its deliberate though, nor vindictive. I think they just do not know what they're doing don't receive the proper training, nor do they get support from corporate.

Verizon's staff is the opposite part of bad. If they seems stupid, as if they don't know what is going on, etc., it usually isn't genuine, its just an act. Store reps there seemed trained to act arrogant, egotistical, and with an attitude of superiority, just because they work at Verizon. Also, if customers go there to return anything during the trial period, the staff treat those customers as if they are traitors betraying their country.

T-Mobile's store reps vary, not to say they're great, but are better than the others, except for AT&T's reps. Those at T-Mobile seem more honest. They also seem as they act as if they are at a party, rather than at work. This can be a good thing, but also be not so good. It seems there is alot of turnover of staff at T-Mobile, which may be akin to the end of an exciting party where all thats left is a bad hangover for those not meeting quota. That, which is an issue somewhat in all forms of retail, where employees are blamed for not convincing potential customers into buying what they've decided not to do.

Anyways, I'm in the Chicago suburbs somewhat south but mostly west of the city. T-Mobile has great site density around here, just not enough spectrum. AT&T has a more spectrum here than T-Mobile does, but it doesn't seem to have as good of site density. I'd say speeds are about the same outdoors, though AT&T is better indoors. I'm not going to use the Alcatel LinkZone mobile hotspot after all. Just going to use the USB smartphone tethering which I have the International Plus addon that offers unlimited 4G LTE hotspot service.

That's not bad at all. I know the verizonwireless Reps in town where I live but also I m know by all the wireless stores in the area...the Verizon reps here are outstanding and AT&T and T-Mobile reps in store are awesome and also over the phone but sprints wireless service in store is horrible they have like 3 people servicing 20 people in store I sat there once for 3 hours until I got served. But Sprint is the most clueless when it comes to customer service. I got a free iPhone of the whole ordeal because some how they wrote off the entirety of the iPhone balance and I now have a 128 gigabyte rose gold factory unlocked iPhone for free :) their incompetentcy reaches new heights

• Like 1

That's not bad at all. I know the verizonwireless Reps in town where I live but also I m know by all the wireless stores in the area...the Verizon reps here are outstanding and AT&T and T-Mobile reps in store are awesome and also over the phone but sprints wireless service in store is horrible they have like 3 people servicing 20 people in store I sat there once for 3 hours until I got served. But Sprint is the most clueless when it comes to customer service. I got a free iPhone of the whole ordeal because some how they wrote off the entirety of the iPhone balance and I now have a 128 gigabyte rose gold factory unlocked iPhone for free :) their incompetentcy reaches new heights

Regarding employee treatment of customers have many different variability to the environment of the situation and of course can vary. However, there seems to be an overwhelming amount of similarities regarding reports made about Sprint in-store cs being unhelpful and not very intelligent.

Regarding employee treatment of customers have many different variability to the environment of the situation and of course can vary. However, there seems to be an overwhelming amount of similarities regarding reports made about Sprint in-store cs being unhelpful and not very intelligent.

The Sprint store I went to they are very unintelligent compared to the Verizon reps I know... Sprint...needs to just get rid of that store....

• Like 1

The Sprint store I went to they are very unintelligent compared to the Verizon reps I know... Sprint...needs to just get rid of that store....

I'd really like to see the end of carrier stores altogether, other than having branches inside a few department stores here and there. If carriers were to do this, they could save a ton of money. Rate plans could easily get down to European-like price ranges. I think the rate ought to be $45 monthly per line, taxes included, offering international calling and unlimited 4G LTE mobile hotspot for $15 monthly additional per line. Before anyone starts shouting "Fantasy!!!" at me, the rate I just presented is basically the same equivalent rate of T-Mobile's current two for $100 promo with the Plus International add-on, and the 20% Hookup discount. Keep in mind, I'm only suggesting this under a scenario where carriers greatly minimized their physical retail presence for a greater, less expensive online presence.

Now, I'm sure some will think "Never going to happen, this is America, blah, blah." Well, that is fine if you want to believe that, for those who do. However, I'm not even saying this is going to happen, making predictions on it nor saying it as one of my wireless prophecies. I'm only saying if it were to happen, I think it would be great for consumer prices. Although understandably, this wouldn't be great for employment. While the result of this would save money on cutting jobs, the main thing I'm figuring into this is the savings from retail space leases, etc. Carriers could make up the job loss in retail by hiring more people both in CS, and with engineers to work on network build.

This would be particularly useful for Sprint to do, which perhaps they should, if Sprint really is concerned about saving money, rather than turning the stores into Sprintendo Pokestops. Since the overall consensus for Sprint's reduction in network development and deployment seem to be about money, Sprint could find a funding source by reducing retail and sending that money into deploying band 41, which is what would really, truly help Sprint and make it into the Sprint we know it could be with the NV build and spectrum resources it has, a great, powerful, thriving Sprint, not the sad state Softbank has turned Sprint into.

I'd really like to see the end of carrier stores altogether, other than having branches inside a few department stores here and there. If carriers were to do this, they could save a ton of money. Rate plans could easily get down to European-like price ranges. I think the rate ought to be $45 monthly per line, taxes included, offering international calling and unlimited 4G LTE mobile hotspot for $15 monthly additional per line. Before anyone starts shouting "Fantasy!!!" at me, the rate I just presented is basically the same equivalent rate of T-Mobile's current two for $100 promo with the Plus International add-on, and the 20% Hookup discount. Keep in mind, I'm only suggesting this under a scenario where carriers greatly minimized their physical retail presence for a greater, less expensive online presence.

Now, I'm sure some will think "Never going to happen, this is America, blah, blah." Well, that is fine if you want to believe that, for those who do. However, I'm not even saying this is going to happen, making predictions on it nor saying it as one of my wireless prophecies. I'm only saying if it were to happen, I think it would be great for consumer prices. Although understandably, this wouldn't be great for employment. While the result of this would save money on cutting jobs, the main thing I'm figuring into this is the savings from retail space leases, etc. Carriers could make up the job loss in retail by hiring more people both in CS, and with engineers to work on network build.

This would be particularly useful for Sprint to do, which perhaps they should, if Sprint really is concerned about saving money, rather than turning the stores into Sprintendo Pokestops. Since the overall consensus for Sprint's reduction in network development and deployment seem to be about money, Sprint could find a funding source by reducing retail and sending that money into deploying band 41, which is what would really, truly help Sprint and make it into the Sprint we know it could be with the NV build and spectrum resources it has, a great, powerful, thriving Sprint, not the sad state Softbank has turned Sprint into.

Wow I like to see an end to carriers grip on cell phones and let the customers modify the phones as they wish. What carriers have a monopoly on the Telecom business. So I won't expect them to care about their customers only about profits. Except for T-Mobile they care about their customers.

• Like 1