HTC One M9 User Thread

COZisBack

Screen is cracked on my LG G2 and considering M9 or Nexus 5X as replacements. They are similar physical dimensions, either one gets me up to marshmallow, M9 has great speakers and nexus speaker is reportedly awful. Camera... honestly my wife takes most of the pictures anyway. So, you people like this phone or what?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I think the nexus is overall the better device but you can probably find a better deal on the m9. In either case though I would still go with the nexus.

Just saw this re MM update:https://mobile.twitter.com/moversi/status/693299315280719872

Mo Versi says end of next week (= Soon©)

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Told you it was right around the corner in the m8 thread. Anyway, it looks like it's available for sprint now. :)

So far, seems a little snappier beyond the usual refresh of multiple reboots.  I like the addition of space on the notification bar without the "LTE" and spinning icon.

The only glitch I've seen is that the unread badge would never clear from the HTC Messaging app icon on the home screen.  I re-installed Textra, and that issue seems resolved now.

• 2 weeks later...

After reading this thread, i checked and got this notice. See attached photo

Not sure I want to do this as job software may not be ready for this.attachicon.gifScreeenshot 2016-02-17 HTC M9 Upgrade notice.png

Is "job software" for Remote Administration or an app you have to use to actually do your job?

• Like 1

Is "job software" for Remote Administration or an app you have to use to actually do your job?

This job software is something the company created and updates often.

it has been optional for filing reports of work, but now required to be used on site while working.

It has been SNAFU on Lollipop 5.1.

I called job support. They claim the job app is ready for Android 6.

Here goes nutthin

212 subsystem updating per the first upgrade process

Another 54 on the second upgrade process.

I just hope my other Apps are ready

Nest for the house thermostat

MyQ for the garage door opener

Go to Play Store to verify apps update.  about six HTC apps needed my blessing to update.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have come to realize that the option to exclude some apps from Doze has disappeared from my phone.  I do remember being able to do so once since the MM update, but it no longer appears as an option in the 3-dot menu in Power. I would like it back, so if anyone can point me to it, I'd be indebted!

Thanks

UPDATE:

Thanks to mfreeland on Android central:

Go to Power>Battery Optimization>Tap Battery optimization Not optimized, choose All apps. The list will pop up and you can choose for each app.

• 1 year later...