HTC One M9 User Thread

COZisBack

Thanks AJ...I may bite the bullet and just buy an S5/S6 off swappa or ebay. I'm only paying $1/mth on my M9 lease so it's not uber painful to have it collect dust.

I really love the HTC design, features, ease of root...but it's getting to be less and less worth the headache.

Edit: until I went back and looked at all the issues with the S5 and poor S6 RF...LG maybe? Ugh. Might have to explore a new Nexus.

Thanks AJ...I may bite the bullet and just buy an S5/S6 off swappa or ebay. I'm only paying $1/mth on my M9 lease so it's not uber painful to have it collect dust.

I really love the HTC design, features, ease of root...but it's getting to be less and less worth the headache.

Edit: until I went back and looked at all the issues with the S5 and poor S6 RF...LG maybe? Ugh. Might have to explore a new Nexus.

Can I interest you in a Galaxy S6 Edge+?

Can I interest you in a Galaxy S6 Edge+?

AJ's Wall post seems to indicate the S6E+ is not much better than the S6

If you want a nice flagship with CA and good RF, you may want to look at the LG G4. I like HTC's work as well, but have decided to pass on the M9 for now. 

Hmmm...I like that it brings both removable storage AND battery back into play. I hear the camera is pretty amazing, but hesitant to go another step up in size.

Have to dig around on XDA and see how easy it is to root/custom ROM too.

Hmmm...I like that it brings both removable storage AND battery back into play. I hear the camera is pretty amazing, but hesitant to go another step up in size.

Have to dig around on XDA and see how easy it is to root/custom ROM too.

SIze is not all that different from the M8/M9. My dad had an M8, I just moved him to my old G3 which is basically the same size as the G4 and he thought the change in size wasn't that noticeable. 

The camera is amazing. Especially if you know what you are doing with manual mode ;)

It's been awhile since I've posted on here, but I picked up an M9 a couple weeks ago after my M7 took a 20 min swim in the hot tub with me. First impressions, network wise, this thing is way better than my M7 ever was. I'm in the Minneapolis market and I rarely drop down to 3G now, and I mean rarely! I can even get Band 26 LTE in my basement now.

Seems like band priority works correctly. I spend most of my time on B41. Speed wise, I just got a download speed of 97 MB. Overall, very impressed with this phone. Of course, I haven't used any of the other handsets to compare it, but I'm a fan of Sense.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I have had two notices of automatic updates in my HTC One M9.  The first one totally reset my LTE choices.  The second one did not.

Other than that I have no clue what the updates did.

I do know that I have had Bluetooth issues in the past few weeks.  When I answer the phone with my car Bluetooth, I cannot hear the response.  It makes the call, but no vocal after connection.

I have had two notices of automatic updates in my HTC One M9. The first one totally reset my LTE choices. The second one did not.

Other than that I have no clue what the updates did.

I do know that I have had Bluetooth issues in the past few weeks. When I answer the phone with my car Bluetooth, I cannot hear the response. It makes the call, but no vocal after connection.

Jeff, I have a sneaky suspicion that at least one was to enable CA in our devices. We knew it was capable out of the box but it was not "enabled" out of the box. I am 99.998% sure we can utilize CA now on our M9's....

e43e023e7bed5d9c839aab6b783b581e.jpg

I manually did a profile update this morning.  It reset my B25 disabled, but I did not see added CA fields as some other's screenshots have shown.  Since you have successfully seen CA on SCP, I am curious what your M9 LTE setting screen looks like.

I manually did a profile update this morning.  It reset my B25 disabled, but I did not see added CA fields as some other's screenshots have shown.  Since you have successfully seen CA on SCP, I am curious what your M9 LTE setting screen looks like.

CA doesn't show in SCP at this time, what you can see (on the beta currently) is the "Sprint B41^2) indicating you are connected to a 2nd B41 carrier. This is not the same thing as CA. CA means you are connected to 2 B41 carriers at the same time. non-CA capable phones can still connect to either B41 carrier, just not both at the same time.

based on mr rogers screenshots it doesn't appear that the M9 will show you in your engineering screens that you are connected to CA. the only way you would be able to tell is if you got a speedtest that was faster than ~80mbps. not to say that if you speedtest lower than that you aren't on CA, you just wouldn't be able to tell for sure.

• Like 1

I manually did a profile update this morning. It reset my B25 disabled, but I did not see added CA fields as some other's screenshots have shown. Since you have successfully seen CA on SCP, I am curious what your M9 LTE setting screen looks like.

First, when you do Profile update, I always turns all your bands back on and I'm pretty sure Profile update isn't going to activate the CA capabilities. I don't even know how to tell if it's activated BUT given I have confirmed CA with speed tests, I think it's safe to say we've received the update.

As for the device showing both DL channels, I don't know if we'll get it. I've only seen it on LG devices and HTC could deem it not important to show them. At the end of the day, if we are connected and everything is working, they probably could care less if the nerds like us can see this on Engineering screens.

Here is what the screen looks like when connected to a tower with the 2nd carrier.

a4bf5ad2ca15973a7215e7e294b71b04.jpg

I'll try to find a LG screen for reference.

*It should be noted, I could not get to the 2nd carrier GCI unless I force B41 only. I tested this out today while in an area (connected to tower, sitting in same place) showing no 2nd carrier, switched to B41 only and go to it.

• Like 1

based on mr rogers screenshots it doesn't appear that the M9 will show you in your engineering screens that you are connected to CA. the only way you would be able to tell is if you got a speedtest that was faster than ~80mbps. not to say that if you speedtest lower than that you aren't on CA, you just wouldn't be able to tell for sure.

Thus, many HTC One M9 users will be running numerous speed tests to try to confirm CA.  Am I connected to CA now?  What about now?  How about here?  Or over here?

And my soul dies a little bit more every day…

AJ

• Like 1

Thus, many HTC One M9 users will be running numerous speed tests to try to confirm CA. Am I connected to CA now? What about now? How about here? Or over here?

And my soul dies a little bit more every day…

AJ

You know who to blame.... #ThanksObama

Oh wait, I meant blame HTC, us nerds, we need our engineering data!! [emoji3]

It appears to me that CA is activated on the M9 even though you can't tell through the engineering screen. Below is what I can connect to according to signal check. I got 89 down with a fairly weak signal.

I've only seen on signal check what appears to be a connection with 2 carriers indicated by 'Clearwire B41^2'. I haven't seen it on 'Sprint B41' but I've had a speed test on that of 97 down. See the screenshot below.

post-27762-144124641279_thumb.png

damn those speeds are nice.

Me, still having issues with this thing here in Cali. I can't figure it out, I'm on a solid RSRP on 3G and bang I jump to roaming.

Just found this looking to see if there is any updates around. sorry if this is old news ive been checking every   few days 1and this just came up on my phone todayd4874e346fca15bad3ee4a42da7360ee.jpg

• Like 2

Just found this looking to see if there is any updates around. sorry if this is old news ive been checking every   few days 1and this just came up on my phone todayd4874e346fca15bad3ee4a42da7360ee.jpg

It might be old news somewhere else but its the first I have seen of it.   Strange to see it on a Monday but that is the latest MR for sure. Thanks for sharing

Just found this looking to see if there is any updates around. sorry if this is old news ive been checking every   few days 1and this just came up on my phone today

Its a new update

It populated on my HTC One M9 overnight Tuesday into Wednesday  (Sept 9, 2015).  I approved it about 4: AM  Central US time.

It's too early to tell much. 

Comment added 09/10/2015:    This update did NOT reset my LTE band choices.  I remain set at B41>B26

with B25 turned off.

It populated on my HTC One M9 overnight Tuesday into Wednesday (Sept 9, 2015). I approved it about 4: AM Central US time.

It's too early to tell much.

Definitely looking for any input on the new radio. My radio is rock solid right now and I'd hate for this update to wreck it.

• 3 weeks later...

This just came to my attention with a warning from a supplier that not all apps are updated to use it.  Supplier asked me NOT to upgrade until more is known.

HTC Android Marshmallow update

HTC has already announced that the HTC One models M9 and M9+ will get the Android Marshmallow  (6) update. It isn't clear yet when other devices, such as the HTC One (M8), will get it too. Stay tuned for more on the HTC Android Marshmallow update schedule.

Source:   https://www.androidpit.com/android-m-phone-update-news

Source given also has a new feature link.

Android Marshmallow (6) was supposed to already have started with the Nexus models.

Some of the older marshmallow builds were causing issues with certain apps but the latest build, if I'm not mistaken, took care of a lot of compatibility issues. 

• 3 months later...

Screen is cracked on my LG G2 and considering M9 or Nexus 5X as replacements. They are similar physical dimensions, either one gets me up to marshmallow, M9 has great speakers and nexus speaker is reportedly awful. Camera... honestly my wife takes most of the pictures anyway. So, you people like this phone or what?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk