Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge User Thread

COZisBack

Theres a decent thread on it at XDA. One guy referencing what he was told at the Sprint store. Definitely seems to be an odd issue affecting only certain Samsung / Sprint users.

Yeah, I read through that thread, don't remember anyone saying if they did a hard reset or not.

Going to try tonight and then exchange it tomorrow at the Sprint store if it's still an issue.

I just ran the update and I am not experiencing any rotation issues thus far.

I have the S6 Edge.  I am dropping calls.. anyone having this issue?  I am in Vegas for NAB show, sitting on a call at New York, New York.  When I am on a call, i get 5 bars and it will simply disappear and drop call.   I am not moving around during the drop call.

I have the S6 Edge.  I am dropping calls.. anyone having this issue?  I am in Vegas for NAB show, sitting on a call at New York, New York.  When I am on a call, i get 5 bars and it will simply disappear and drop call.   I am not moving around during the drop call.

Some are experiencing similar issues.  http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s6-edge/help/increased-dropped-calls-t3081385

I haven't experienced any dropped calls at all, call quality has been exceptionally well so far.

I just ran the update and I am not experiencing any rotation issues thus far.

Went ahead and did a factory reset this morning. Didnt help the screen rotation issue. Taking mine in for an exchange today when im off work.

That's interesting that some are having the issue and others aren't. Makes me wonder if it's a hardware issue rather than software. I decided to install the update on my wife's phone (S6) and it seems to be working just fine.

Sent from my Note 4.

The three people I know that have one all say the battery life is bad.

I really think that the battery life issues are completely tied to the 5.0.2 firmware on the device.  The S5 has abysmal battery life after the 5.0.0 update due the wake locks that Google patched up in the 5.1 (and hopefully the rest in 5.1.1 soon) for the Nexus, some of which affect us and some that don't. 

I'm sure that the battery life will improve, however, reading a lot of forums, no one is impressed by it and I think that Samsung really missed the mark by shaving a couple millimeters off the thickness for battery size. 

Think about the S6 that was 8.0 to 9.2 mm thick with all the goodies and a 3500mAh battery?  They wouldn't keep it on the shelves for months it'd be flying off there, despite the lack of waterproofing or SD.  Just seems like they "listened" really well in so many categories and then was like, NAH, EFF THIS BATTERY, we are like the iphone now. 

I really think that the battery life issues are completely tied to the 5.0.2 firmware on the device. The S5 has abysmal battery life after the 5.0.0 update due the wake locks that Google patched up in the 5.1 (and hopefully the rest in 5.1.1 soon) for the Nexus, some of which affect us and some that don't.

I'm sure that the battery life will improve, however, reading a lot of forums, no one is impressed by it and I think that Samsung really missed the mark by shaving a couple millimeters off the thickness for battery size.

Think about the S6 that was 8.0 to 9.2 mm thick with all the goodies and a 3500mAh battery? They wouldn't keep it on the shelves for months it'd be flying off there, despite the lack of waterproofing or SD. Just seems like they "listened" really well in so many categories and then was like, NAH, EFF THIS BATTERY, we are like the iphone now.

Yea, 5.1+ cant come soon enough. It made a big difference on my N5. On its tiny 2300mah battery, I get 4 to 5 hrs SOT.

My S6E is out for delivery right now. Will post about my battery life experience later.

Sent from my SPH-L720

The three people I know that have one all say the battery life is bad.

The best I can compare it too is my m7 which had a 2300mah battery.  The m8 which has the same size battery has much better battery life than the s6 but I guess the extremely fast charging make up for it.  Also, same thing with the m9, battery life on that isn't as good as the m8.

Just a reminder to everyone to give your phone about a week or so before you judge battery life. Most of us use a new phone much harder in the first week because of downloading and setting up apps and playing with new features. After about a week, you are probably more likely to be at your "normal" usage pattern.

I was actually pretty impressed when I asked my wife if she had charged her S6 at all yesterday, her first full day with the phone. She had not charged it all day and she was at 1% at 11pm right before she plugged it in to go to bed.

She usually would go through 1 and a half batteries on her S4 by bedtime. So even with my caution about not judging battery life too quickly, I am initially pretty impressed.

Sent from my Note 4.

So i havent dug into this real well, but i cant seem to figure out how to get rid of Flipboard. I dont even see the app listed. Its set up to open with swipe left from the homescreen, something i used to do with google now.

So i havent dug into this real well, but i cant seem to figure out how to get rid of Flipboard. I dont even see the app listed. Its set up to open with swipe left from the homescreen, something i used to do with google now.

http://gadgetguideonline.com/galaxys6/samsung-galaxy-s6-guides/how-to-disable-flipboard-briefing-on-galaxy-s6-home-screen/
  • Like 2

That's not actually the flipboard app it's a launcher panel Samsung calls "Briefing" that's powered by flipboard. You can turn it off so it doesn't appear by long pressing the home screen until it enters the mode where you can edit the home screens and swiping over to it where there's a checkbox at the top.

• Like 1

just switch to the google now launcher.  million times better!

For battery life, I actually sit in battery saver mode often - seems to really improve battery life without reducing performance that much.

just switch to the google now launcher.  million times better!

For battery life, I actually sit in battery saver mode often - seems to really improve battery life without reducing performance that much.

I'll probably stick with the regular launcher for now. I'm hoping dev's like Nova and others do some cool themes that utilize the edges soon.

I'll probably stick with the regular launcher for now. I'm hoping dev's like Nova and others do some cool themes that utilize the edges soon.

Just email Kevin Barry of Nova Launcher and ask him.  He's very responsive and nice. 

Do you have his email? PM it to me?

Just download Nova Launcher and email him through it.  OR join the beta community (where you should be a member already anyways): https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/103449253667195874971  Then download the betas for Nova Material, which kick arse.

I had upgraded my mothers line to this since her s3 had fried last week. She cannot take it with the dropped calls.

Also its the non edge version

https://community.sprint.com/baw/mobile/mobile-access.jspa#jive-discussion?content=%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv2%2Fdiscussions%2F204172

EDIT: just found this link.

http://www.androidpit.com/samsung-galaxy-s6-camera-problems