Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge User Thread

COZisBack

Hey guys, are you now able to use your fingerprint to authorize purchases in the Google Play Store?  I'd assume yes. 

I'd ask my wife, but she doesn't have her fingerprint enabled on her S6 despite my numerous suggestions it's the fastest way to unlock the phone. 

You guys aren't seeing this behavior are you? 

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/139908/20160310/samsung-galaxy-note-5-android-marshmallow-issues-wi-fi-problems-battery-drain-and-more.htm

That's for Verizon's Note5 update, and I checked my wife's Sprint S6 updated phone, I don't think she's seeing it the best I could tell. 

You guys aren't seeing this behavior are you? 

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/139908/20160310/samsung-galaxy-note-5-android-marshmallow-issues-wi-fi-problems-battery-drain-and-more.htm

That's for Verizon's Note5 update, and I checked my wife's Sprint S6 updated phone, I don't think she's seeing it the best I could tell. 

I have the update on my GS6.  The battery seems to be draining at about the same rate or maybe a LITTLE faster.

I'm not having any lag issues though.

I have the update on my GS6. The battery seems to be draining at about the same rate or maybe a LITTLE faster.

I'm not having any lag issues though.

Been pretty solid for me. Actually seeing like an extra hour or so of battery life

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm liking the update so far. It's been very smooth. Liking the app permission system.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Well, for the first time in my life I have broken a phone. Slipped out of my hand and landed on the edge. Not only did the screen crack, but the LCD is apparently completely busted.

I deeply regret getting the edge. The gimmick was useless and it resulted in a drop being fatal to the phone rather than being an inconvenience.

Back to my single band S4 for now.

Well, for the first time in my life I have broken a phone. Slipped out of my hand and landed on the edge. Not only did the screen crack, but the LCD is apparently completely busted.

I deeply regret getting the edge. The gimmick was useless and it resulted in a drop being fatal to the phone rather than being an inconvenience.

Back to my single band S4 for now.

Should have gotten the speck candy shell case. I swear by them.

The app permission was there before and the update reset all mine.

Are you in the right thread? Didn't you have a Galaxy S4 before then buy a GS7E?

This is the GS6E thread.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Are you in the right thread? Didn't you have a Galaxy S4 before then buy a GS7E?

This is the GS6E thread.

Ack, you're right. Soda straw view on tapatalk mobile.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried every number just doesn't work:-\ is s/n serial number rite?

Yes, but why do you need the serial number? Depending on what you are trying to do more often they want the IMEI or ESN?

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know where I can find bluetooth drivers for the GS6 with Android 6?  When I try to connect my phone to my PC now, it doesn't work.  And I can see 2 bluetooth devices in device manager that need drivers.  I'm assuming that's because the phone is using Android 6 now.  (It used to work with Android 5).  I'm on Windows 7 (64-bit).

Thanks.

4daa62385fa786db0ccaeb573dddbe8f.jpg

I have a Sprint Galaxy S6 Edge that I use every now and then. I'm an iPhone user but like a taste of Android every now and then. I have been using the phone on my T-Mobile line that I just switched over to cricket. It has always been fine in T-Mobile but when switching to Cricket I knew it wouldn't support B17 LTE per the documentation I saw. The second I popped my Cricket Sim in Band 17 LTE came right on. How is this possible??

4daa62385fa786db0ccaeb573dddbe8f.jpg

I have a Sprint Galaxy S6 Edge that I use every now and then. I'm an iPhone user but like a taste of Android every now and then. I have been using the phone on my T-Mobile line that I just switched over to cricket. It has always been fine in T-Mobile but when switching to Cricket I knew it wouldn't support B17 LTE per the documentation I saw. The second I popped my Cricket Sim in Band 17 LTE came right on. How is this possible??

That's interesting. I'm using my DSU GS6E on AT&T and I don't get band 17 LTE.

That's interesting. I'm using my DSU GS6E on AT&T and I don't get band 17 LTE.

I was shocked myself. I only used Band 4 on T-Mobile so no problem at all but I was expecting only HSPA when I switched to Cricket but to my surprise B17 works :)

• 4 weeks later...

Update 8034f65c335d170f1107f4a96d70c29a.jpg

Just remember to clear you cache and cache partition after all updates.  To avoid and/or rule out (not saying you will not have any issues after updates) any issues with that.  :-)

At least, that's what I do after every update, big or small.

• Like 1

Just remember to clear you cache and cache partition after all updates. To avoid and/or rule out (not saying you will not have any issues after updates) any issues with that. :-)

At least, that's what I do after every update, big or small.

Instructions on how to?