Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge User Thread

COZisBack

Sprint representative told me that a profile update would be sent out to activate it for the markets that have CA deployed and Philadelphia market hadn't been deployed yet and thats why the S6 is disabled. And then said why are the other CA capable phones enabled except the S6 and edge. She looked like a deer in headlights and pretty much asked me to leave if there is nothing else she could do for me. I said sure one more thing quit bulls***ing me and just say you have no idea what im talking about.

I just got the S6 Friday night and I'm appalled by batter life (from the S4).  It seems to just drain before my eyes with any kind of use.  I don't stream anything.  Limited video usage.  Mostly texting/FB/FB messenger.  I'm actually thinking of returning it.  Any advice?   This is highly disappointing.  I did tweak a lot of settings, turned stuff off, disabled/uninstalled all the crap. . .  Running in power save mode *all* the time. :(

I just got the S6 Friday night and I'm appalled by batter life (from the S4). It seems to just drain before my eyes with any kind of use. I don't stream anything. Limited video usage. Mostly texting/FB/FB messenger. I'm actually thinking of returning it. Any advice? This is highly disappointing. I did tweak a lot of settings, turned stuff off, disabled/uninstalled all the crap. . . Running in power save mode *all* the time. :(

t

Try replacing Facebook with Tinfoil. Should make a battery difference.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Isn't that for the international model? Sprint might send it later in Feb or March, if the past is any indication. Sooner the better.

Isn't that for the international model? Sprint might send it later in Feb or March, if the past is any indication. Sooner the better.

I hope the doze function in marshmallow works well on the s6. I've read that it did help on the nexus series.

I hope the doze function in marshmallow works well on the s6. I've read that it did help on the nexus series.

It does work well but not if your phone is in your pocket and you're constantly moving around, which I think it's dumb. On my 5X, I lose about 3% per hr with the phone in my pocket.

Data, WiFi, location, and GPS on.

• 4 weeks later...

I took the plunge and upgraded from a GS5 to a GS6 yesterday.

How are you liking it so far?

How are you liking it so far?

I like it so far.  The camera starts up quicker.  The screen looks great.  I like the fingerprint reader (though I hardly use it).

I don't like the embedded battery and the lack of SD card slot.  And it's fast, but still has the few lags in certain apps like the S5 did.  So far, the battery life doesn't seem that different from the S5 to me.

But one of the main reasons I switched was b/c of the addition of the newer LTE bands for roaming.  I will be going to eastern NC soon and no Sprint coverage there.

• Like 1

I got the 32GB one.

I've got the 64gb Note5 and this amount of space is pretty good. I wouldn't be safe with 32 but 64 appears to be the sweet spot for me at the moment. If there would have been a 128gb Note5 option, I would have probably taken it though.

Sent from my Sprint Note5

I've got the 64gb Note5 and this amount of space is pretty good. I wouldn't be safe with 32 but 64 appears to be the sweet spot for me at the moment. If there would have been a 128gb Note5 option, I would have probably taken it though.

Sent from my Sprint Note5

Yeah, I didn't use over 32GB when I had the GS5 plus the micro SD card, so I figured I was safe with this.

I like it so far. The camera starts up quicker. The screen looks great. I like the fingerprint reader (though I hardly use it).

I don't like the embedded battery and the lack of SD card slot. And it's fast, but still has the few lags in certain apps like the S5 did. So far, the battery life doesn't seem that different from the S5 to me.

But one of the main reasons I switched was b/c of the addition of the newer LTE bands for roaming. I will be going to eastern NC soon and no Sprint coverage there.

You should try Samsung Pay, it's really cool & easy to use. There are also several Samsung Pay promotions going around right now.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

You should try Samsung Pay, it's really cool & easy to use. There are also several Samsung Pay promotions going around right now.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I don't have a card from a qualified bank.  :-(

• 3 weeks later...

I have heard that the S6 Edge had carrier aggregation disabled after an update in November or sometime thereabout. I am not sure if my S6 Edge has carrier aggregation enabled or not but it has not really been a huge pain point either way as Sprint's network here is really quite good.

That said, does anyone know how to check on this device if CA is, in fact, enabled?