Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge User Thread

COZisBack

Looking at gs7, did the gs 6 release the same time as the other carriers' version or was there a delay?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Same time as other USA carriers. T-Mobile & AT&T preorders were sent out a bit earlier than Sprint. Verizon had the longest delay.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Moved recently and in the last week or so my phone has suddenly decided it likes the b41 at -111 or worse (useless signal on this phone) better than it does the b26 at -107 (which is usable).

This phone, with its poor b41 performance as well as bad battery life due to ram management, has been a disappointment.

Moved recently and in the last week or so my phone has suddenly decided it likes the b41 at -111 or worse (useless signal on this phone) better than it does the b26 at -107 (which is usable).

This phone, with its poor b41 performance as well as bad battery life due to ram management, has been a disappointment.

Interesting.  I just did a speed test with my GS6 on B41 at -112 here and I got a ping of 30ms with speeds of 43/7 Mbps.  So for me, -111 is more than enough.  Now for me, around -122 is where it starts to be useless.

• Like 1

Interesting. I just did a speed test with my GS6 on B41 at -112 here and I got a ping of 30ms with speeds of 43/7 Mbps. So for me, -111 is more than enough. Now for me, around -122 is where it starts to be useless.

You sure that's b41? The documented issues with b41 are pretty established.

My b41 at those levels is almost unusable.

You sure that's b41? The documented issues with b41 are pretty established.

My b41 at those levels is almost unusable.

According to Signal Check Pro, it's band 41.

Crazy. 

Also, my phone drops LTE at around -117 or so, don't think I've ever seen it hold on as low as -122

Yeah, I've seen my B41 get to about -125 before it drops (to 3G or no signal).  I wish it would drop around -122, b/c at that point it's like dialup.

Yeah, I've seen my B41 get to about -125 before it drops (to 3G or no signal). I wish it would drop around -122, b/c at that point it's like dialup.

In the Omaha metro it used to drop at 117, with a recent change it is now much more aggressive on b41 and holds to 125/127. My GS4T acts about the same as you reported. Great rates in the mid teens that fall off to garbage and intermittent at the mid 20s.

• 3 weeks later...

Last few weeks I've had problems when streaming podcasts or TuneIn radio. The players would periodically just stop playing. I will hit play and it will start streaming until it stops again after a few minutes. Becomes annoying very quickly.

Didn't have this issue until a couple weeks ago. Just curious if anyone else with a S6 has the same issues.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Samsung released 6.0 Marshmallow for S6 today.  Curious to see how long it will take for Sprint S6's to get the update.

http://www.sammobile.com/2016/02/15/samsung-releases-android-6-0-marshmallow-for-the-galaxy-s6-and-the-galaxy-s6-edge-globally/

• Like 1

Samsung released 6.0 Marshmallow for S6 today.  Curious to see how long it will take for Sprint S6's to get the update.

http://www.sammobile.com/2016/02/15/samsung-releases-android-6-0-marshmallow-for-the-galaxy-s6-and-the-galaxy-s6-edge-globally/

Probably another month or so.  Sprint has to go through its rounds of tests/approvals.

• Like 3

Last few weeks I've had problems when streaming podcasts or TuneIn radio. The players would periodically just stop playing. I will hit play and it will start streaming until it stops again after a few minutes. Becomes annoying very quickly.

Didn't have this issue until a couple weeks ago. Just curious if anyone else with a S6 has the same issues.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Do you have B41 in the affected area? Is it a side effect of the new aggressive B41 config? If it doesn't abandon B41 soon enough and holds it into the 120+db range, it'd do something like that.

Do you have B41 in the affected area? Is it a side effect of the new aggressive B41 config? If it doesn't abandon B41 soon enough and holds it into the 120+db range, it'd do something like that.

Quite possible. My commute is mostly 3G with some LTE. The available LTE is B41.

For some reason over the last week it stopped occurring very frequently. But it did happened yesterday in a 3G area. Could be a problem with my podcast app.

Anybody that has the GS6 going to try to get the GS7?  If so, how are you going about it (since the GS6 just came out last year and you are probably still on a contract/lease/installment plan)?

I leased my GS6 in Dec, when they had that Xmas lease special.

Anybody that has the GS6 going to try to get the GS7? If so, how are you going about it (since the GS6 just came out last year and you are probably still on a contract/lease/installment plan)?

I leased my GS6 in Dec, when they had that Xmas lease special.

I'm the account holder of a 5-line family plan with 2 lines eligible for 2-yr upgrades. I'm using one of the upgrades for the S7E. Best Buy did it for me no problem.

Then selling my S6E.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought Google said that they couldn't take it out...

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Actually, I think I found it.  It's not called Doze but it's under battery optimization.

• Like 1

Actually, I think I found it.  It's not called Doze but it's under battery optimization.

That would be it, on Nexus Devices in the battery screen in the options menu it's "Battery Optimization" too.

Nexus Doze.jpeg