Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge User Thread

COZisBack

So I bit the bullet and got this phone.

Im surprised by how many features have been removed, coming from the S4. I knew about all the stuff removed from the S5 (waterproof, SD etc) but I didnt realize the software has been so gimped as well.

Even extremely simple thing removed and I cant understand what the thought process was.

IE: Cant have my apps in a list, only a grid. I already have a grid, its my home screen, why cant I have a list?

Cant set snooze quantity and duration anymore in the alarm. Why the hell not?

Can no longer answer in speakerphone by waving my hand over the phone.

These arent deal-breakers by any means, but they sure are annoying.There are a few other similar little perks I liked to use that simply no longer exist. And Im not talking about hardware changes (like the thermometer) but basic software options.

I just cant imagine a bunch of engineers sitting around and decided that the alarm clock was too complicated and they had to remove 7 options from it. I'm sure theres an app I could get. I'm just baffled as to WHY.

Im surprised by how many features have been removed, coming from the S4. I knew about all the stuff removed from the S5 (waterproof, SD etc) but I didnt realize the software has been so gimped as well.

IE: Cant have my apps in a list, only a grid. I already have a grid, its my home screen, why cant I have a list?

Samsung stripped some of those features out for a while now.  My Note II could list, but it cannot in my Note 4 (Yet you can in easy mode, which I don't understand). They took out some of the smart viewing features, too.

Even extremely simple thing removed and I cant understand what the thought process was.

These arent deal-breakers by any means, but they sure are annoying.There are a few other similar little perks I liked to use that simply no longer exist. And Im not talking about hardware changes (like the thermometer) but basic software options.

I just cant imagine a bunch of engineers sitting around and decided that the alarm clock was too complicated and they had to remove 7 options from it. I'm sure theres an app I could get. I'm just baffled as to WHY.

They probably did think too many options was complicated. Samsung has gone mainstream, trying to make sure their phones can be used by the least common denominator.

They probably did think too many options was complicated. Samsung has gone mainstream, trying to make sure their phones can be used by the least common denominator.

Aka: Grandma who never actually mastered the flip phone and now has a smartphone because her grandkids talked her into it.

Sent from my Note 4

• Like 1

IMO the sollution is simply to bury those options. The least common denominator doesnt have to go into advanced settings. But let the rest of us do it.

I found another one. The phone gives you two options with text messages

-Never delete them

-Only save 1000 and delete older

The first kills your phone (eventually). The 2nd is very restrictive. On the S4, you could set it to any number. WTF not on the 6?

IMO the sollution is simply to bury those options. The least common denominator doesnt have to go into advanced settings. But let the rest of us do it.

I found another one. The phone gives you two options with text messages

-Never delete them

-Only save 1000 and delete older

The first kills your phone (eventually). The 2nd is very restrictive. On the S4, you could set it to any number. WTF not on the 6?

I agree completely, I'm just saying that's probably the reason why Samsung removed them.

It worked for you at Costco? I tried samsung pay MST with my Amex and the swipe terminal said card read error, there was a long line behind me, so I didn't want to hold the line up and just swipe the card

So far samusng pay has yet to fail for me completely. I had three different incidents where I had to use credit because the debit feature didn't want to work but it still went through.

I'm surprised they took out the option to wave your hand to scroll. Samsung had an ad showing someone eating BBQ with messy hands and using their Samsung.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Yup, and that commercial was EVERYWHERE. I rarely used the feature, but when I did, it was exactly that kind of situation. IE, eating ribs, or washing dishes.

Tried to register my Chase cards today (have four of them. Chase isn't supported. Awesome.

I contacted Chase & they said support is coming but didn't say when. Maybe you can email them too. Perhaps if lots of people reach out to them, things might get sped up.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

For some reason the default voicemail app as of 2 days ago is keeping my phone awake for hours. Anyone else, and what version of the app do you guys have on s6/edge?

Edited by Samappz
  • Like 1

For some reason the default voicemail app as of 2 days ago is keeping my phone awake for hours. Anyone else, and what version of the app do you guys have on s6/edge?

I noticed the same thing on my Note 4. It must be a bug in it.

Sent from my Note 4

Note5, same thing. Odd

Sent from my Sprint Note5

• Like 1

I noticed the same on my work phone too, a Galaxy S4T, so I decided to call Sprint. I got transferred to tech support and was told that app comes from Samsung, not Sprint. I guess it's possible, but it sounds odd to me. Anyway, she told me there have been no other reports of this that they have documented. She gave me a phone # to Samsung (1-800-726-7864). I will try to call it later, but I thought if more of us call, maybe the quicker they will get it resolved.

BTW, the version # of my voicemail app on both phones is T.6.0.1.22

Sent from my Note 4

I noticed the same on my work phone too, a Galaxy S4T, so I decided to call Sprint. I got transferred to tech support and was told that app comes from Samsung, not Sprint. I guess it's possible, but it sounds odd to me. Anyway, she told me there have been no other reports of this that they have documented. She gave me a phone # to Samsung (1-800-726-7864). I will try to call it later, but I thought if more of us call, maybe the quicker they will get it resolved.

BTW, the version # of my voicemail app on both phones is T.6.0.1.22

Sent from my Note 4

On post-533-144526637553_thumb.png

Same version, same thing going on... Note 5

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I see that post but I'm not sure how a Sprint forum post makes this a Sprint problem. It may be true, but a random user posting in sprints community forum doesn't make it so.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

I see that post but I'm not sure how a Sprint forum post makes this a Sprint problem. It may be true, but a random user posting in sprints community forum doesn't make it so.

Shows that other devices are affected. Ergo, vis-a-vis, concordantly, not Samsung issue.

• Like 1

Shows that other devices are affected. Ergo, vis-a-vis, concordantly, not Samsung issue.

Eh, that post only mentioned s6 and note5. I agree that it could be other issues, but I'd like to see some proof of that, it's a Samsung app