Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge User Thread

COZisBack

How is the S6 on B25 and B26? We don't have B41 around here yet and I have a couple of family members interested in upgrading to this from their non tri band S4 phones. I don't want them to get this phone and have signal issues.....

What is the Sprint device return policy.... 14 days? And if so, if you renewed your contract can you unrenew it?

You can. You just pay for the restocking fee plus for the amount of plan you partially used.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Does the S6 have wifi calling activated on Sprint?

Yes, it does has wifi calling. I've been using wifi calling on the s6 since yesterday and it seems to work well for now.

No, I checked. It's locked.

Are you referring to SIM lock or bootloader? B/c bootloader comes unlocked.

Sent from my SPH-L720

Seems some folks got bad updates which has led to no screen rotation for some. Conversing with some folks on XDA who have the same issue.

Anyone know how I can go back to the previous firmware?

No, I checked. It's locked.

Do you mind checking which ServiceMode dial codes work on a Sprint variant?

*#0011#

*#2263#

*#27663368378#

*#197328640#

Thanks a lot!

The activation of my wife's s6 did not go very well. I activated it at home and immediately connected it to wifi. Everything seemed good and the activation process completed successfully. I could place a call and receive a call and the same for text messaging. I proceeded to spend a couple hours restoring it and setting it up for her.

The minute she got off of WiFi she told me that the battery was dying quickly. She had gone from 100 percent to 20 percent in about 2.5 hours. I looked at the phone and the data signal was cycling from LTE to no bars with a 'x' and back and forth once every second continuously. Nothing I did would fix it including rebooting, doing a network reset or anything else I tried. The only thing that fixed it was doing a reset from recovery.

Interestingly, my m9 also was not successfully activated the first time. It would not connect to data at all and it required a reset from recovery as well. I must have the world's worst luck.

Sure

Thanks again! It looks quite different than on Shannon 333 based S6: http://i.imgur.com/SvEALjN.png

This looks like it could be a perfect device for discovering sites with Carrier Aggregation enabled. Especially for Chicago users!

But the weirdest part is that according to your screenshot Sprint is shipping these devices with CA disabled. Not sure what's the reason behind this, but that could typically be enabled once the user has root access.

Can people post some low light photos with the S6? Pets, kids, out at a bar, whatever, something in a real life sitch. Not like flower pedals or fire hydrants. Everything looks good super still and with good light. Post an Imgur gallery at full resolution?

I'd also be interested in some slow motion videos. Been using that with the kiddos on my S5 and I just get frustrated with the pixelation.

sent from an underwater dust storm from my Sprint S5

Thanks again! It looks quite different than on Shannon 333 based S6: http://i.imgur.com/SvEALjN.png

This looks like it could be a perfect device for discovering sites with Carrier Aggregation enabled. Especially for Chicago users!

But the weirdest part is that according to your screenshot Sprint is shipping these devices with CA disabled. Not sure what's the reason behind this, but that could typically be enabled once the user has root access.

Yup - I can't wait to see Carrier Aggregation go live.

At first, Carrier Aggregation didn't seem to make much sense to me but traveling around and seeing this new S6 REALLY prefer B41 over B25/26, it's starting to make sense.

For example, on my way home on the train now, the S6 now holds B41 all the way home once I come up from underground (underground subway lives on B26).  My signal sticks around -110 or so and varies between -105 to -120 or so.  At -110 to -120 on the S6, speeds can be pretty slow... around 1-5mbit.  It seems that Carrier Aggregation will give customers with weaker signals MUCH more usable signal.

While everyone always talks about peak speaks under perfect coverage scenarios, in reality, B41 coverage just isn't that strong.  Carrier Aggregation will just bring a better Sprint experience to more customers.  For a few, sure, there will be 100mbits of throughput... but for the vast majority, it seems like they'll be going from low single digits to maybe 10mbit, which is practical service to provide based on competition. 

• Like 1

Seems some folks got bad updates which has led to no screen rotation for some. Conversing with some folks on XDA who have the same issue.

Anyone know how I can go back to the previous firmware?

Have you hard reset the device and if you did, did that fix the screen rotation issue?  I got my gold edge today and haven't turned it on yet just wanted to know if I should take the ota or not.

Have you hard reset the device and if you did, did that fix the screen rotation issue? I got my gold edge today and haven't turned it on yet just wanted to know if I should take the ota or not.

I'm wondering the same. I just got my wife an S6 yesterday. I told her to hold off on the update. Anyone know whether or not we should update or hold off?

Sent from my Note 4.

Saw this on Droid Life, but thought I'd post here as some of your are new to Samsung phones, veterans need not listen. 

Remember that there is hard-to-see plastic covering on your camera lens and on your heart rate sensor (plus probably 100 other places on the S6, I haven't actually unboxed one myself).  Classic Samsung.

• Like 1

Have you hard reset the device and if you did, did that fix the screen rotation issue? I got my gold edge today and haven't turned it on yet just wanted to know if I should take the ota or not.

From what I gather, it's not an every device issue. I haven't tried it, but others did and it didn't help.

Saw this on Droid Life, but thought I'd post here as some of your are new to Samsung phones, veterans need not listen.

Remember that there is hard-to-see plastic covering on your camera lens and on your heart rate sensor (plus probably 100 other places on the S6, I haven't actually unboxed one myself). Classic Samsung.

The film on the camera lens actually has a hole over the view lens. There is also one over the flash/heart rate monitor. Other than that, just a film sleeve around the device.

Remember that there is hard-to-see plastic covering on your camera lens and on your heart rate sensor (plus probably 100 other places on the S6, I haven't actually unboxed one myself).  Classic Samsung.

LOL, I wouldn't have noticed if it was for your post.