Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge User Thread

COZisBack

aOKJ8AG.jpg

Model: SM-G920PZDASPR (Galaxy S6) / SM-G925PZDASPR (Galaxy S6 Edge)

Processor: Samsung Exynos Quad 2.1GHz + Quad 1.5Ghz, Octa-Core

Display: Quad HD Super AMOLED (Galaxy S6) / Quad HD Dual Edge Super AMOLED (Galaxy S6 Edge)

• 5.1 inches / 2560 x 1440 / 577 PPI (Galaxy S6)
  • 5.1 inches / 2560 x 1440 / 576 PPI (Galaxy S6 Edge)
  • j1LqNzA.jpg?1

Cellular Bands:

• 2G GSM: GSM850, GSM900, DCS1800, PCS1900;
  • 2G CDMA: CDMA800, USPCS1900;
  • 3G UMTS: B1(2100), B2(1900), B5(850), B8(900);
  • 3G CDMA: BC0(800), BC1(1900), BC10(800);
  • 4G FDD LTE: B2(1900), B4(AWS), B5(850), B12(700), B25(1900), B26(800);
  • 4G TDD LTE: B41(2500)

Wireless:

• 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4G+5GHz, VHT80 MIMO
  • Bluetooth v4.1
  • NFC

Notes:

• Sprint Spark
  • HD Voice
  • Wi-Fi Calling
  • Fully CCA/RRPP Compliant
  • Sprint Band 41 Carrier Aggregation
  • Currently no Sprint VoLTE capabilities
  • No SVLTE (Spark devices don't support SVLTE)

I started a RDF spotting page over at XDA for the S6, like I have in the past for Samsung phones. 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-galaxy-s6/general/rdf-discussion-thread-sprint-galaxy-s6-t3070982/post59852921#post59852921

At this time I'm not getting the phone, but who knows what the future will hold. 

I ordered mine early last Friday and am like a child waiting for Christmas morning.  Here's to hoping to have it early since I live close to the distribution center.

Which one did you order?

Didn't notice it in store, but the black sapphire definitely looks 'sapphire' Navy color in certain light and angles. Love it.

Agreed. I thought it was the best choice of the 3 due to that change in certain light.

sent from an underwater dust storm from my Sprint S5

Didn't notice it in store, but the black sapphire definitely looks 'sapphire' Navy color in certain light and angles. Love it.

Are u really gonna make us wait to hear about it?????

Lol

I actually noticed that in the few videos I saw.

I'm considering the lease option for my wife's line. She is almost due for a 2 year upgrade anyway but the 24 month lease will be cheaper than buying the phone ($120 - lease vs $200 - on contract) over the 24 month period. According to Sprint, I'm eligible for a $15 monthly credit for leasing the phone so it's effectively $5 per month.

I know I can just walk into the Sprint store on Friday to get one but it appears Best Buy's promo with the free wireless charger is in effect through Saturday. Does anyone know if the free wireless charger will be given if I lease the phone instead of purchase it? Best Buy is a much farther drive for me but it would be worth it to get the free charger. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my Note 4.

I'm considering the lease option for my wife's line. She is almost due for a 2 year upgrade anyway but the 24 month lease will be cheaper than buying the phone ($120 - lease vs $200 - on contract) over the 24 month period. According to Sprint, I'm eligible for a $15 monthly credit for leasing the phone so it's effectively $5 per month.

I know I can just walk into the Sprint store on Friday to get one but it appears Best Buy's promo with the free wireless charger is in effect through Saturday. Does anyone know if the free wireless charger will be given if I lease the phone instead of purchase it? Best Buy is a much farther drive for me but it would be worth it to get the free charger. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my Note 4.

I'm not sure the lease would be cheaper.  With the contract, you pay $200, but couldn't you then sell the phone for at least $150 making it a $70 profit over the lease.  That's assuming that the lease doesn't let you keep the phone, right?

And then as far as the Best Buy part, if you lease it from them, do you still receive the $15 credit, or does the lease have to be directly through Sprint?

I'm not sure the lease would be cheaper. With the contract, you pay $200, but couldn't you then sell the phone for at least $150 making it a $70 profit over the lease. That's assuming that the lease doesn't let you keep the phone, right?

And then as far as the Best Buy part, if you lease it from them, do you still receive the $15 credit, or does the lease have to be directly through Sprint?

From what I found, it can be done through Sprint or Best Buy to still get the credit but I will double check that.

I see what you mean about selling it at the end. I had considered that but I was mainly looking at cash outlay (especially upfront) instead of factoring in a possible sale with a purchase.

One interesting thing I found about the lease is that as long as I would continue leasing on that line, I will "forever" get a $15 per month credit, even if I lease a new phone. So, at the 24 month mark, I turn in the S6, lease a new phone, and still get the $15 credit.

I'm not fully sold on the lease yet but it's something I'm seriously considering.

Sent from my Note 4.

• Like 1

The fingerprint scanner takes a minute to set up, but it works extremely well once you do it. I've tried it now placing my thumb in several positions and it unlocks it within a second or so each time.

From what I found, it can be done through Sprint or Best Buy to still get the credit but I will double check that.

I see what you mean about selling it at the end. I had considered that but I was mainly looking at cash outlay (especially upfront) instead of factoring in a possible sale with a purchase.

One interesting thing I found about the lease is that as long as I would continue leasing on that line, I will "forever" get a $15 per month credit, even if I lease a new phone. So, at the 24 month mark, I turn in the S6, lease a new phone, and still get the $15 credit.

I'm not fully sold on the lease yet but it's something I'm seriously considering.

Sent from my Note 4.

I set my family up (all except me) with the $5 lease options around Xmas with 3x S5s and one iPhone6. We went that way because

1) I could get them all into a new phone then, some didn't have contracts up for almost another year,

2) $5 lease for life on those lines as long as you keep leasing,

3) selling phones is a hassle, fact.

I've sold many phones in the past and what always ends up happening is you get boned on Ebay fees with the hassle of shipping, wiping, etc. or you do some shady deal on Craigslist or you trade it in and Sprint gives you a measly $30. So in the end paying $120 over the life of lease is better than the $200 outright, for me. Plus Sprint will have occasional times where leasing folks might be able to upgrade free before the 24 months, so now we're poised if that happens. My family doesn't really care what phone they use, just me, and I care what they use because I'm Tech support for them. So newer was easier. We're not leaving Sprint, so I'm not worried about breaking lease terms or contracts.

I set my family up (all except me) with the $5 lease options around Xmas with 3x S5s and one iPhone6. We went that way because

1) I could get them all into a new phone then, some didn't have contracts up for almost another year,

2) $5 lease for life on those lines as long as you keep leasing,

3) selling phones is a hassle, fact.

I've sold many phones in the past and what always ends up happening is you get boned on Ebay fees with the hassle of shipping, wiping, etc. or you do some shady deal on Craigslist or you trade it in and Sprint gives you a measly $30. So in the end paying $120 over the life of lease is better than the $200 outright, for me. Plus Sprint will have occasional times where leasing folks might be able to upgrade free before the 24 months, so now we're poised if that happens. My family doesn't really care what phone they use, just me, and I care what they use because I'm Tech support for them. So newer was easier. We're not leaving Sprint, so I'm not worried about breaking lease terms or contracts.

Selling a phone may be a hassle to you but not to me, there is nothing to it if you know what to expect.  In my opinion leasing is a horrible option compared to other current options that are available.  Sure, your upfront costs will be less but you will spend more over that lifetime of the lease and service plan.

• Like 4

Selling a phone may be a hassle to you but not to me, there is nothing to it if you know what to expect.  In my opinion leasing is a horrible option compared to other current options that are available.  Sure, your upfront costs will be less but you will spend more over that lifetime of the lease and service plan.

Eh, a lease at $20 a month is a suckers game and I'd never do it.  At $5 a month?  Far less will be spent over the life of the lease contract and you'd have to make at least $80 profit if owned/sold for it to just break even.  I've made about 180 - 200 on my old phones when I've sold them, but managing the selling of 5 phones is too much of a pain.  I'll keep trudging forward on my line without leases.  We're on an old family plan that is far better than anything currently available for plans.  So, it's nice there are choices for folks like you and folks like me.

Edit: with how iphones keep their value, owning and reselling even back to Sprint is valuable.  I doubt the S6 will fall into the reselling category that Apple dominates even with the improved quality builds.

For those that got the s6 edge models, any issues with scratches on the screen like many have reported on tmobile?

Selling a phone may be a hassle to you but not to me, there is nothing to it if you know what to expect. In my opinion leasing is a horrible option compared to other current options that are available. Sure, your upfront costs will be less but you will spend more over that lifetime of the lease and service plan.

I went easy pay. First time I haven't bought on 2 year renewal in 10 years.

Main reason was because the move I made with my plan saved me enough money to pay for the easy pay payments.

Eh, a lease at $20 a month is a suckers game and I'd never do it.  At $5 a month?  Far less will be spent over the life of the lease contract and you'd have to make at least $80 profit if owned/sold for it to just break even.  I've made about 180 - 200 on my old phones when I've sold them, but managing the selling of 5 phones is too much of a pain.  I'll keep trudging forward on my line without leases.  We're on an old family plan that is far better than anything currently available for plans.  So, it's nice there are choices for folks like you and folks like me.

Edit: with how iphones keep their value, owning and reselling even back to Sprint is valuable.  I doubt the S6 will fall into the reselling category that Apple dominates even with the improved quality builds.

So what are you paying per month on all your lines if you don't mind me asking?

Haven't noticed anything. What were they referring to?

http://pocketnow.com/2015/04/02/galaxy-s6-edge-scratches

There are lots of similar articles around the web.